BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2020 M2 Comp - Massively Discounted

07-29-2020, 12:33 PM   #133
FLYIN'
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, M550i, X545e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyphen View Post
If i walk into a BMW dealer asking to pay $60k out the door price (Seattle has a 10% sales tax essentially) for a 2020 M2 Comp with executive package and DCT, would i get laugh out the door?
At 10% sales tax that's unlikely. Forget about sales tax as you can't get out of paying that unless you lease it (then you only pay tax on the payment).
5% -7% off MSRP is probably all dealers will give on a 2020 unless it's been sitting on the lot for a while ( those usually have useless options). 3-5% off a '21 seems to be the going rate but if financing you get hit with a higher interest rate.
You might do better further afield from you but then you pay for shipping. To me I don't mind paying a few hundred bucks more to a local dealer as I'll usually get better service when any warranty issues come up.
'21 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 05:35 PM   #134
Kazhul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp / 2005 330i ZHP

Garage List
Best buy

This past February I saw a great price at 63850 for a blue, DCT, exec pkg. we finally settled at 56897 + tax. Got 3.2% at bmw and had it shipped from fla to va for 1k. I love the deal I got and haven’t looked back at all. I’ve looked at The inventory now and the prices and I’m so glad I pulled the trigger before covid-19.

Best luck but deals are to be had... your in control don’t forget it
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 07:34 PM   #135
atronlol
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6MT

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Pre Covid, the target discount to aim for was ~10%. The last couple of months when there were supply constraints, the average discount was ~5%. Now that supply is adequately coming through, I would adjust between those two figures. YMMV

But don't let anyone tell you there is no discount on a M2C...it's not a "special" or "LE" vehicle.

Also, regarding BMW of Alexandria, back in March they had 4 M2C sitting idle on lots. They were some of the best in terms of discounts, back during that time
Missed the boat!! Will have to keep looking around..
The guy at BMW of Alexandria was telling me how they are the “only” M certified dealer in the DMV area, and that’s why they have so many M cars. I’ve only been looking the last couple of weeks, but at least in that short time, it looks like he was right..

I emailed him a follow up offer, and I got the same line.
“Unfortunately we are unable to move on the price on the M2.”
A little surprised there wasn’t even an attempt to counter offer at all..

One more question if I may, when you’re emailing dealers do you simply ask them “hey do you guys have M2s cuz I’m buyin!!” or do you do some digging to find out if they have an allocation/M2C on the way? The reason I ask is because if I know that BMW of A is “the only dealer in the area” that is receiving new M2Cs then is it even worth it to try other local dealerships?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 07:43 PM   #136
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by atronlol View Post
Quote:
Pre Covid, the target discount to aim for was ~10%. The last couple of months when there were supply constraints, the average discount was ~5%. Now that supply is adequately coming through, I would adjust between those two figures. YMMV

But don't let anyone tell you there is no discount on a M2C...it's not a "special" or "LE" vehicle.

Also, regarding BMW of Alexandria, back in March they had 4 M2C sitting idle on lots. They were some of the best in terms of discounts, back during that time
The guy at BMW of Alexandria was telling me how they are the “only” M certified dealer in the DMV area, and that’s why they have so many M cars. I’ve only been looking the last couple of weeks, but at least in that short time, it looks like he was right..

“Unfortunately we are unable to move on the price on the M2.”
A little surprised there wasn’t even an attempt to counter offer at all..

One more question if I may, when you’re emailing dealers do you simply ask them “hey do you guys have M2s cuz I’m buyin!!” or do you do some digging to find out if they have an allocation/M2C on the way? The reason I ask is because if I know that BMW of A is “the only dealer in the area” that is receiving new M2Cs then is it even worth it to try other local dealerships?
If you're willing to take delivery in Greenville, SC at BMW Performance Center, you can really shop from any dealer in the country. I have done that for my last 5 BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 07:46 PM   #137
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:

The guy at BMW of Alexandria was telling me how they are the "only" M certified dealer in the DMV area, and that's why they have so many M cars. I've only been looking the last couple of weeks, but at least in that short time, it looks like he was right..

"Unfortunately we are unable to move on the price on the M2."
A little surprised there wasn't even an attempt to counter offer at all..

One more question if I may, when you're emailing dealers do you simply ask them "hey do you guys have M2s cuz I'm buyin!!" or do you do some digging to find out if they have an allocation/M2C on the way? The reason I ask is because if I know that BMW of A is "the only dealer in the area" that is receiving new M2Cs then is it even worth it to try other local dealerships?
Ok, a couple of points to share...

1. M cars can be ordered by ANY BMW dealerships. In fact, based on my experience, non-M certified dealerships usually have bigger discounts (not a fact). M certified only means they usually get M cars easily from the factory to add into their dealer inventory. Or they get first priority on "limited edition" vehicle. Or they get priority on new M vehicles, such as the new G series Ms. However, I see you may be doing a "custom" order, if that is the case, it does not matter, especially when the M2C has been around for awhile. And last I heard, allocations are plenty. You have seen people post how their dealers have 3-4 allocations, etc. Which is actually pretty large.

2. In my blanket email to dealers. I say I am interested in a M2C with my specific build code. I usually give them my OTD price and say if you can match it, I will sign the order form right away. Easy dealers either agree (to make life simple for them) or counter with X% off. Now difficult dealers will reply by saying "best deals are only done at the desk". This is bullshit and you do not want to deal with that particular salesman. Also, I try to email the sales manager, because they have last say on price. And a salesperson will have to get clearance from a sales manager anyways (which really baffles me the purpose of a CA, but that is a different discussion)

Think of it like this, it is worthwhile for both parties to agree on the deal as quickly as possible. Dealers do not really want to spend 4 hours with an informed consumer. Instead, if they can agree on a sale quickly with you, they can reallocate resources to focus on subsequent sales. Also, in the internet age, they know people shop around and again, great dealers will entertain offers regardless of your location.
blkonblk192.00
      07-29-2020, 08:04 PM   #138
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
If you're willing to take delivery in Greenville, SC at BMW Performance Center, you can really shop from any dealer in the country. I have done that for my last 5 BMWs.
I asked about that! They told me that they’re not doing it due to covid right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 08:05 PM   #139
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

1. M cars can be ordered by ANY BMW dealerships. In fact, based on my experience, non-M certified dealerships usually have bigger discounts (not a fact). M certified only means they usually get M cars easily from the factory to add into their dealer inventory. Or they get first priority on "limited edition" vehicle. Or they get priority on new M vehicles, such as the new G series Ms. However, I see you may be doing a "custom" order, if that is the case, it does not matter, especially when the M2C has been around for awhile. And last I heard, allocations are plenty. You have seen people post how their dealers have 3-4 allocations, etc. Which is actually pretty large.

2. In my blanket email to dealers. I say I am interested in a M2C with my specific build code. I usually give them my OTD price and say if you can match it, I will sign the order form right away. Easy dealers either agree (to make life simple for them) or counter with X% off. Now difficult dealers will reply by saying "best deals are only done at the desk". This is bullshit and you do not want to deal with that particular salesman. Also, I try to email the sales manager, because they have last say on price. And a salesperson will have to get clearance from a sales manager anyways (which really baffles me the purpose of a CA, but that is a different discussion)

Think of it like this, it is worthwhile for both parties to agree on the deal as quickly as possible. Dealers do not really want to spend 4 hours with an informed consumer. Instead, if they can agree on a sale quickly with you, they can reallocate resources to focus on subsequent sales. Also, in the internet age, they know people shop around and again, great dealers will entertain offers regardless of your location.
Awesome.

Thanks a ton for all of your advice, it’s been extremely helpful!! Will start emailing and see if I can get lucky!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 08:07 PM   #140
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome.

Thanks a ton for all of your advice, it’s been extremely helpful!! Will start emailing and see if I can get lucky!
@atronlol last tip, inquiring at the end of the month or quarter is very helpful. Many times, I was able to get the best deals during these typical financial closing dates.

Best of luck!
      07-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #141
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
@atronlol last tip, inquiring at the end of the month or quarter is very helpful. Many times, I was able to get the best deals during these typical financial closing dates.

Best of luck!
That’s why I’m doing it now! Exactly, hoping that someone needs this deal at the end of the month!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 08:15 PM   #142
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:

Best of luck!
That’s why I’m doing it now! Exactly, hoping that someone needs this deal at the end of the month!
I believe my CA has allocations. Send me a message if you'd like contact info.
Appreciate 1
Spider.75.50
      08-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #143
IronCore864
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2C

I'm in Germany. Discount is 18%. Not sure if this is best or not, maybe not. Dealer told me because it discontinues this autumn, although internet says it discontinues next autumn. Probably it's still more expensive than US price though.

Then due to corona VAT becomes 16% (normally 19%).
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 03:19 PM   #144
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Hi all -
I live in the DMV area, went to BMW of Alexandria to test drive the only manual M2C they had. They told me they had a new 2021 M2C manual coming in, however the salesperson I was talking to said that "there are no discounts at all on it because it is MY2021."
Has anyone heard the same, is that totally ridiculous?
Yes couple of my local dealers said the same and i just walked out, some dealers are crap
      08-06-2020, 03:43 PM   #145
team_car
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I asked about that! They told me that they’re not doing it due to covid right now.
I'm scheduled for SC PDC. The factory tour is closed, but the driving and pickup is happening (as far as i know).
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 04:53 PM   #146
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C Hockenheim 6sp

Garage List
Like with anything else, patience is key. As long as you don't NEED an M2C now, you can wait for the right deal, especially if you're open to different colours and spec options. Shopping nationwide and having the car shipped to you will also cast a much wider net...

I started my search in late April...and most CAs I contacted discounted very little (only a few hundred off, just for show) with the typical 'no discounts for ///M vehicles). Unfortunately, I ZEROED in for only 1 specific build: '20 HS and 6 speed. When I couldn't find any manual HS in the entire nation, I ending up buying a pre-owned HS 6sp w/ Exec Pkg from a Porsche dealer ('19 M2C in mid June with ~ 3.300 mi). The deal was sealed via 1 email where I offered 4k less than the asking price.

Just wait, the right deal will come your way!
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 09:26 PM   #147
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Like with anything else, patience is key. As long as you don't NEED an M2C now, you can wait for the right deal, especially if you're open to different colours and spec options. Shopping nationwide and having the car shipped to you will also cast a much wider net...

I started my search in late April...and most CAs I contacted discounted very little (only a few hundred off, just for show) with the typical 'no discounts for ///M vehicles). Unfortunately, I ZEROED in for only 1 specific build: '20 HS and 6 speed. When I couldn't find any manual HS in the entire nation, I ending up buying a pre-owned HS 6sp w/ Exec Pkg from a Porsche dealer ('19 M2C in mid June with ~ 3.300 mi). The deal was sealed via 1 email where I offered 4k less than the asking price.

Was this the unit that popped up in South Florida? I tried calling on that one and it was basically sold before I could even get connected.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 10:00 PM   #148
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Quote:

Was this the unit that popped up in South Florida? I tried calling on that one and it was basically sold before I could even get connected.
No...the M2C I bought was from Porsche of Austin TX.

Glad that I'm currently living in Uumerica. No deals like these anywhere in Sverige/EU...otherwise I would still be driving a Škoda, a Seat or worse...a Dacia Sandero ;-)

But dayum...the Texas heat though, var är snön?
      09-10-2020, 10:14 PM   #149
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
No...the M2C I bought was from Porsche of Austin TX.

Glad that I'm currently living in Uumerica. No deals like these anywhere in Sverige/EU...otherwise I would still be driving a Škoda, a Seat or worse...a Dacia Sandero ;-)

But dayum...the Texas heat though, var är snön?
Gotcha. I’ve sat in your car, oddly enough. I checked it out when I was looking at a Cayman there.
Appreciate 1
r0nd3L49.50
      09-11-2020, 09:30 AM   #150
No_curebimmer
~Spyder
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Gotcha. I’ve sat in your car, oddly enough. I checked it out when I was looking at a Cayman there.
Son of a monkey's uncle...was that you who left the gum wrapper in the rear seats?? JK

Well, I'm really glad you didn't buy my M2C...cause I LOOOVE IT
Appreciate 1
JggyM228.50
      09-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #151
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Son of a monkey's uncle...was that you who left the gum wrapper in the rear seats?? JK

Well, I'm really glad you didn't buy my M2C...cause I LOOOVE IT
I saw it also. Glad you got $4K off because their asking price was silly.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:06 PM   #152
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Anyone know if any are available in the tri state area? Told myself I'd wait for the G87 but every time I see a post about a HS, I get the urge more and more to upgrade now rather than wait.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0