BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW Magazine videos #14 BMW M2

12-25-2015, 10:55 PM   #45
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
quite simply the worst roll out of a new car ever.....BMW marketing from this project should be fired. They have diminished any excitement for this car with their slow, effects-laden crap.
I think the market segment they are targeting are susceptible to teasers , and pardon me if I'm ignorant....but this strategy would never work with older gens of folks. They would have spent their money elsewhere already. We don't even have basic info that is pertinent to even evaluating whether this is the car for you (MSRP/allocation availability ) but they can throw together some bullshxt video like this in a heartbeat smh. In theory it's cool, but to a serious interested consumer it's starting to be a clown show. /rant
Appreciate 2
      12-25-2015, 10:56 PM   #46
tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
cool video...I loved the swirling water shots because that translates into serious fun on the tarmac!

But I wonder if the exhaust sound track is from inside the vehicle and it's programmed fake exhaust audio through the speakers or external recording?

I remember driving the new M4 and it sounded great and then I rolled down the window and it cut the sound by 50% and actually sounded wimpy compared to windows up.
Absolutely right. Not much sound gets to the driver from outside the M4.

I'm thinking that the F87 is probably my next ride. I hope it doesn't seem cheap and small compared to the M4. I suppose it will.
Previous - 2010 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi, Nav, BMW PPK & PE, Dinan S2
Previous - 2007 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2015, 11:18 PM   #47
nonagon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayenne GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler9595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
cool video...I loved the swirling water shots because that translates into serious fun on the tarmac!

But I wonder if the exhaust sound track is from inside the vehicle and it's programmed fake exhaust audio through the speakers or external recording?

I remember driving the new M4 and it sounded great and then I rolled down the window and it cut the sound by 50% and actually sounded wimpy compared to windows up.
Absolutely right. Not much sound gets to the driver from outside the M4.

I'm thinking that the F87 is probably my next ride. I hope it doesn't seem cheap and small compared to the M4. I suppose it will.
No, not right. Exhaust is louder with window down.
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2015, 11:52 PM   #48
cole3488
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf View Post
Wow people still bitchin. It's a limited production car. So BMW could do whatever they want with the marketing because the demand is more than what they are manufacturing.

In other words your complaining means nothing. All you're doing is having a bad time here complaining about how they are doing things, mean while BMW will sell every single car, and the buyers that actually get this car will most likely be very happy with the product.

Just sayin.
I'm one of those buyers
Appreciate 3
      12-26-2015, 12:37 AM   #49
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWolf
Wow people still bitchin. It's a limited production car. So BMW could do whatever they want with the marketing because the demand is more than what they are manufacturing.

In other words your complaining means nothing. All you're doing is having a bad time here complaining about how they are doing things, mean while BMW will sell every single car, and the buyers that actually get this car will most likely be very happy with the product.

Just sayin.
It is not a limited number car. Four years of full production. First year is short. Hype. /
Appreciate 4
      12-26-2015, 01:19 AM   #50
AtlantaDude
Just enjoying my time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDarkUnicorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999
God
The seats are ugly
they are extremely comfortable
She also has a GREAT personality.

Hahaha. I'll see myself out.

If speed is death, then buy a Honda and live forever
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 02:02 AM   #51
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

All I see is automatics, sad. I can't imagine having this car without a manual.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 02:18 AM   #52
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut
Quote:

Just sayin.
It is not a limited number car. Four years of full production. First year is short. Hype. /
Well I have to disagree with you on that. It's not hype and let me tell you my perspective why. Let's look at some quick math estimates.

They made 6300 1Ms in a one year production run with 700 that came to the US. The M2 has been reported at 10,000 units coming throughout its entire life cycle which is much more than 1 year. 2,000 of which are reported to come to the US. There are over 300 BMW dealerships in the US. If it's produced for 4 years that's 500 cars a year give or take coming to the US, which is around 42 cars a month to sell out of 300 dealerships. Thats less units per year than they built with the limited 700 1M production run. Only difference is the production run is more than 1 year.

So because of that there won't be several M2s hanging around on the lot if any. And if the price really is $51,000 this car will sell out very quickly, because the demand is high while the amount that will be produced in the time period that it will be offered is low.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 02:28 AM   #53
zsoci75
Private First Class
Hungary
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB MT...every day fun!:-)

Look at the top view....!
Thank you BMW!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 04:34 AM   #54
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut
Quote:

Just sayin.
Well I have to disagree with you on that. It's not hype and let me tell you my perspective why. Let's look at some quick math estimates.

They made 6300 1Ms in a one year production run with 700 that came to the US. The M2 has been reported at 10,000 units coming throughout its entire life cycle which is much more than 1 year. 2,000 of which are reported to come to the US. There are over 300 BMW dealerships in the US. If it's produced for 4 years that's 500 cars a year give or take coming to the US, which is around 42 cars a month to sell out of 300 dealerships. Thats less units per year than they built with the limited 700 1M production run. Only difference is the production run is more than 1 year.

So because of that there won't be several M2s hanging around on the lot if any. And if the price really is $51,000 this car will sell out very quickly, because the demand is high while the amount that will be produced in the time period that it will be offered is low.
Thanks for posting this and saving me some keystrokes. It's amazing that people aren't doing the math on this...

Even if US production is double what the 1M was on an annual basis for four years, they will still make them fairly difficult to come by.

Oooh this is fun, I guess madness occurs in Porsche land also... just found a posting on rennlist where someone was insisting in May that Cayman GT4 would not be limited ...

http://rennlist.com/forums/Porsche-c...o-limited.html
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 05:04 AM   #55
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Wow!

Goodbye cold metal. This video makes me want to buy one; now! I really hope the drive is as exciting as the looks.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 05:05 AM   #56
N & M
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Coke bottle hips baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsoci75 View Post
Thank you BMW!
This car is bringing sexy back to M.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 08:06 AM   #57
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Hmm....so do i sell my E46 M3 ZCP w/t 33k miles for this?
Now, that is the $64K question im grappling with.

Im gonna have to test drive this car, NO, M seat/carbon roof/drive shaft/mirrors/power dome/.....Will see
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 08:25 AM   #58
Who's on first
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A-10C

Quote:

Just sayin.
Um.... No. It is not a limited production car. BMW has gone on the record, more then once, saying there is not a production cap.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 09:29 AM   #59
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who's on first
Quote:

Just sayin.
Um.... No. It is not a limited production car. BMW has gone on the record, more then once, saying there is not a production cap.
We know this. But until you see production , or know the exact number of cars that will be produced, perhaps you shouldn't be so smug about with so little information.. And you might want to Do the math instead ...

As Phoenix wolf said.. Just sayin...
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 09:47 AM   #60
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Pretty good video but I still prefer the official M2 launch video.I never get tired of watching it.
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 10:47 AM   #61
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Such a shame about those seats... :
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 11:15 AM   #62
clubsport
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian ///M View Post
This promo is killing me wtf. Hurry the hell up
In the time since BMW announced the 'possibility' of an M2...

George Lucus has sold the Star Wars franchise, the new owners have hired script writers, decided on scripts, rewritten scripts, picked a director, chosen locations, hired actors, picked shooting locations, SHOT 2 FILMS concurrently, edited the films, done extensive post production AND RELEASED THE FIRST FILM TO THEATERS.

BMW has still not released a car BASED ON an existing platform using existing parts. I agree. LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

Happy Holidays
Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 11:47 AM   #63
evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

reading some of the responses I thought this would be awful. I actually enjoyed it. since I'm not in such a rush for the car I don't think it's quite as painful seeing the videos. the seats are probably the only thing I think they should have done differently .. they should at least make the f8x seats an option

Appreciate 1
      12-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #64
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
We know this. But until you see production , or know the exact number of cars that will be produced, perhaps you shouldn't be so smug about with so little information.. And you might want to Do the math instead ...

As Phoenix wolf said.. Just sayin...
So you are both acknowledging that you don't know wtf you're talking about . Which is the issue I have regarding this car lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 12:12 PM   #65
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubsport View Post
In the time since BMW announced the 'possibility' of an M2...

George Lucus has sold the Star Wars franchise, the new owners have hired script writers, decided on scripts, rewritten scripts, picked a director, chosen locations, hired actors, picked shooting locations, SHOT 2 FILMS concurrently, edited the films, done extensive post production AND RELEASED THE FIRST FILM TO THEATERS.

BMW has still not released a car BASED ON an existing platform using existing parts. I agree. LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED.

Happy Holidays
In a Galaxy far far away I'm sure some alien manufacturing company is teasing around some vehicle to their potential consumers also. Well when you put it that way...us measly earthlings can tough it out
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2015, 03:52 PM   #66
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsoci75
Thank you BMW!
OMG yes, that's a set of hips!