BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Instrument cluster questions?

02-16-2020, 11:56 PM   #45
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
I thought the BMC's were oiled as well?

From TMS:

"Looking to upgrade your air filter for increased flow and performance? BMC filter allow significantly higher air flow and are perfectly molded in one piece to fit exactly the same as your stock air filter. These filters are constructed from multi-layerd cotton gauze that is pre-oiled and can be cleaned and regenerated using the BMC regeneration kit."
Yeah, BMCs are oiled as well. AFE makes dry filters for anyone looking for an aftermarket dry filter option for their intake filters.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:21 AM   #46
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
The most underappreciated feature offered by BMW. I wish my Audi and Merc had this. Here is my programming:

1. Phone Book search
2. Wife number
3. Kid number
4. Kid number
5. Bluetooth audio
6. Audio Presets
7. Tire Pressure Display
8. Performance Display (HP, Torque)
My car is refusing to save the Performance Display? It will save the Tire pressure and even the map any suggestions? Am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:29 AM   #47
CTSean
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LCI BSM MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
My car is refusing to save the Performance Display? It will save the Tire pressure and even the map any suggestions? Am I missing something?
the performance display also has to be saved to a favorite from the screen prior to actually displaying the HP and torque. If you try and set the favorite while HP and torque are displaying, you'll get an error.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 06:33 AM   #48
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
the performance display also has to be saved to a favorite from the screen prior to actually displaying the HP and torque. If you try and set the favorite while HP and torque are displaying, you'll get an error.
Copy all, that is exactly what is happening to me. thank you. Will try what you said.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #49
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
This^^
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #50
Sarg33
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Worked as stated. Thank you very much.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:44 AM   #51
kpham
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i & LBB 6MT M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizza240 View Post
Yes and yes. The voice recognition in the M2C is really good! Works similar to Audi.
After pressing the button on the wheel, "go home", "home address", and "take me home" all work for me.
The other common command I use is "cancel route" when I'm close enough to find my way home.
Is there a listing of voice commands for the M2C?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 07:56 AM   #52
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I was in a similar boat, had seen a couple M2C's in person, but never drove one until I flew up to the dealer to sign lol.

The mpg gauge is dumb, change it for your steering and the "chassis" settings. The sport cluster is cool, but not very accurate. It's a cool show off trick. Sadly no boost gauge.

Some first things I would suggest:
BMS Clutch Stop - helps with the clutch throw if you're 6MT
BMC High Flow Filters - Remove the factory air filters and the factory carbon filters, and you can ACTUALLY hear the turbos spooling. It's fun, and should net some extra power.
ASD Bypass Harness - ASD (active sound design) pumps fake engine noises into the cabin. On Sport+ it is loud inside. If you like the noise, then ignore this. Otherwise, get the harness and enjoy hearing the REAL engine noise.
Unplug Center Speaker - The factory sound system is honestly very bad, but unplugging the speaker behind the iDrive screen helps a TON.
Supplemental Door Seals - This helps cut down on some tire and road noise, and quiets down the cabin more. Coupled with the ASD bypass and unplugging the center speaker, the cabin is transformed.
Any more details on the door sealing mod?
Interested to see how people are doing it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 08:07 AM   #53
Conissah
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikitjK View Post
Yep, it's just the door seals from the base 2 series. The M2, for whatever reason, does not get these seals. They are foam, and simply fit between the edge of the fender, and the "chassis" of the car. Super easy to install, 5 minutes per side roughly. Dunno why they're called door seals, since they seal the fender to the car.

Original thread

Install thread on 2 addicts

Other thread w/ part numbers
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 10:05 AM   #54
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

A bit OT, but also, NEVER wipe the instrument cluster with any sort of fabric/towel. It will be scratched.

Use canned air to blow any dust off.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 11:54 AM   #55
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpham View Post
Is there a listing of voice commands for the M2C?
The M2 uses Dragon software for natural voice recognition. It's quite good interpreting what you say... Most of the time I can say "Go to <any street address>" or "go to <restaurant name>" and it usually finds it or gives me a choice and sets the nav destination. "Play <song name or artist>" and it will play it on my iPod. "Display <iDrive menu name> takes you to that. I'm not sure what all it can control.

The challenge in the M2 is the background noise can confuse it. It understands me better in my M550i
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2020, 06:52 PM   #56
saikitjK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by saikitjK View Post
Yep, it's just the door seals from the base 2 series. The M2, for whatever reason, does not get these seals. They are foam, and simply fit between the edge of the fender, and the "chassis" of the car. Super easy to install, 5 minutes per side roughly. Dunno why they're called door seals, since they seal the fender to the car.

Original thread

Install thread on 2 addicts

Other thread w/ part numbers
Thank you for such a detailed reply
Appreciate 0