BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > What would you change?

09-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #45
AnthraciteOG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Road & Track Build

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOT Bimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraciteOG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
Quote:
My car was black before and now it's wrapped in Anthracite Grey by Avery. Really liked how sinister the car looked murdered out but black just hides all the contours and body lines.
I actually think black shows the lines on this car better than any stock color- it's just hell to keep it clean!
I think I choose the wrong pictures to compare. Actually this is due to how well can the person photograph the car and use Photoshop or Lightroom to enhance the quality of the images. (Those 4 photos are done by my friend who is a professional photographer)

Here's few more iPhone shots that really shows how the black hides all the lines and how the satin grey make the car pops

Feel free to follow me @victorliphoto on IG to see more of the M2 build
Love it! Did you get the door jams wrapped?

You should do a black roof.
I didnt get the door jams wrapped cause it looks perfectly fine with black door jams

Since my car is black sapphire metallic originally, I do have a black roof, i just told them not to wrap the roof
Appreciate 1
WOT Bimmer1220.50
      09-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #46
AnthraciteOG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Road & Track Build

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackyStuntin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
Quote:
My car was black before and now it's wrapped in Anthracite Grey by Avery. Really liked how sinister the car looked murdered out but black just hides all the contours and body lines.
I actually think black shows the lines on this car better than any stock color- it's just hell to keep it clean!
I think I choose the wrong pictures to compare. Actually this is due to how well can the person photograph the car and use Photoshop or Lightroom to enhance the quality of the images. (Those 4 photos are done by my friend who is a professional photographer)

Here's few more iPhone shots that really shows how the black hides all the lines and how the satin grey make the car pops

Feel free to follow me @victorliphoto on IG to see more of the M2 build
What's up Victor
Heyyyy
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 04:32 AM   #47
Rub1con76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 M2

I own a AW and still very happy with it.
Cleaning is great in my opinion.

The only bad thing is that it's hard to get it on photo in it's most aggresive way. On the other hand, people who have seen photo's and then see it in real life are stunned.

I'm thinking about a wrap once and awhile but i'm afraid to get dissapointed afterwards
Attached Images

09-23-2020, 07:42 AM   #48
WOT Bimmer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub1con76 View Post
I own a AW and still very happy with it.
Cleaning is great in my opinion.

The only bad thing is that it's hard to get it on photo in it's most aggresive way. On the other hand, people who have seen photo's and then see it in real life are stunned.

I'm thinking about a wrap once and awhile but i'm afraid to get dissapointed afterwards
Wonder what a frozen white would look like? I don't know if I've ever seen one - might look odd.

The frozen colors always intrigued me because you can put down satin PPF over your factory paint to give it a frozen look. Not sure how that would hold up 3+ years out, but wraps aren't that expensive when you consider the paint protection qualities.

Nice car!
Appreciate 1
Rub1con76202.50
      09-24-2020, 11:49 AM   #49
dvas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 - Mineral Gray, 6spd

I bought a mineral gray 17 after the spouse convinced me to opt out of the blue. I'm glad I did because I think the gray aged better. It may be a bit boring but I find the white to be a bit blah and the black to be too difficult to maintain. To each their own, though.
      09-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #50
mssVT98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvas View Post
I bought a mineral gray 17 after the spouse convinced me to opt out of the blue. I'm glad I did because I think the gray aged better.
This is a great point. I know I'll continue to love my MG, but the various blues, especially the lighter/brighter ones, tend to have shorter shelf lives to me. I used to love Estoril Blue when it came out on the E36, but now I see it and don't really care for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 04:19 AM   #51
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
LBB - ultra easy - wouldn't change a thing.
Your photos are always on point
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6625.50
      10-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #52
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssVT98 View Post
Quote:
I bought a mineral gray 17 after the spouse convinced me to opt out of the blue. I'm glad I did because I think the gray aged better.
This is a great point. I know I'll continue to love my MG, but the various blues, especially the lighter/brighter ones, tend to have shorter shelf lives to me. I used to love Estoril Blue when it came out on the E36, but now I see it and don't really care for it.
Cars are a see of gray, silver, black, and white now. Since the 90s everyone has been trying really hard to not buy or have to resell a car with any color on it.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/37001/...over-the-years
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 04:20 PM   #53
mssVT98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Cars are a see of gray, silver, black, and white now. Since the 90s everyone has been trying really hard to not buy or have to resell a car with any color on it.

Yeah, and that's not a great thing IMO. I appreciate when someone else buys a car in a non-grayscale color, LBB just wasn't the right one for me. If there had been a nice dark blue, or something similar to Oxford/BR green I'd have seriously considered it. If I could have gotten Macau blue I'd have ordered that in a heartbeat. But I'm still very happy with MG.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      10-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #54
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mssVT98 View Post
Quote:

Sad.

I love color on my cars and avoid the white/grey/black whenever possible. Generally boring to me. Unfortunately I didn't feel like LBB was a color for me so I ended up with black on my 2018. Still love the look, just prefer a color.

If that year had come in SO I'd have been all over it. Way more exciting to me than the non colors.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 03:04 PM   #55
bngcruiser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Land Cruiser, '18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Mineral Gray

Would go British Racing Green if possible