BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Unique/Cool Parts of the M2 CS Racing. Some fit M2 street versions

07-07-2021, 01:49 AM   #67
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
My Front Sway Bar Install Guide is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTP20 View Post
Stabilizer bars - how are they different from the aftermarket H&R offering (30/25mm)?
I'm pretty sure there isn't any difference for the front. The CSR rear bar is listed at 26mm (instead of 25mm) though.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
FTP2034.00
      07-07-2021, 09:50 AM   #68
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Super stoked as my order from Denmark just arrived. Side note, my DHL driver is incredibly cool, and got a HUGE laugh out of the drama in ordering these parts. He appreciated being a co-conspirator in this international plot!

The bar looks great and FaRKle! well done on your install video!

I also ordered the behind the kidney grills screens, and am disappointed. All sharp edges, no easy means of install, and really is just rough cut out of steel screen. It was a gamble and thankfully not expensive but wanted to share so others can see them as well.

The zunsport screens for the lower sections are 100x better, and recommend skipping the official CSR kidney screens.
Attached Images

'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
CSBM52695.50
      07-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #69
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Super stoked as my order from Denmark just arrived. Side note, my DHL driver is incredibly cool, and got a HUGE laugh out of the drama in ordering these parts. He appreciated being a co-conspirator in this international plot!

I also ordered the behind the kidney grills screens, and am disappointed. All sharp edges, no easy means of install, and really is just rough cut out of steel screen. It was a gamble and thankfully not expensive but wanted to share so others can see them as well.

The zunsport screens for the lower sections are 100x better, and recommend skipping the official CSR kidney screens.
Wow….do they expect you to just press those into by place?
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      07-07-2021, 11:11 AM   #70
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:

Wow….do they expect you to just press those into by place?
Zip ties?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 02:19 PM   #71
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

Wow. Are those custom cut chicken wire? How are you supposed to secure those?
Appreciate 2
Jimjamz4538.00
StephGOD218.50
      07-07-2021, 09:06 PM   #72
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

How does the protective kidney grill mesh attach on? Are there separate part numbers for any attachment screws?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 05:26 PM   #73
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
What am I missing...? I can't seem to find the parts on the https://www.schmiedmann.com/ website... I find the M2CS, but cannot find what I expect to find (one example, front swaybar). Any help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 05:30 PM   #74
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Here are the part numbers for the sway bar and set of bushings:

31-35-8-431-269
31-35-8-431-270
Appreciate 1
M2guru374.50
      07-09-2021, 02:24 PM   #75
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:

31-35-8-431-269
31-35-8-431-270
Much appreciated! How can I see all of the parts discussed in FaRKle!'s video...do I simply have to know the part number?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 02:28 PM   #76
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Quote:

31-35-8-431-269
31-35-8-431-270
Much appreciated! How can I see all of the parts discussed in FaRKle!'s video...do I simply have to know the part number?
You can use this site to browse the parts but it is almost impossible to order here in the US. Use Schmiedmann if you do.

https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/BMW_2...CS-Racing.html
Appreciate 1
M2guru374.50
      07-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #77
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Quote:

Your Zunsport installation video inspired me to get the lower pieces (thanks for that tip) and I believe Zunsport products are 100% worth it. But now I have the kidney portion all open, and want to cover them up, to be 'all matchy-matchy' and protective. Honestly, I like the more uniform look the Zunsport grill set provides to the bonnet...

How did the kidney grille screen/mesh option above work out for you? If you installed it, indulge me some silly Qs:

- Is the mesh 'cheaply made', especially compared to the Zunsport one?

- are they black or silver in colour?

- what is the material: SS, aluminum or some plastic?

- I can't visualize how to attach the actual mesh to the rear section of the kidney grille...would you just 'loop' the cable tie around the front slats? If so, won't they be visible from the front? Appreciate any tips on that...

- I know, quite pricey for some chicken-coop wire, but I am still considering it given that it should provide better protection vs. leaving the gaping hole. So is this the entire kit: 2 mesh pieces + 4 zip ties?

Lastly, I am surprised that no one has come up with a drop in kidney grille replacement that already has the wire mesh welded at the rear. I would pay for that instead of going through all this trouble...
      07-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #78
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Your Zunsport installation video inspired me to get the lower pieces (thanks for that tip) and I believe Zunsport products are 100% worth it. But now I have the kidney portion all open, and want to cover them up, to be 'all matchy-matchy' and protective. Honestly, I like the more uniform look the Zunsport grill set provides to the bonnet...

How did the kidney grille screen/mesh option above work out for you? If you installed it, indulge me some silly Qs:

- I can't visualize how to attach the actual mesh to the rear section of the kidney grille...would you just 'loop' the cable tie around the front slats? If so, won't they be visible from the front? Appreciate any tips on that...

- I know, quite pricey for some chicken-coop wire, but I am still considering it given that it should provide better protection vs. leaving the gaping hole. So is this the entire kit: 2 mesh pieces + 4 zip ties?

Lastly, I am surprised that no one has come up with a drop in kidney grille replacement that already has the wire mesh welded at the rear. I would pay for that instead of going through all this trouble...
So candidly the CSR screens are absolutely worthless AND useless. They are rough cut out of black steel chicken wire, and all of those ends are sharp. The install would be like zip ties or something, and no doubt would tear up the inside of the bumper cover with all of those raw edges. I have them but will not be installing them.
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 07:25 PM   #79
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

So candidly the CSR screens are absolutely worthless AND useless. They are rough cut out of black steel chicken wire, and all of those ends are sharp. The install would be like zip ties or something, and no doubt would tear up the inside of the bumper cover with all of those raw edges. I have them but will not be installing them.
Well, appreciate providing your unfiltered input. Thanks for saving us go down this useless route…

So what other feasible options are there?
      07-27-2021, 10:03 PM   #80
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, appreciate providing your unfiltered input. Thanks for saving us go down this useless route…

So what other feasible options are there?
None for pre-made that I have seen for the kidneys
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2021, 11:16 AM   #81
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
None for pre-made that I have seen for the kidneys
Thanks, please update us should you come up with something feasible. Ideally 'plug-n-play' solution would be best, but open to any other solid options.
      07-29-2021, 06:21 AM   #82
moveswiftly
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4, 135i

Garage List
2012 335iS  [0.00]
Has anyone test fitted the CS racing lip?

Gone but not forgotten: Cayman GT4, M2C, 2011 135i, E83 X3 6MT, 2016 SO M3, 2012 335iS, 2010 135i and 2006 e90 325xi
Appreciate 1
aparedes299.00
      07-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #83
aparedes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveswiftly View Post
Has anyone test fitted the CS racing lip?
Interested to know as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 07:11 AM   #84
bruiser135msport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 CS & Bmw E21 320i

M2 CSR Complete Exhaust System : Specs & Details

G’day All
Can anyone whose Racing their M2 CSR explain the Cell Count for the downpipes and the differences with the complete CSR exhaust system Vs the standard complete factory CS system .

I’m looking at a Complete CSR exhaust system for my street CS : are there any performance improvements ?

Cheers
Bruce
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2021, 08:06 PM   #85
BMW DIY Guy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.75]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Installed the front sway bar today and was a very easy install. I will have a DIY up shortly.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:55 PM   #86
kart driver
Captain
Rep
Drives: M & GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparedes View Post
Interested to know as well.

Me too
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 02:31 AM   #87
sublimey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Boxster S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post

hmmm so which is the correct order sheet? Do we need the Holder front (left and right) ??
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 07:37 AM   #88
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Zip ties?
Yes, the mesh behind the CSR kidneys are factory zip tied into place. Very difficult to see unless you are studying it.

Kidneys are cheap and easily replaceable if need, go ahead and drill those tiny holes

Last edited by ptgltw; 08-06-2021 at 07:48 AM..
Appreciate 2
FaRKle!3994.50
chris7197273.00