BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > VINs for BMW M2 Competition reveal US specs, equipment, options, packages, prod date

09-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #265
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
FWIW:
  • BMW F87 EOP (end of production) = 2020; but please note that also the "M2 Competition" = F87;
  • in a May 2017 interview BMW M CEO Frank Van Meel confirmed: "There is so much demand worldwide for the M2, we need to bring up production volumes." (source: here).

Attachment 1697449
Urrghh. What happened to you ??
You used to have all the answers.
He's a corporate man... (sung like classic man)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 11:31 PM   #266
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japper69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
I did on the Autobahn today Wonderful, but those brakes.... those brakes

MR
Why so much complaining on the brakes of late?. Never seen that many complaints from M4 owners and same brakes but on lighter less powerful car should be up to the job....no?
OMG! The answer indeed is NO. M2 OEM brake pads are not M car worthy. Calipers are fine.

Now :
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 12:33 AM   #267
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
So the CSL rumor came from that -Gast- guy. Anyone verified his track record? I looked through his posts and he also repeats the N55 emission rumor. I've yet to see any evidence for it. First off all, no new emission regulations comes in effect any time soon and N55 is Euro 6 compliant.
I believe to remember to have noticed that the original name was changed later to generic -Gast-. The F87CS screenshot has apparently also vanished in the meantime.
      09-30-2017, 12:39 AM   #268
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
He's a corporate man... (sung like classic man)
You must be referring to BMW M CEO boss Frank Van Meel.

I am 100% unrelated to BMW / BMW M or even the automotive industry.

I'm just an enthusiast who happens to buy their cars.
      09-30-2017, 04:31 AM   #269
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
I am so happy we can at least discuss M cars like the upcoming M2 CS/Competition here... That is what it is all about... I met another old employee of BMW two days ago in Munich and again a person full of passion for the brand left, because management does not give a sh*t about people with ambition and a passion for the brand. Their passion is a cooperate calculator, not driving cars. The German brands are really suffering from it, left, right and center.

The stories he told me and I am not going to share here because it would reveal who he is, but it made me sad as a supporter of the brand. Where is the time, that we had people in management positions that not only cared about their personal wallets and calculators, but also about the fact that the brakes on your car should be decent.

I absolutely adore the M2 and enjoyed it a lot on the autobahn the past few two days, but I am so fueled with disbelieve why a brand like BMW is capable of making decisions hardly based on supporting the passion of driving, while their slogan suggests it. The way decisions are being made within BMW is a bit of disgrace for us as the community and people with a passion for motoring. A passionate person cannot always fit his or her idea on a one-pager, Mr. Kruger... Such a pity...

At least we have aftermarket to fulfill our requirements, but this should not be the case. Now let's have this M2 CS or Competition or whatever this thing is called arrive, because this is the M2 as it should have been from the beginning. If the marketing department calls that thing M2 Competition, they named it wrong of course, but I can see why they did it because it would interfere with the M3 CS arriving as well around the time next year. Just a marketing decision driven by a calculator, because else "the normal customer" would not understand it.

Now let's continue this talk about the "M2 Whatever it is called", and see what people's specs are... What are you going for?

I will take my M2 spec plus DAB and...

- Add M Sport Brakes (option code 2NH)
- Add M Sport seats (option code 712)
- Choose 788M 19 inch wheels (option code 2QT)
- Choose Color Hockenheim Silver Metallic (option paint code C33)
- Choose Interior perforated leather + orange contrast stitching (option code MDOE)
- Choose Interior / exterior trim (option code 4MC + option code 7M9)
- Add Park Distance Control front and rear (option code 508)

MR

Last edited by MR.; 09-30-2017 at 04:45 AM..
Appreciate 4
SeanWRT3179.00
Nkc1602.50
filet.M2c784.00
bollinm25.00
      09-30-2017, 05:00 AM   #270
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
I am so happy we can at least discuss M cars like the upcoming M2 CS/Competition here... That is what it is all about... I met another old employee of BMW two days ago in Munich and again a person full of passion for the brand left, because management does not give a sh*t about people with ambition and a passion for the brand. Their passion is a cooperate calculator, not driving cars. The German brands are really suffering from it, left, right and center.

The stories he told me and I am not going to share here because it would reveal who he is, but it made me sad as a supporter of the brand. Where is the time, that we had people in management positions that not only cared about their personal wallets and calculators, but also about the fact that the brakes on your car should be decent.

I absolutely adore the M2 and enjoyed it a lot on the autobahn the past few two days, but I am so fueled with disbelieve why a brand like BMW is capable of making decisions hardly based on supporting the passion of driving, while their slogan suggests it. The way decisions are being made within BMW is a bit of disgrace for us as the community and people with a passion for motoring. A passionate person cannot always fit his or her idea on a one-pager, Mr. Kruger... Such a pity...

At least we have aftermarket to fulfill our requirements, but this should not be the case. Now let's have this M2 CS or Competition or whatever this thing is called arrive, because this is the M2 as it should have been from the beginning. If the marketing department calls that thing M2 Competition, they named it wrong of course, but I can see why they did it because it would interfere with the M3 CS arriving as well around the time next year. Just a marketing decision driven by a calculator, because else "the normal customer" would not understand it.

Now let's continue this talk about the "M2 Whatever it is called", and see what people's specs are... What are you going for?

- Choose Interior perforated leather + orange contrast stitching (option code MDOE)

MR
Yes it feels that way with their end product now. The constant name changes on the M2 CS/Competition scenario would never have happened if the executive team is comprised of car enthusiast people or if they are decisive managers. It kinds of show that they don't know where they are heading with the M heritage that they had inherited.

Too calculative and nothing gets done because the environment is always changing. I don't know who they have in mind as a competitor of the M2 CS/Competition now.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 06:15 AM   #271
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Pretty much the same as yourself:

Hockenheim Silber Metallic - paint code C33
MDB2 = perforated black leather + blue contrast stitching (Led.dak.des.perf.schwarz/blau)
M-DCT = optional (option code 2MK)
788M 19" forged lightweight wheels = optional (code 2QT)
Optional carbon fibre trim interior trim finishers Code 4MC ??????? - Optional? Was standard on M2 LCI/Non-LCI
High Gloss Shadow Line optional (option code 7M9) - Optional?
M Sport Brakes = optional (option code 2NH)
M Sports Seat = optional (option code 712)
M Seat Belts (black with ///M stripes) = stock (code 4GQ)
M Driver's Package = optional (option code 7ME)

Last edited by as7920; 09-30-2017 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 07:35 AM   #272
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Yes... check the dates of the thread link posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 08:25 AM   #273
importriders
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

I'm curious to know where/how the rumor started that there would be both a comp AND a CS coming out. It doesn't make much sense in my opinion for BMW to come out with a CS if you can spec out a comp like a CS.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 09:17 AM   #274
Danne_485
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2015 AY

Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
I'm curious to know where/how the rumor started that there would be both a comp AND a CS coming out. It doesn't make much sense in my opinion for BMW to come out with a CS if you can spec out a comp like a CS.
Look at the M4 and then rethink what you just said....
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2017, 10:27 AM   #275
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
First of all, Comp doesn't equal Competition Package. It's a model name, rather then an option. Second of all, M2 CS = M2 Competition.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 02:04 PM   #276
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

The BMW M2 CS is most likely my last BMW I will buy. Hopefully the bean counters at BMW are seeing these posts.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #277
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
The BMW M2 CS is most likely my last BMW I will buy. Hopefully the bean counters at BMW are seeing these posts.
Ha! The bean counters care only that the beans sprout and grow vines...if the fruit tastes like shit it's not their problem as it's already been sold!
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2017, 03:20 PM   #278
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep

Will the Production volume still be 1000 cars?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:36 PM   #279
importriders
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danne_485 View Post
Look at the M4 and then rethink what you just said....
Not the same. The M4 doesn't really have a higher end competitor within BMW. The M2 does, its called an M4. An M2 CS would be stealing huge sales from big bro and would probably cost a tad bit/possibly less than a base M4 but completely obliterate it performance wise. It's a very fine line BMW will have to play if they have a Comp AND a CS come out. Where will the CS fall in the M2/M4 bracket???

How do people suggesting that both will be out at the same time not see the dilemma in this???? If I were to guess it would have to be priced above a base M4 since it'll be better equipped and much better. But how far above? Others are saying ANY M2 should not cost more than a base M4 a la Porsche Cayman GT4/911 base pricing.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 03:50 PM   #280
importriders
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga View Post
First of all, Comp doesn't equal Competition Package. It's a model name, rather then an option. Second of all, M2 CS = M2 Competition.
Never once did I say comp = Competition package. The CS aka Competition that people were originally talking about way back in 2016 is supposedly going to be the new base in 2019. It's recently just being called the Competition (This thread) apparently from some meeting where they dropped the CS name. I'm calling it the Comp, short for Competition because that is what it is, thought it was obvious enough what I was doing here.

Now the CS is a completely different but related rumor (that just started in the past few days) on top of the Comp/base rumor. Some are suggesting that the comp/new base and CS will both come out in 2019.

That's my understanding of the situation so far, correct me if I'm wrong...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 04:37 PM   #281
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
MR
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Pretty much the same as yourself:
Hockenheim Silber Metallic - paint code C33
MDB2 = perforated black leather + blue contrast stitching (Led.dak.des.perf.schwarz/blau)
M-DCT = optional (option code 2MK)
788M 19" forged lightweight wheels = optional (code 2QT)
Optional carbon fibre trim interior trim finishers Code 4MC ??????? - Optional? Was standard on M2 LCI/Non-LCI
High Gloss Shadow Line optional (option code 7M9) - Optional?
M Sport Brakes = optional (option code 2NH)
M Sports Seat = optional (option code 712)
M Seat Belts (black with ///M stripes) = stock (code 4GQ)
M Driver's Package = optional (option code 7ME)
The devil is in the details.

09-30-2017, 04:44 PM   #282
AESZ4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japper69 View Post
Quote:
I did on the Autobahn today Wonderful, but those brakes.... those brakes

MR
Why so much complaining on the brakes of late?. Never seen that many complaints from M4 owners and same brakes but on lighter less powerful car should be up to the job....no?
OMG! The answer indeed is NO. M2 OEM brake pads are not M car worthy. Calipers are fine.

Now :
are the pads not the same as on the M3/M4?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #283
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AESZ4 View Post
Nope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robban View Post
Not on the M2 Competition, it will be on the M2 CSL which supposedly should arrive in late 2019...

Quote:
The M2 CS is dead, say hi to the M2 Competition #samethingdifferentname

MR
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #284
AESZ4
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.
Quote:
Nope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robban View Post
Not on the M2 CS / Competition, it will be on the M2 CSL which supposedly should arrive in late 2019...

MR
so you can pop M4 pads into the M2 Calipers
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 04:58 PM   #285
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
so you can pop M4 pads into the M2 Calipers
You could yes, but you can also put much better pads in it as well... I can lower it, switch the brake lines and brake fluid, etc. That is not the point here...

In my opinion decent pads should already be on a car of this value. It should not even be a question, nor should I question the quality of brake pads on a M car and even consider swapping them in the first place if I do not go on a race track every weekend.

MR
Appreciate 2
JustChris17549.00
      09-30-2017, 05:06 PM   #286
SickFinga
Captain
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:

Quote:
Never once did I say comp = Competition package. The CS aka Competition that people were originally talking about way back in 2016 is supposedly going to be the new base in 2019. It's recently just being called the Competition (This thread) apparently from some meeting where they dropped the CS name. I'm calling it the Comp, short for Competition because that is what it is, thought it was obvious enough what I was doing here.

Now the CS is a completely different but related rumor (that just started in the past few days) on top of the Comp/base rumor. Some are suggesting that the comp/new base and CS will both come out in 2019.

Both of your posts are confusing as hell. Lets break them down

Quote:
I'm curious to know where/how the rumor started that there would be both a comp AND a CS coming out.
M2 Competition is that same thing as M2 CS

Quote:
It doesn't make much sense in my opinion for BMW to come out with a CS if you can spec out a comp like a CS.
This sentence what made me think that you were confusing M2 Competition with competition pack, because I have no idea where you got the idea that you would be able to spec something like a CS

Quote:
The CS aka Competition that people were originally talking about way back in 2016 is supposedly going to be the new base in 2019.
See, here you say CS aka Competition, which is correct.

Quote:

And now you are saying that CS is a completely different rumor. Are you talking about the CSL?

Here what ynguldyn posted about the F87 so far

M2 CS model name leaks
M2 CS name now replaced by M2 Competition
M2 EOP is listed as 06/2018

Someone at 2ertalk posted the following

M2 Competition SOP is 3/2018 (backed by a screenshot)
M2 CSL is coming as well in 2019
Appreciate 0