BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > 850HP BMW M2 Competition REVIEW by AutoTopNL

09-03-2021, 09:12 AM   #23
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICantDrive4Sht View Post
It's because aftermarket intakes produce only more sound, no power gains.
I just watched some M2C intake videos and my my my my does it make the turbo spool so much more apparent. Takes me back to when I owned an MR2 Turbo with an HKS BOV. I might grab some cheaper intakes for sound nostalgia sake lol. The M2C turbos spooling sounds SOO good when amplified by some aftermarket intakes!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 12:08 AM   #24
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020m2c View Post
Yes. Very fidgety at speed. It's not just the wheelbase but also aero. My similar wheelbase Lambo is absolutely planted above 170mph. The M2 is a 🐿 above 130mph.
The next newer generation will have the longer wheelbase and BMW should have fixed the bounciness that all the 2 series BMW’s have regardless of whether you buy the regular 2 series or the full out M series. They are all the same due to short wheelbase and design of platform. From what I understand is these issues have been resolved with the new chassis/platform. The 3 series does not have these issues but the previous 2 sure did
Appreciate 0