BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > SPOTTED BMW M2 in Munich (European Delivery)

09-16-2015, 12:47 AM   #67
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2

Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
I think it looks great in LBB on these pictures. I have yet to decide what color to get but LBB looks great. The only thing is I think you'll get tired of it after a while. I hated my Melbourne Red F30 after a while because it was so RED. A white, grey or black car might not be eye candy in the same way but you won't get sick of them after a few months either.
My thinking is exactly like yours....I've just sold my M235 after 6 months, mineral white, just for the fact that I will order the M2...And I can't decide if I will go with the LBB or the Alpine White. If I do go with LBB, I'm also thinking to wrap it in a "wet look semi mat" wrap.

If it came in mineral white, I would have gone with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 02:15 AM   #68
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denk
That LBB is a very flashy, attention grabbing, eye popping color.
The black 437's will look marvelous on it.

I gotta lay low, going with mineral. I need some silver wheels though, first thing on my list.
I wish they had the option for the silver wheel. There will be certain colours that will go with silver or black wheel. E.g white with black, black with silver, LBB with black, Mineral with Silver. These are of course my opinions. It's also a shame the tyre sizes are different than that of the M4/M3 so arranging a simple swap with dealer cars is not an option as rolling diameters will be off to what the car is calibrated for.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2015, 06:41 AM   #69
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger_EOD View Post
My thinking is exactly like yours....I've just sold my M235 after 6 months, mineral white, just for the fact that I will order the M2...And I can't decide if I will go with the LBB or the Alpine White. If I do go with LBB, I'm also thinking to wrap it in a "wet look semi mat" wrap.

I spoke to my dealer earlier and we have a few months to figure that out (what color to get). No problem putting in an order today, but no prices are released and sometimes cars get locked and can't be changed and it won't get an earlier allocation anyway so no need to order.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 06:47 AM   #70
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:

Oh lord dude how much did you lose on that deal :O That must have set you back a bit I was thinking like oh well maybe if it looks good enough and it is quite a bit of an upgrade i would do the same. But not directly after 6 months...I have around 25000€ left on my debt to BMW for the car and its 10 months old my baby So i was thinking well in a year it will be worth it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 05:34 PM   #71
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
I wish they had the option for the silver wheel. There will be certain colours that will go with silver or black wheel. E.g white with black, black with silver, LBB with black, Mineral with Silver. These are of course my opinions. It's also a shame the tyre sizes are different than that of the M4/M3 so arranging a simple swap with dealer cars is not an option as rolling diameters will be off to what the car is calibrated for.
The difference is 7mm in diameter. That's not enough to throw out the ABS or TC calibrations.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #72
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix
Quote:
The difference is 7mm in diameter. That's not enough to throw out the ABS or TC calibrations.
What about speedo
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #73
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Quote:
What about speedo
What about it? It'll still work. And will read 60.6 instead of 60.

So many people run cars with tires different in size from the factory. I run a tire larger than the factory on my X1 and have had no adverse effects. My speedo is out, but big whoop.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #74
Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep

Ok good to know it's not much at all
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 01:27 AM   #75
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
I spoke to my dealer earlier and we have a few months to figure that out (what color to get). No problem putting in an order today, but no prices are released and sometimes cars get locked and can't be changed and it won't get an earlier allocation anyway so no need to order.
Yep your absolutely right, it's a few months left still. I sold my car now when I was home, as I was home on leave, and will not be back until Xmas next. So made sense to sell it now and get as much as possible, since I won't drive it in December/January anyway. So I'm hoping that I'm able to put and order in, with prices of the car and options available, in November/December, but I guess we just have to wait and see. Are you getting an M2 as well?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 01:31 AM   #76
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
Oh lord dude how much did you lose on that deal :O That must have set you back a bit I was thinking like oh well maybe if it looks good enough and it is quite a bit of an upgrade i would do the same. But not directly after 6 months...I have around 25000€ left on my debt to BMW for the car and its 10 months old my baby So i was thinking well in a year it will be worth it.
Yep I lost about 12 000$ on it, but it was either sell it now or park it my garage until I'm bak in Sweden next, in December, and sell it then. So not a hard choice really. But I have to say that it was a bit hard to hand it back as I really enjoyed the car, and after the upgrades I thought it looked so cool. Now it's just an waiting game until the order books open for the M2.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #77
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Yep your absolutely right, it's a few months left still. I sold my car now when I was home, as I was home on leave, and will not be back until Xmas next. So made sense to sell it now and get as much as possible, since I won't drive it in December/January anyway. So I'm hoping that I'm able to put and order in, with prices of the car and options available, in November/December, but I guess we just have to wait and see. Are you getting an M2 as well?
Yes, in the same boat as you. Sold my 335 in August to get as much as possible for it so I'm just waiting for the full order sheet to put in my order for the M2. Hopefully I (we) can see the M2 in all color before ordering, that would make it a lot easier.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 01:45 PM   #78
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Yes, in the same boat as you. Sold my 335 in August to get as much as possible for it so I'm just waiting for the full order sheet to put in my order for the M2. Hopefully I (we) can see the M2 in all color before ordering, that would make it a lot easier.
Should meet up sometime. U based in Stockholm?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 02:02 PM   #79
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Should meet up sometime. U based in Stockholm?
Unfortunately not, I'm from Gothenburg.
But I'm in Stockholm quite often, even more often with the M2 later on!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2015, 11:34 PM   #80
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Yep I lost about 12 000$ on it, but it was either sell it now or park it my garage until I'm bak in Sweden next, in December, and sell it then. So not a hard choice really. But I have to say that it was a bit hard to hand it back as I really enjoyed the car, and after the upgrades I thought it looked so cool. Now it's just an waiting game until the order books open for the M2.
Are you going have to put money in between for the M2 or did the M235i value cover both the money in between + a little bit more.

I my self have paid so much on my car that its worth more then i have in debt so if i were to sell it now i would have cover the debt + have a little extra in between but the rest i would have to put out to cover it .
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:45 AM   #81
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately not, I'm from Gothenburg.
But I'm in Stockholm quite often, even more often with the M2 later on!
That's only 550km.. I'm in Gothenburg sometimes to, have friends down there. We will square something out once we have our cars. What color are you leaning on for the M2?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 12:48 AM   #82
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
Are you going have to put money in between for the M2 or did the M235i value cover both the money in between + a little bit more.

I my self have paid so much on my car that its worth more then i have in debt so if i were to sell it now i would have cover the debt + have a little extra in between but the rest i would have to put out to cover it .
I paid of the entire loan on the M235, but still have over 100k over from that, so that + what ever I save up in the months until the first downpayment on the M2, is what I'll put in. I expect I'll put in about 200-250k and take the rest on payment plan.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #83
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
That's only 550km.. I'm in Gothenburg sometimes to, have friends down there. We will square something out once we have our cars. What color are you leaning on for the M2?
LBB or AW, like most people... Need to see the lines of the car first before I'm sure.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 04:03 AM   #84
M2_AKROPOVIC
Private
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
LBB or AW, like most people... Need to see the lines of the car first before I'm sure.
Yea I'm same. Do you know if the M2 will have a diff/LSD as standard? I asked "my" BMW guy, but he did not know.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 06:21 AM   #85
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Yea I'm same. Do you know if the M2 will have a diff/LSD as standard? I asked "my" BMW guy, but he did not know.
Ask yourself, "Why woul it not?". Of course it will. It will has the M3/M4's suspension, subframe, and LSD.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2015, 08:19 AM   #86
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3andME View Post
Ask yourself, "Why woul it not?". Of course it will. It will has the M3/M4's suspension, subframe, and LSD.
As IS3andME said, it will. It is seen in all the photos too.
Appreciate 1