Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
It was awesome!

M2C for laps in the autocross course, G80 M3C on the south palm course in the morning.

Great lunch.

Got my laps in the GT4 on the south palm course right after lunch. I'll post video once I have a chance to crop it to reasonable length. Some of the other participants were pretty timid, so I was glad to get out of my group of 3. I had 10 minutes following my own instructor, who was driving the doors off an M4C trying to give me as much room as possible. He was bouncing off the full width of almost every curb and berm to carry speed in the corners and had a little more speed down the straights, but I could have been faster having gotten comfortable with the race car. The unassisted brakes were actually very easy to work with, and I could have braked ridiculously late if I didn't have to trail the instructor in his street car. The machine was raw and angry, very easy to drive at the limit, sounded awesome, and just worked well.

Next we went back to the autocross course for timed runs and I managed to set the best time. Not too shabby! (Bragging rights in pic….I'm Brian in the blue group)

The last drive was back in the G80 on the south palm course. The G80 is easy to drive fast, but obviously less exhilarating than the GT4, and for me was far less engaging and "white knuckled" than my prepped 1M at the limit on track. I don't like the ZF. At low speeds, shifting 1-2-3 produced firm mechanical jerks that must be programmed in to give the illusion of mechanical feel, but once at speed it shifts with slop, usually a good half second after the paddle is pulled. It is obvious once driving hard that it is not a DCT. Engine was awesome. Sounded great.

The instructors then gave us a ride around south palm drifting the corners. What an experience! I rode in the backseat. The instructor had long hair. He turned on some Ozzy Osbourne, opened all the windows, reclined his drivers seat almost all the way back and set loose. From the back seat, it just looked, sounded, and smelled amazing.
Attached Images

1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 5
GimmeanM1448.50
mfarrzhp1491.00
Tornado1M1209.00
Jimjamz4565.00
      10-28-2021, 05:36 AM   #179
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
It was awesome!

M2C for laps in the autocross course, G80 M3C on the south palm course in the morning.

Great lunch.

Got my laps in the GT4 on the south palm course right after lunch. I'll post video once I have a chance to crop it to reasonable length. Some of the other participants were pretty timid, so I was glad to get out of my group of 3. I had 10 minutes following my own instructor, who was driving the doors off an M4C trying to give me as much room as possible. He was bouncing off the full width of almost every curb and berm to carry speed in the corners and had a little more speed down the straights, but I could have been faster having gotten comfortable with the race car. The unassisted brakes were actually very easy to work with, and I could have braked ridiculously late if I didn't have to trail the instructor in his street car. The machine was raw and angry, very easy to drive at the limit, sounded awesome, and just worked well.

Next we went back to the autocross course for timed runs and I managed to set the best time. Not too shabby! (Bragging rights in pic….I'm Brian in the blue group)

The last drive was back in the G80 on the south palm course. The G80 is easy to drive fast, but obviously less exhilarating than the GT4, and for me was far less engaging and "white knuckled" than my prepped 1M at the limit on track. I don't like the ZF. At low speeds, shifting 1-2-3 produced firm mechanical jerks that must be programmed in to give the illusion of mechanical feel, but once at speed it shifts with slop, usually a good half second after the paddle is pulled. It is obvious once driving hard that it is not a DCT. Engine was awesome. Sounded great.

The instructors then gave us a ride around south palm drifting the corners. What an experience! I rode in the backseat. The instructor had long hair. He turned on some Ozzy Osbourne, opened all the windows, reclined his drivers seat almost all the way back and set loose. From the back seat, it just looked, sounded, and smelled amazing.
Well done! I did the same event back in May, but we drove the F82 for our hot laps. Would have liked to experience the G80. Such a cool course and great event.
Appreciate 1
CarJunkie2616.50
      11-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #180
bdogk
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS,M4GTS,'21-X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Well done! I did the same event back in May, but we drove the F82 for our hot laps. Would have liked to experience the G80. Such a cool course and great event.
I've already done the 2-day Advanced M-School, but contemplating whether to use my voucher towards that again (as you get so much track time) or do the 1-day M4 GT4 only. As I read, you only get 30-45 mins in the GT4.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 03:37 PM   #181
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogk View Post
Quote:
I've already done the 2-day Advanced M-School, but contemplating whether to use my voucher towards that again (as you get so much track time) or do the 1-day M4 GT4 only. As I read, you only get 30-45 mins in the GT4.
M4 GT4 gives you 30 minutes (25 hot) in the GT4, 2 track sessions in M3C, 2 autocross sessions in M2C. It is an "experience" so you aren't guaranteed full speed laps. The lead instructor is in a regular M4C on slicks. I lucked out and had an instructor to myself after another student had a mishap, but prior to that we had to go as slow as the slowest driver was comfortable with. I still had a great time. I would not pay full price for it, but it only cost me $400 after my CS credit and loyalty credit.

For $9995 you can have 250 miles of GT4 hot laps, and would be eligible for that if you have done the advanced school.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 05:23 PM   #182
bdogk
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS,M4GTS,'21-X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
M4 GT4 gives you 30 minutes (25 hot) in the GT4, 2 track sessions in M3C, 2 autocross sessions in M2C. It is an "experience" so you aren't guaranteed full speed laps. The lead instructor is in a regular M4C on slicks. I lucked out and had an instructor to myself after another student had a mishap, but prior to that we had to go as slow as the slowest driver was comfortable with. I still had a great time. I would not pay full price for it, but it only cost me $400 after my CS credit and loyalty credit.

For $9995 you can have 250 miles of GT4 hot laps, and would be eligible for that if you have done the advanced school.
Thanks for sharing your insight. Agree I wouldn't pay full price for it either. Still trying to decide whether to use the voucher towards the 2-day package again.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 07:04 PM   #183
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I mainly did the GT4 experience because you can't do the advanced school unless you have completed either a one day or two day school, neither of which I have done. I have a lot of track experience and really didn't feel like doing the regular M school.

Fortunately I was told after the GT4 experience that I am qualified to do the advanced M school, so I will probably schedule one of those next year. If they are still offering it, I may go back and do a full day of lapping in the GT4 because I really feel like it would be a great day.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2021, 11:08 AM   #184
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogk View Post
Quote:
I'd try the race license school. I did it in September and I thought it was a decent value. Get to actually do some passing and starts. Good amount of seat time.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 04:04 PM   #185
Face
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I bought a M4 CS back in 2020 and had totally forgotten about this as I never think I received the voucher and at the time it was pretty difficult to travel.

I hope the voucher is still valid - is there a particular number I need to call to claim this?

Only asking today as I went to UDE here in Houston and remembered that I had paid for this option and would really like to use it to offset the cost of Advanced M School.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #186
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
I bought a M4 CS back in 2020 and had totally forgotten about this as I never think I received the voucher and at the time it was pretty difficult to travel.

I hope the voucher is still valid - is there a particular number I need to call to claim this?

Only asking today as I went to UDE here in Houston and remembered that I had paid for this option and would really like to use it to offset the cost of Advanced M School.

Thanks!!
Think I remember it being 3 years from purchase...but may be only 2. I'd call the PC line and get it sorted asap. Fyi, you need to have done M School to to Advanced M, unless they clear you based on other demonstrable prior experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 06:12 PM   #187
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 Touring (Frozen Black)

Garage List
I'm doing my BMW track day this September with the voucher credit. I traded up a level but got the offset for the course. Looking forward to it. I always enjoy doing one every few years.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2022, 07:41 PM   #188
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjamz View Post
I'm doing my BMW track day this September with the voucher credit. I traded up a level but got the offset for the course. Looking forward to it. I always enjoy doing one every few years.
What a coincidence, we're booked in for September as well
Jimjamz4565.00
      06-05-2022, 02:05 AM   #189
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
SA?
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2022, 02:29 AM   #190
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

SA?
Yes, on 21st of September
      06-05-2022, 07:14 AM   #191
Jimjamz
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "MadBimmeRad;28975778"

SA?
I'm the 15th at Eastern Creek. It will be the first trip there in 5 years.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2022, 07:02 PM   #192
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

I'm the 15th at Eastern Creek. It will be the first trip there in 5 years.
Exciting, especially after two years of COVID dramas
      07-23-2022, 01:09 PM   #193
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I've got a dilemma. Just picked up a new x5e and it came with a 20% code for m School. Combined with my credit for the CS it makes a two day M school around $1500.

Would you do a two day M school, spend the money on track days, or a 1 day school and try to do an advanced school? You can buy multiple schools with the discount.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 04:35 PM   #194
MarlboroM2C
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
  [10.00]
2021 BMW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I've got a dilemma. Just picked up a new x5e and it came with a 20% code for m School. Combined with my credit for the CS it makes a two day M school around $1500.

Would you do a two day M school, spend the money on track days, or a 1 day school and try to do an advanced school? You can buy multiple schools with the discount.
I did the two day track school. I highly recommend.

://youtu.be/b6N2O9cli9g
      07-23-2022, 06:17 PM   #195
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

The advanced school is very good. I'm doing two days of private instruction at the end of August which sadly the discount codes don't work for. If you can do a one day school and then jump to the advanced I'd go for it.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2022, 09:03 PM   #196
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
The advanced school is very good. I'm doing two days of private instruction at the end of August which sadly the discount codes don't work for. If you can do a one day school and then jump to the advanced I'd go for it.
I'd like to do the two day advanced school at VIR. Just wasn't sure if doing some club days with a good instructor in my own car would be a good idea.
Appreciate 1
Fugly M35029.00
      07-24-2022, 12:40 AM   #197
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'd like to do the two day advanced school at VIR. Just wasn't sure if doing some club days with a good instructor in my own car would be a good idea.
I don't think they're currently offering VIR, are they? I did it back in 2019 and it was great. Of course, it was with a good group of BMW driving school buddies, but it was still great.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2022, 06:41 AM   #198
CC3586
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdeck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M3forRay View Post
My voucher/gift certificate for M drivers package came in an email this morning and my CS is still in transit with an ETA of tomorrow.

btw - I'm the 2nd owner. All I had to do was call that 800 number I posted above.
Interesting that you got it as a 2nd buyer, because that has never been the case for previous M driver's packages with 2nd owners. Glad you scored!
I also got my aswell as a 2nd owners of my CS , call the dealership 6 months after I bought mine and email BMW UK, send them documents like invoice and full option list to show (7ME M Driver's Pack is included for CS ).

2 months later received a email and voucher code worth €1200 euros or £1000 GBP
Attached Images

Appreciate 0