BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Musicar NW trunk sub installed

01-08-2021, 10:54 AM   #23
biggripper
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello View Post
Hey OP. May i ask where you grounded the amp in the trunk? Did you make a new hole somewhere or you used a current one? If so, which one did you use?
I can't remember for sure since I no longer have the car but I believe I ran my ground to the the grounding wire attached to the body near where the battery is. If you pull the right side trim you should find the battery and f4om the battery negai terminal you see a brown ground wire that attaches to the body. I believe I just attached to that bolt. I don't recall needing to drill any holes.
FORMER ///F87 M2C | Sunset Orange/Orange | 6MT | Black 788M Wheels
FORMER ///F82 M4 | SSII | Full SO | 6MT | Black 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:19 PM   #24
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Hey OP. May i ask where you grounded the amp in the trunk? Did you make a new hole somewhere or you used a current one? If so, which one did you use?
I used this screw. I sanded it down to bare metal first, obv.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:26 PM   #25
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggripper View Post
Quote:
I can't remember for sure since I no longer have the car but I believe I ran my ground to the the grounding wire attached to the body near where the battery is. If you pull the right side trim you should find the battery and f4om the battery negai terminal you see a brown ground wire that attaches to the body. I believe I just attached to that bolt. I don't recall needing to drill any holes.
this is what i thought it as well but read somewhere that it's not recommended due to the IBS and affecting the battery load... but i'm unsure if they meant attaching it directly to the negative battery terminal that's frowned upon.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:29 PM   #26
jello
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: LCI M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [8.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
Quote:
I used this screw. I sanded it down to bare metal first, obv.
this really looks good sir but i'm placing my amp on the lower left side (where my oem amp is at) and i don't think it would be wise to wire it up on that top location.
Appreciate 1
Pottah203.00
      01-08-2021, 01:25 PM   #27
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

Quote:
There's an OEM grounding location on the top of the tire wheel arch on the body. I've always used that (on multiple BMW's) and it's worked very well. No need to drill/sand/repaint
Appreciate 0