Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hssnake View Post
Quote:
When you get a Porsche you won't care about the practicality. It's a different beast!.
While I agree that a Porsche is a completely different fell, I don't think you can can into a Porsche for $60k that has 405 Hp and 406 ft-lb of torque?
No you can't but at the same time M2C is just another car and I don't know why people have this delusion that it can't be replaced or think of it as a LaFerrari.
You can replace the M2C with a Chrysler Minivan, it doesn't mean they are comparable nor in the same class.
      09-23-2021, 09:30 PM   #332
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
When you get a Porsche you won't care about the practicality. It's a different beast!.
While I agree that a Porsche is a completely different fell, I don't think you can can into a Porsche for $60k that has 405 Hp and 406 ft-lb of torque?
No you can't but at the same time M2C is just another car and I don't know why people have this delusion that it can't be replaced or think of it as a LaFerrari.
You can replace the M2C with a Chrysler Minivan, it doesn't mean they are comparable nor in the same class.
You can also replace the M2C with a E90 M3 or a E46 M3 (used of course) and get a better visceral experience.

At the end of the day all these M cars are replaceable. Let's be realistic.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 05:53 PM   #333
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I dont get why people compare 2 seat impractical cars expensive cars to 4 seat 60k coupes... i just don't... throw a Lincoln Navigator in there while you're at it.
We're all car enthusiasts. Replacing one car for another does not have to make sense. Especially with this market, if you can get out of your current car with a few more bucks in your wallet, why not.

In fact, I'm preparing to replace my M2C with a Lexus LC500 convertible (or maybe a 911, but so far the LC500 is wining out). Talk about really getting something that is apples and oranges. But alas, we're nuts like that, ok maybe just me…
      09-24-2021, 09:25 PM   #334
scoale
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 /M2C/540

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 BMW 540  [0.00]
2013 Porsche Boxster S  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
CM offered $60k for 2021 w/ 4,900 miles
Appreciate 1
Bumpinjeep5356.00
      09-26-2021, 09:12 AM   #335
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
You can also replace the M2C with a E90 M3 or a E46 M3 (used of course) and get a better visceral experience.

Again, saying a car is replaceable can be said for any car if you are replacing for a different class, price point or usage factor... this can be said for a 911 GT3 Rs all day as well.

However saying something like an M2 is replaceable because there are many alternatives to a 2 door GT coupe in this price point is a straight up lie... and is just feeding you inner ego to prove a non real point.

The only direct competitors that existed to the M2 were the RS3 and the CLA45 AMG and frankly there was no one from here running to either one of those... and if you're taking about replacing with an older car... same story applies to any point above.

Last edited by ASAP; 09-26-2021 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
      09-26-2021, 12:05 PM   #336
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Again, saying a car is replaceable can be said for any car if you are replacing for a different class, price point or usage factor... this can be said for a 911 GT3 Rs all day as well.

However saying something like an M2 is replaceable because there are many alternatives to a 2 door GT coupe in this price point is a straight up lie... and is just feeding you inner ego to prove a non real point.

The only direct competitors that existed to the M2 were the RS3 and the CLA45 AMG and frankly there was no one from here running to either one of those... and if you're taking about replacing with an older car... same story applies to any point above.
You can replace it with a Supra or Z4 in the price point…. Like I said all cars are replaceable. You are not driving a LaFerrari, wake up dude!!
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 12:54 PM   #337
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can replace it with a Supra or Z4 in the price point…. Like I said all cars are replaceable. You are not driving a LaFerrari, wake up dude!!
Again... you're making the examples easier and easier...

A supra is a 2 seater w 0 trunk space... a z4 is a convertible, they are not replacements for anyone that needs a 4 seater w some usable space.

As far as the LaFerrari lol... guess you're not aware of the holy trinity all of which are direct competitors to each other.

Better yet, the new SF90 is literally 90% of the LaF for a fraction of the price... it seems many former LaF owners have picked up on this...
      09-27-2021, 06:08 AM   #338
BmwM2CLBB
Rep
Drives: BMW m2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
Was this yours?
Holy smokes, that mark up. $67k lmao

https://www.carmax.com/car/21279619
That’s the one! Holy markup for sure. I think I paid 58,5 two years ago. We’re coming up on winter too so it was about to be garaged for another 6 months. It was a fun car but honestly our Q5e isn’t that much slower but is a lot more versatile. If we had better roads I would’ve enjoyed it more. Straight line on-ramp acceleration is about all I had with it.

Might look at the x3 m40i or m when the q5 lease is up! See ya!
Appreciate 1
MystroX56243.00
      10-02-2021, 12:53 PM   #339
MCarMayhem
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwM2CLBB View Post
That’s the one! Holy markup for sure. I think I paid 58,5 two years ago. We’re coming up on winter too so it was about to be garaged for another 6 months. It was a fun car but honestly our Q5e isn’t that much slower but is a lot more versatile. If we had better roads I would’ve enjoyed it more. Straight line on-ramp acceleration is about all I had with it.

Might look at the x3 m40i or m when the q5 lease is up! See ya!
The lowest mileage M2C currently for sale is like 1,200ish I think and they are asking $74k
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2021, 09:11 PM   #340
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:

Not so sure about this. You're correct, the M2C is not a limited car (although I genuinely think prices will hold better than a lot of newer M models), I really do think M knocked it out of the park with this one, and not sure it'll be replicated again. As far as I'm concerned, the F87C is the only F generation car worth buying.

The F87C feels more playful (which is what I personally associate with visceral) than even some E generation cars, and I own a bunch of them. While yes, there are some cars that on paper you could replace the F87C with, I think you'll compromise in some areas, and gain in others.

This is why I personally think the F87 will be held in high regards even when the G87 comes out (lighter, more compact, doesn't take itself too serious --> think new M3/4, ect...)
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 4
BigKutta3870.50
smknjoe234.00
Bumpinjeep5356.00
      12-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #341
///MPIRE
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tundra/2018 BMW M2

Was just at a bmw dealership considering trading my M2 for a family vehicle, a 22X3. Received a terrible quote from the dealer of 43k for my 18’ M2. Vehicle is in excellent condition with 22xxx miles. Has Mpe, expel, tint, and all CF upgrades from the dealer. I felt disrespected based on the offer and 2 hour wait, all for a low ball appraisal. Only thing that I was told was the my vehicle didnt have run flats as a contributing factor to the appraisal.

Anyone else receive a quote in that ballpark recently. How did you get a better quote if not? I am seeing 18’ M2’s in okay condition with more miles and less upgrades sold for more than my appraisal from dealers outside of bmw. Example would be vroom or toyota dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 08:12 AM   #342
swampfox94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 F87 - M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPIRE View Post
Was just at a bmw dealership considering trading my M2 for a family vehicle, a 22X3. Received a terrible quote from the dealer of 43k for my 18’ M2. Vehicle is in excellent condition with 22xxx miles. Has Mpe, expel, tint, and all CF upgrades from the dealer. I felt disrespected based on the offer and 2 hour wait, all for a low ball appraisal. Only thing that I was told was the my vehicle didnt have run flats as a contributing factor to the appraisal.

Anyone else receive a quote in that ballpark recently. How did you get a better quote if not? I am seeing 18’ M2’s in okay condition with more miles and less upgrades sold for more than my appraisal from dealers outside of bmw. Example would be vroom or toyota dealerships.
Are run flats worth like $7000? Lol. Typical stealership activities
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #343
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

Besides the ridiculousness of the reason, the M2 never came with RFT, while most other BMWs do. Anyway, the only explanation is that they sense you really want and X3 and given supply constraints, they know if you really want one, you'll not let the deal slip. I would just go ahead and buy the X3 and sell your M2 on your own (if the benefit makes sense)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 08:18 AM   #344
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:

I am very confused here... no M car in the history of real M cars has ever received runflats from the factory... I would be very scared to deal with this dealer lol.
      12-19-2021, 08:37 AM   #345
///MPIRE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am very confused here... no M car in the history of real M cars has ever received runflats from the factory... I would be very scared to deal with this dealer lol.
Exactly, usually sold with Michelin ps, no? The only excuse they gave me was the tires. I didnt bother to ask what else due to time constraints. The sales rep said prior to the appraisal that they gave fair value too. Ironic, really. I told them my bank, kbb, and other vendors had sold or valued the vhicle higher. All in all they didnt seem to want to move on the appraisal value.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 08:44 AM   #346
///MPIRE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Besides the ridiculousness of the reason, the M2 never came with RFT, while most other BMWs do. Anyway, the only explanation is that they sense you really want and X3 and given supply constraints, they know if you really want one, you'll not let the deal slip. I would just go ahead and buy the X3 and sell your M2 on your own (if the benefit makes sense)
Is it even worth pricing out at other dealerships? Received same crap offer from vroom and carvana.

I would consider doing private sale, would just need to research on it.

They kept mentioning the tax savings too on the trade in, as if it was some huge amount. Anyone who is anyone knows that taxes on other income are not horrendous depending on the figure.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 08:53 AM   #347
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Is it even worth pricing out at other dealerships? Received same crap offer from vroom and carvana.

They kept mentioning the tax savings too on the trade in, as if it was some huge amount. Anyone who is anyone knows that taxes on other income are not horrendous depending on the figure.
Interesting, I have a 2020 M2C and just got $59.5k offer from Vroom...
      12-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #348
///MPIRE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampfox94 View Post
Are run flats worth like $7000? Lol. Typical stealership activities
Agreed. Im sure there is some tho that have given in to this idea tho.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 09:17 AM   #349
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm not sure what the current fair value of an '18 M2 with 22k miles is, but you're gonna have to do some research on this. Go to Carmax, Carvana and see what kind of offers you get. If they are the same as the crappy ones you are getting, then maybe the party is over? Yeah, and it never hurts to go to another dealer to shop around. dealers know there is no supply so they will try to maximize profits on the few cars they have. They dont mind waiting for the next buyer.

I was getting my car serviced on Friday and they have a massive multi story showroom. Only 1 new BMW was on the floor. All used
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #350
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Dealers will always offer less because they're reselling the car. Why wouldn't they lowball? The more they pay the less they'll make off the resale. If you want top dollar, you gotta sell private.

Dealers are just a convenience for getting a quick sale, the tradeoff will be a lower price.
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 10:10 PM   #351
chrisk03
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
...I would consider doing private sale, would just need to research on it.

In some States, you can still get the tax savings, even if doing a private sale...just need to buy a replacement within a certain timeframe, say 30-60 days, and apply as if traded in.
      12-22-2021, 05:37 PM   #352
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting, I have a 2020 M2C and just got $59.5k offer from Vroom...
Have to include miles or it doesn't really mean anything.

I have a '21 with 24,600 miles. Was offered $57,500 at a dealer. Decided to go with private party sale and see how much I can get.