BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What Floor Liner To Get?

02-13-2020, 07:35 AM   #1
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

What Floor Liner To Get?

I don't need All-Weather floor liners (way too thick and bulky + I don't drive my car in Winter weather) but I'd like to keep my floormats clean.

In my last car I had the thin clear plastic floor liners to place on top of the factory floormats but couldn't stand that "plastic smell" that it came with.

Anyone using floor liners that they can recommend?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #2
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep

lmao NO ONE is using floor liners? Am I the only OCD one here.....
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #3
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

why would you bother with plastic mats on top of the factory floormats? Seems like it would look and feel and sound terrible. If the factory mat wears out (with no winter use, that'll take years and years) just throw it away and buy more.
Appreciate 1
Kankles1484.50
      02-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

I plan on doing what I did with my other cars, keep the factory set for winter / dirty months, and then when I want nice clean ones, simply buy new OEM ones (and keep em in the trunk), and just swap em out. Easy peasy.

IND sells a set of embroidered mats that look good, if you want some extra bling. https://ind-distribution.com/product...-floor-mat-set
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2020, 10:27 AM   #5
Cycle Pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Sorry. Can't resist. Do you keep the blue transport plastic on all of the trim pieces, too?

Last edited by Cycle Pilot; 02-14-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 7
nioh_lbbm21716.50
jkoral1020.50
Kankles1484.50
cptobvious2531.50
BlkSVT388.50
Davil6469.00
      02-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #6
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
I use Weathertech. Doesn't snow here nor do I walk in mud, I just like having more protection. Less dirt on the actual carpet and most of it I can take out the mat and shake it out.
Appreciate 1
MMMBRAP975.50
      02-14-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Anthony1s
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Mineral Grey M2

Getting the floor mats dirty isn't the problem for me. I can remove them easily and give them a deep clean, buy new ones if they get too bad, or use separate mats for the bad seasons.

In my old car, my gas foot's heel almost wore a hole through the OEM mats after years of use too. There are aftermarket skid pads you can find to help prevent this.

The problem I had with my previous car was getting road salt stuck in the actual carpet. I had rubber winter mats, but they didn't cover high enough on the carpet. I supposed I could've tried renting a steam cleaner, but I never went that far.

On my M2, I'm using weathertech plastic liners, They cover pretty high up into the carpet, so we'll see how much salt gets all over in time. I'm certainly not careful when using my car.

I also have a set of woven vinyl cocomats that I used all spring/summer/fall last year. But will be switching back to OEM this year just to change it up a little.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 09:52 AM   #8
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulpe View Post
I use Weathertech. Doesn't snow here nor do I walk in mud, I just like having more protection. Less dirt on the actual carpet and most of it I can take out the mat and shake it out.
This is the correct answer lol.

I don't like getting my carpets dirty. Same reason I don't walk inside my house with shoes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycle Pilot View Post
Sorry. Can't resist. Do you keep the blue transport plastic on all of the trim pieces, too?

lol that's a stretch. How many people are walking or standing on their sofa's with their dirty shoes on?

Matt Moreman from Obsessed Garage would totally understand me lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 02:37 PM   #9
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
I don't need All-Weather floor liners (way too thick and bulky + I don't drive my car in Winter weather) but I'd like to keep my floormats clean.

In my last car I had the thin clear plastic floor liners to place on top of the factory floormats but couldn't stand that "plastic smell" that it came with.

Anyone using floor liners that they can recommend?
I've got three sets of mats

Stock, BMW All-Weather and BMW M Performance

I immediately replaced the stock mats with the All-Weather Mats for a little more protection and to preserve the factory mats

However, I found the All-Weather Mats to be too slippery (especially for spirited driving)

I'm now using the M Performance Mats

So far, I like the way the function with one exception

They look great when new, but quickly start showing marks which become very difficult to remove

Based on your preferences, I would probably suggest just getting another set of factory mats when the time comes or if you want something fancier or different look into aftermarket offerings from places such as IND, CocoMats or whatever appeals to you
Appreciate 1
MMMBRAP975.50
      02-19-2020, 02:40 PM   #10
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
This is the correct answer lol.

I don't like getting my carpets dirty. Same reason I don't walk inside my house with shoes on.
Didn't read this before my reply

In this case, you're best off with All-Weather and/or WeatherTech type mats
Appreciate 1
MMMBRAP975.50