BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Bilstein B16 PSS 10

01-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #23
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

And backordered til March now. Bilstein service sucks. Keeps delaying by 3 months. Going to cancel the order.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 12:28 AM   #24
Shih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Go for it. I just had mine installed yesterday. Setting at 5 both from and back feeling softer than stock but much more planted.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 09:35 AM   #25
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
No - I have installed oem -30min camber correction hubs so running -2deg upfront
Camber correction hubs?

More info please.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #26
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by look585 View Post
Camber correction hubs?

More info please.
Heres my original post on them

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ght=correction
      02-16-2019, 02:12 PM   #27
Yellowflash21
First Lieutenant
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: M2

Hi folks,

I'm strongly considering this kit, but I would like to hear your honest opinion how this kit work on softest settings on the street compared to stock suspension.

Is it more comfortable and planted over not so perfect roads?
Appreciate 1
FIDDIE12.00
      02-18-2019, 07:55 AM   #28
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Just got them installed on Thursday. Should have been my first mod to the M2. Absolutely amazing.

Body roll: 0.
Ride comfort at 5 clicks all around: Much much better than stock.
Rub: 0, and I have 265's in the front and 285's in the rear.
Handling: Out of this world.

Hopefully how happy I am to have gotten them shows through text.
Karlosm2c290.50
JTO245246.50
widetyres279.00
      02-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #29
Mosely
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 | '20 X5 | '07 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 963mw View Post
Just got them installed on Thursday. Should have been my first mod to the M2. Absolutely amazing.

Where did you find these in stock? Still waiting for mine to be shipped (coming up on >6 months)

Appreciate 0
      02-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #30
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosely View Post
Quote:

Where did you find these in stock? Still waiting for mine to be shipped (coming up on >6 months)
My friend is a dealer in Lebanon.
      02-19-2019, 03:00 PM   #31
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:

I'm considering some B16's myself, but I want to experience the stock handling for some time before I make the change. That way I'll appreciate better all the money I spend on the upgrade 😁

One question though - what's the process for adjusting the clicks at each corner? Do you have to jack up each corner, take the wheel off and make the adjustment or is it easier than that?

Cheers in advance!

Karl
      02-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #32
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:

I'm considering some B16's myself, but I want to experience the stock handling for some time before I make the change. That way I'll appreciate better all the money I spend on the upgrade 😁

One question though - what's the process for adjusting the clicks at each corner? Do you have to jack up each corner, take the wheel off and make the adjustment or is it easier than that?

Cheers in advance!

Karl
I think you do have to jack up the car. Not entirely sure. Going to jack up the car tonight and adjust and then go to some twisties.

Edit: My friend with Ohlins doesn't jack up his car, as his hand fits. I think for both Ohlins and Bilstein it's just a matter of ease of access.
      02-19-2019, 05:31 PM   #33
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers in advance!

Karl
I think you do have to jack up the car. Not entirely sure. Going to jack up the car tonight and adjust and then go to some twisties.

Edit: My friend with Ohlins doesn't jack up his car, as his hand fits. I think for both Ohlins and Bilstein it's just a matter of ease of access.
Ah ok thanks.
Let me know how you get on and how straightforward l, or not, it is 👍🏻
      02-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #34
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers in advance!

Karl

Ah ok thanks.
Just checked. You don't need to lift the car. If your hand can reach without lifting it, you're fine. If you wanna adjust ride height, then you need to lift it.
      02-19-2019, 05:34 PM   #35
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers in advance!

Karl

Ah ok thanks.
Just checked. You don't need to lift the car. If your hand can reach without lifting it, you're fine. If you wanna adjust ride height, then you need to lift it.
Great, thanks.
The company who are fitting my new brakes in a few weeks also fit these Bilsteins so I'm going to pick their brain a little.
      02-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #36
963mw
BMW Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers in advance!

Karl

Ah ok thanks.
Great, thanks.
The company who are fitting my new brakes in a few weeks also fit these Bilsteins so I'm going to pick their brain a little.
Good luck. Enjoy your new suspension.
      02-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #37
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers in advance!

Karl

Ah ok thanks.
Great, thanks.
Good luck. Enjoy your new suspension.
Oh, I won't be getting a new suspension just yet, but it's on the list!
      03-07-2019, 09:20 AM   #38
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quick update - I ended up buying the B16s when I was at MMR Performance (I'm extremely impatient!). They are currently dialled in to the softest setting, but I am gradually going to increase the stiffness to see how the car's handling changes. Looking forward to this!
      03-07-2019, 03:35 PM   #39
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Quick update - I ended up buying the B16s when I was at MMR Performance (I'm extremely impatient!). They are currently dialled in to the softest setting, but I am gradually going to increase the stiffness to see how the car's handling changes. Looking forward to this!
How would you rate the ride for a daily driven car? I like the idea of being able to adjust the settings on the Bilsteins without having to jack up the car.

I've been seeing reviews from people ranging anywhere from saying the softest setting is softer than stock, to saying it's harsher but better over large bumps. Thoughts / feedback?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #40
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubzz24 View Post
Quote:
How would you rate the ride for a daily driven car? I like the idea of being able to adjust the settings on the Bilsteins without having to jack up the car.

I've been seeing reviews from people ranging anywhere from saying the softest setting is softer than stock, to saying it's harsher but better over large bumps. Thoughts / feedback?
Since driving the car back from Bruntingthorpe on Monday I haven't had the chance to drive it again. I'm going to do some more journeys on the softest setting and then gradually dial it in harder so I can tell the difference more and more. I'll keep you posted 👍🏻
      03-07-2019, 04:04 PM   #41
dubzz24
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Awesome, looking forward to your updates!
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-09-2019, 04:00 AM   #42
FIDDIE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

I'll keep an eye too
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-11-2019, 09:41 AM   #43
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

I just put all four corners on the stiffest setting. It was really easy to do. For the fronts I would advise turning the wheels to full lock so the front of the wheel is facing inwards. That was you can easily reach in and make the adjustment. At the rear you simply have to reach under from the back by the exhaust.

I'll let you know how I get on with this setting throughout the week. I am fully expecting it to be a hard ride on the road, but that's not something that would normally worry me for a car like this.
      03-11-2019, 02:07 PM   #44
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Right, quick update - I just went out for an hour on the hardest setting on all 4 corners and from what I can tell so far I am really pleased. As you would expect you feel every bump in the road even more than normal, but I don't mind that as the car isn't my daily and I like that connected-to-the-road feeling. Going round roundabouts and cornering there is little to no body roll and the car feels extremely planted. I wasn't pushing crazy hard as it was dark and I am still getting used to the car (and it hasn't had the break-in service yet), but I love how it feels I forgot to mention the car's ride height has been dropped by 25mm all round when it was installed.
Thevesh30.50
Kattanah136.00