BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > BMW M2 Competition Premiere Event, Switzerland

05-29-2018, 12:33 PM   #23
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbmw View Post
Nice event Thanks for pics and sharing.

Have the Swiss prices already been released? I only heard that the M2C should start at 77.9k CHF but a few weeks ago there were no information about specs and options.

I also wonder how much the sale prices are going to be. There are currently significant price differences between list prices and sale prices and CHF is again stronger than a few weeks ago.
All that is known so far is the base price (77,9K CHF). Ordering should be possible from june 8th.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 12:46 PM   #24
No BMW Golddigger
Registered
Rep
Drives: No car

Thanks for sharing!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:01 PM   #25
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche GT4 & 2013 VW GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Hello folks

They didn't make it too long and then finally unwrapped the M2 Competition. It was actually the car we all know from the press kit fotos. So all i can give you with my sealed bag are my imperssions..

First of all i was happy to see the Hockenheim Silver in person. In nearly all pictures the car looks pretty whitish and in real live its not white at all, and i was hoping for that a lot. It looks rather more light gray and has a touch of metallic. it looks great in person and I am now sure about HS will be the right choice for me.

The M seats respectively its inserts where not as bad as i was expecting. If you look at the inserts from a steep angle then yes it looks very blue. But as said, its not that bad so will be fine. The seats where automatic and i was very positively suprised about how low they go. I had the feeling that they where even a bit lower than my E46's seats, so thats a big plus. i was able to get a much better angled and lower seating position than in the M2 LCI, very nice.

Wheels and big brakes where just gorgeous. I like the 788M wheels a lot since they kinda remind of the E46 M3 CSL wheels. they where polished/silver and looked just very very good.

One of the guys test sitting in the car "accidentally" turned on the motor. I was expecting the worst from sound perspective, but was very positively suprised about what i heard. He then quickly turned it off again, since it was a rather small and actually really closed room

Few minutes later BMW decided to "officially" start the motor for a short period of time (they opened the doors before ). They let Abin Mächler take place and play a bit with the peddals. I was really pleased with what i heard. If this is what i will get later on i will be a happy camper.

The front of the car looks super aggressive in person, the overall impression is great. I am really looking forward to have this baby in my garage..
Thanks for the write up (or should I say "merci viu mau)

Just when I thought I'd given up on Hockeheim Silver, and decided on LBB, you make me rethink it, because in the pictures it looks too much like white. What you wrote is a lot more what I was hoping for, but I am still not convinced it looks as good as a darker color.

Glad to hear that the sound is good on the car, even though I would never had been a deal breaker for me.

Did they say anything about the added weight?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:03 PM   #26
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daaan View Post
Hi there,

But what I didn't like on the M2C where the 788M wheels, this is just not my taste and I think they just do not look sporty for such a car. Especially because they are not concave and I like this a lot, makes the car look wider. I would definitively go for the 437 in all black, but this is just my taste
Appreciate 3
Dr.Deep1827.00
Sideshow269.00
      05-29-2018, 01:19 PM   #27
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post

Just when I thought I'd given up on Hockeheim Silver, and decided on LBB, you make me rethink it, because in the pictures it looks too much like white. What you wrote is a lot more what I was hoping for, but I am still not convinced it looks as good as a darker color.

Glad to hear that the sound is good on the car, even though I would never had been a deal breaker for me.

Welcome you are! Or should i say bitte gärn gscheh?

Yes the color is really great. It‘s not white(ish) as i was fearing, it‘s much more light gray with a little bit of metallic. The car looks super agressive and well shaped in that color, especially the front with the black accents which give a very nice contrast and sporty look.

I never had in mind buying a white/gray car but after thinking about it a lot, looking at so many pictures and also playing around with the recently found M2C configurators i realized that Hockenheim Silver is one of the biggest reasons why i like this car sooo much.

Don‘t get me wrong but in BSM (which I am cruising around with for nearly 15y now) for example, at least on the configurator, the car looks almost like any random BMW and not special anymore to me. Some of the contures of the body and practically everything from the agressiveness just disappear with BSM.

I‘ll go for Hockenheim Silver!
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00
      05-29-2018, 01:28 PM   #28
norMcal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yes the color is really great. It‘s not white(ish) as i was fearing, it‘s much more light gray with a little bit of metallic. The car looks super agressive and well shaped in that color, especially the front with the black accents which give a very nice contrast and sporty look.

I never had in mind buying a white/gray car but after thinking about it a lot, looking at so many pictures and also playing around with the recently found M2C configurators i realized that Hockenheim Silver is one of the biggest reasons why i like this car sooo much.

Don‘t get me wrong but in BSM (which I am cruising around with for nearly 15y now) for example, at least on the configurator, the car looks almost like any random BMW and not special anymore to me. Some of the contures of the body and practically everything from the agressiveness just disappear with BSM.

I‘ll go for Hockenheim Silver!

Well you got me seriously thinking about HS again. Especially since I was considering going for the Gold M Performance wheels, and I bet they would look very good on the silver. With the LBB, that I wanted to go with, they'd look too much like a WRX STI.
I agree, Black was never in contention for me and does not show the lines and contrast enough, but i still wonder how well HS shows the fender curves, compared to LBB?

I have another 1-2 weeks to think about it. (Bis den fliesst no viu Wasser d'Aare abe)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #29
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Are you leaning towards HK?
Harman Kardon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
@Daaan

Will you be getting HKS?

At the moment I am considering BSM with the black 788M wheels. I like the they way you describe the HKS. I think HKS with black 788M wheels would be a good contrast.

HKS ? wouldn't one take it to them.. rather than getting HKS ? https://www.hksusa.com/

or are you referring to HS... Hockenheim Silver
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:53 PM   #30
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:

The M seats respectively its inserts where not as bad as i was expecting. If you look at the inserts from a steep angle then yes it looks very blue. But as said, its not that bad so will be fine. The seats where automatic and i was very positively suprised about how low they go. I had the feeling that they where even a bit lower than my E46's seats, so thats a big plus. i was able to get a much better angled and lower seating position than in the M2 LCI, very nice.

Thank you BMW for hosting that superb event and thank you BMW Seeblick Garage for inviting me, it was a pleasure!
thank you for the info on the seats.. it has been difficult to determine if they are full power only or possibly manual although it appears to be the latter, since BMW hasn't tried to stop adding weight at any point..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:54 PM   #31
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
thank you for the info on the seats.. it has been difficult to determine if they are full power only or possibly manual although it appears to be the latter, since BMW hasn't tried to stop adding weight at any point..
The seats in at least one video were manual. Others had power controls.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 05:58 PM   #32
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal View Post

Yes the color is really great. It's not white(ish) as i was fearing, it's much more light gray with a little bit of metallic. The car looks super agressive and well shaped in that color, especially the front with the black accents which give a very nice contrast and sporty look.

Don't get me wrong but in BSM (which I am cruising around with for nearly 15y now) for example, at least on the configurator, the car looks almost like any random BMW and not special anymore to me. Some of the contures of the body and practically everything from the agressiveness just disappear with BSM.

I'll go for Hockenheim Silver!
Totally agree that BSM (of which I am a great fan and driving currently) hides the sexy curves of the M2.
But I don't like flashy colors, so I may end up with it. Or LBB.

Unless Insee HS in Person and love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 07:11 PM   #33
PARTS@STBMW
Rep
Drives: BMW

Thank you for sharing with us!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 07:37 PM   #34
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Thanks for the write up. Like hearing some more first hand opinion on HS.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #35
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Why would M seats go lower than the regular seats? Isn't the entire base and motor system the same? While I'm happy to hear these impressions I am sensing a bias. Do you have one on order?
      05-30-2018, 11:21 AM   #36
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Why would M seats go lower than the regular seats? Isn't the entire base and motor system the same? While I'm happy to hear these impressions I am sensing a bias. Do you have one on order?
Point that question to Daan, his review from the same event is on 1st page. He said a similar thing to OP about new seats. But he owns early M2 and doesn’t plan on buying a Competiton. So he can give you the unbiased opinion you are searching for.
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      05-30-2018, 12:52 PM   #37
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

The 18" M3/M4 wheels look great here
      05-30-2018, 03:54 PM   #38
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Thanks for sharing your in-person experience with the HS color. Very encouraging as my initial impressions based on photos weren't so good.

I still don't like the new grille at all, but it is what it is. The car probably rips, and anyone buying this machine will likely get over it quickly after a good track session.
      06-01-2018, 07:10 PM   #39
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Hi stefan

Actually the bottom part of the seats looks the same as on the standard seats.

My statement was that you can have the same low position as on the current seats, not lower. Some where concerned that it may be higher than on the current...so that is why I mentioned it in the review
And as far as I've seen, bottom part is the same and also the same system.

The "lower" was refered by ///M Houbi as follows:
... had the feeling that they where even a bit lower than my E46's seats,...

Hope this clears out the confusion

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 07:30 PM   #40
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Are you leaning towards HK?
Harman Kardon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
@Daaan

Will you be getting HKS?

At the moment I am considering BSM with the black 788M wheels. I like the they way you describe the HKS. I think HKS with black 788M wheels would be a good contrast.

HKS ? wouldn't one take it to them.. rather than getting HKS ? https://www.hksusa.com/

or are you referring to HS... Hockenheim Silver
Yes I meant HS. Sorry for the confusion
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 08:28 AM   #41
Winterstorm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (04/2019)

Quote:
You are very welcome. Happy if my infos help others a bit
Thanks Houbi.

Does the shown M2C had an Particlefilter which could have worst influence to the Sound.
Or is it not necessary in Switzerland ?
In Germany a lot of Cars in delay because DB, Audi, BMW etc did not got
the allowance from their admission offices yet. Emission regulations from the EU are shit ....
Currently 3-4 weeks delay... still no prices etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #42
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Hi

Yes the shown model had the OPF installed and i strongly assume it will be necessary in Switzerland too
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #43
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Yes the shown model had the OPF installed and i strongly assume it will be necessary in Switzerland too
Like many, I want to hear the sound of the M2 Competition when 'under load' in real life. OPF might litterary steal its thunder in the sound department. BMW already released a couple of sound clips, but no-one reported yet about having witnessed a demo of an M2 Competition doing hot laps in front of a public audience. Just a few mild pulls on static display at maximum. BMW already pointed out that the new M2 Competition M Performance exhaust (titanium) is not as loud as the current one (steel). Luckily, by keeping 6-cylinder, BMW doesn't face all the Porsche 718 4-cyl sound drama.
      06-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #44
Winterstorm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (04/2019)

Quote:
Hi

Thank's very much , Houbi.
Appreciate 0