BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > She’s arrived!

02-10-2019, 05:00 AM   #1
Benjoepen
Rep
Drives: M140i VO

She’s arrived!

So I had a sort of interesting route to purchasing my M2C which I thought i’d share.

Back in September my dad had dinged his X5 and had taken it in to his local BMW dealer in Barnstaple. While he was in the showroom he was chatting to one of their sales guys and and got talking cars and mentioned that I had just finished working on a new racing game. It turned out the sales guy was a pretty big fan of the previous titles and was currently a few hours deep into our demo ahead of the game releasing.

So the next thing I know I’ve got said sales guy, Ben, on the phone talking cars and video games. It’s always lovely when you meet someone that’s enjoying something you worked on for so long! And while there was undoubtedly some sales patter, I could tell from the detail he was going into he really was a fan!

I had always mused over the idea of buying an M2 after that project had finished but it was always a bit of a pipe dream. I’d definitely argued myself out of it by this point. Circumstance seemed to be making a pretty good argument for putting my money down though. And if I was going to, it was definitely going to be with Ben!

A few weeks later I was in Devon visiting my family and decided it would be rude not to pop in and say hi right!? Maybe with a signed copy of Horizon 4 for good measure...

Short cut a few months later and I recently received the below video from Ben saying it has arrived! I’m currently exercising the most patience of my life until next Saturday when I’ll take the trip from the midlands to Devon to pick it up. A good journey for the first day for sure! If anyone has ever driven the A39 between Porlock and Lynton you’ll know what I mean. More than a few car reviews/adverts have been filmed down there I’ve heard.

So until next week!

https://video.citnow.com/vsQkhnfQz3F

Last edited by Benjoepen; 02-10-2019 at 10:49 AM..
Appreciate 2
///M Houbi1653.00
cptobvious2531.50
      02-10-2019, 05:38 AM   #2
nik5ta
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, HS 6MT (soon!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjoepen View Post
So I had an of interesting route to purchasing my M2C which I thought i'd share.

Back in September my dad had dinged his X5 and had taken it in to his local BMW dealer in Barnstaple. While he was in the showroom he was chatting to one of their sales guys and and got talking cars and mentioned that I had just finished working on a new racing game. It turned out the sales guy was a pretty big fan of the previous titles and was currently a few hours deep into our demo ahead of the game releasing.

So the next thing I know I've got said sales guy, Ben, on the phone talking cars and video games. It's always lovely when you meet someone that's enjoying something you worked on for so long! And while there was undoubtedly some sales patter, I could tell from the detail he was going into he really was a fan!

I had always mused over the idea of buying an M2 after that project had finished but it was always a bit of a pipe dream. I'd definitely argued myself out of it by this point. Circumstance seemed to be making a pretty good argument for putting my money down though. And if I was going to, it was definitely going to be with Ben!

A few weeks later I was in Devon visiting my family and decided it would be rude not to pop in and say hi right!? Maybe with a signed copy of Horizon 4 for good measure...

Short cut a few months later and I recently received the below video from Ben saying it has arrived! I'm currently exercising the most patience of my life until next Saturday when I'll take the trip from the midlands to Devon to pick it up. A good journey for the first day for sure! If anyone has ever driven the A39 between Porlock and Lynton you'll know what I mean. More than a few car reviews/adverts have been filmed down there I've heard.

So until next week!

Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
Cornally
Rep
Drives: '18 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik5ta View Post
Quote:
So I had an of interesting route to purchasing my M2C which I thought i'd share.

So the next thing I know I've got said sales guy, Ben, on the phone talking cars and video games. It's always lovely when you meet someone that's enjoying something you worked on for so long! And while there was undoubtedly some sales patter, I could tell from the detail he was going into he really was a fan!

I had always mused over the idea of buying an M2 after that project had finished but it was always a bit of a pipe dream. I'd definitely argued myself out of it by this point. Circumstance seemed to be making a pretty good argument for putting my money down though. And if I was going to, it was definitely going to be with Ben!

Short cut a few months later and I recently received the below video from Ben saying it has arrived! I'm currently exercising the most patience of my life until next Saturday when I'll take the trip from the midlands to Devon to pick it up. A good journey for the first day for sure! If anyone has ever driven the A39 between Porlock and Lynton you'll know what I mean. More than a few car reviews/adverts have been filmed down there I've heard.

So until next week!

Congrats!!!
Congrats!

Huuuuuuge fan of FH4 here! Like, "purchased a new wheel and widescreen monitor" solely for the game level fan.

I'm waiting for the M2 Comp DLC
Appreciate 1
EthanEJC196.50
      02-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #4
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Congrats
I share your excitement as mine arrived at the dealer last week. No nice video for me though
      02-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 10:37 AM   #6
detroitm2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
I don't know what it is, but I love listening to British folks talking about cars..

Congrats on your new ride!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 10:52 AM   #7
Benjoepen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornally View Post
Congrats!

Huuuuuuge fan of FH4 here! Like, "purchased a new wheel and widescreen monitor" solely for the game level fan.

Great to hear! We were really proud of that game. I’m still doing my best twisting arms about car DLC!
Appreciate 1
EthanEJC196.50
      02-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #8
Benjoepen
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
I don't know what it is, but I love listening to British folks talking about cars..

Congrats on your new ride!
He has got a lovely style about him. The YouTube channel is only a matter of time.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 01:57 PM   #9
EthanEJC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornally View Post
Congrats!

Great to hear! We were really proud of that game. I'm still doing my best twisting arms about car DLC!

We definitely need a the M2C in the game, hopefully with the M performance parts! 👀

Congratulations on the car btw!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 08:37 PM   #10
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0