BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Let's discuss the BMW "M2 CS" rumor: will there be a hardcore M2 variant 2019/2020 ?

09-17-2017, 03:00 PM   #1101
look585
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
My dealer just got back with me.
1000 in the US.

Taking orders starting Jan. 2018. This is a very tough call. I'm meeting with him on Tuesday to discuss.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 03:01 PM   #1102
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogger453 View Post
My dealer just got back with me.
1000 in the US.

Taking orders starting Jan. 2018. This is a very tough call. I'm meeting with him on Tuesday to discuss.
My dealer said the same to me a few posts back about the 1,000 units. Wonder if this is true??

Getting really nervous since I am number 2 on his list with deposit and pricing in writing. I might have to do the dreaded BMW dealer calls across country for a backup plan.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 03:22 PM   #1103
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

No dealer knows anything yet. My dealer is keeping 3 separate lists for the M2 variants. One list for base, one for CS, and one for GTS. If your on the list for the CS and an allocation comes for that you will need to go with that. You will not be able to switch to a GTS etc. And you cant be on all three. I would also think the GTS would be by invite as it was for the first M4 GTS cars. But here is my problem, the dealer owner is taking the first CS and GTS for himself?
      09-17-2017, 04:01 PM   #1104
look585
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
No dealer knows anything yet. My dealer is keeping 3 separate lists for the M2 variants. One list for base, one for CS, and one for GTS. If your on the list for the CS and an allocation comes for that you will need to go with that. You will not be able to switch to a GTS etc. And you cant be on all three. I would also think the GTS would be by invite as it was for the first M4 GTS cars. But here is my problem, the dealer owner is taking the first CS and GTS for himself?
Benefits of being a dealer. lolol.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2017, 07:32 PM   #1105
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
I will be stopping by my dealership tomorrow to make sure I'm still number 1. I have 3 decent size stores around me, I may have to put a deposit down at each 1 of them
      09-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #1106
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Not entirely true. Some of us have the option for any of the "special variants". If I pass on CS, then I'm #1 for CSL. To pass, or not to pass, that is the question.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #1107
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Not entirely true. Some of us have the option for any of the "special variants". If I pass on CS, then I'm #1 for CSL. To pass, or not to pass, that is the question.
Wait till the feeding frenzy kicks in hard in the US and the "S" in "MSRP" is played out into "To pay, or not to pay, that is the question."
      09-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #1108
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I'd bring lying if I said I wasn't worried about being sold down the river. Cash is King. If I'm in, at no more than MSRP, and someone comes and offers 10k over MSRP????

Am I really going to pay attorneys to take a dealership to court over breaking a written agreement. Likely not. Litigation is lengthy, expensive, and I likely still wouldn't end up with car even if I won, and was compensated. They'd all be sold by the time the litigation was over.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2017, 01:17 PM   #1109
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Just got a call from one of the dealerships that I am on the wait list for. He told me the following:
1, They were on a conference call with the BMW representative for the Southern States on Thursday. He was not sure but said the representative's name could have been Veronica something.
2, Veronica told them that 1000 M2 CS models will be made.
3, Someone asked during the call about the US allocations to which she said, she was not sure about the US allocation.
4, They were not given dates but told to hear more in a couple of months.
5, They were told that there will no longer be GTS models and that the M4 GTS would be the last one.
6, I asked about the CSL and he told me that they had not heard anything about it and were only told that there would not be a GTS.
7, He told me that his dealership will definitely get one of the cars but he was not sure if they will get anymore after that.

I even told him that others on this forum had heard that it would be 1000 cars for the US but he told me that he was confident that that was not what he had heard on the call.

They got 1 M4 GTS allocation and one more from another dealership which was unable to sell theirs. He expects to get 1 allocation of the M2 CS and maybe 2 at the most. He went on and told me that they will let others know who are number 3 and above on their wait list that they might not get an allocation unless someone before them cancels and if they wanted to take back their deposit. He told me that this communication will go out before the end of the week.
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2017, 01:31 PM   #1110
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Just got a call from one of the dealerships that I am on the wait list for. He told me the following:
1, They were on a conference call with the BMW representative for the Southern States on Thursday. He was not sure but said the representative's name could have been Veronica something.
3, Someone asked during the call about the US allocations to which she said, she was not sure about the US allocation.
5, They were told that there will no longer be GTS models and that the M4 GTS would be the last one.
6, I asked about the CSL and he told me that they had not heard anything about it and were only told that there would not be a GTS.
7, He told me that his dealership will definitely get one of the cars but he was not sure if they will get anymore after that.

I even told him that others on this forum had heard that it would be 1000 cars for the US but he told me that he was confident that that was not what he had heard on the call.

They got 1 M4 GTS allocation and one more from another dealership which was unable to sell theirs. He expects to get 1 allocation of the M2 CS and maybe 2 at the most. He went on and told me that they will let others know who are number 3 and above on their wait list that they might not get an allocation unless someone before them cancels and if they wanted to take back their deposit. He told me that this communication will go out before the end of the week.
Price will be high if low volume
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #1111
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Benefits of being a dealer. lolol.
Might as well. He can probably flip them for a profit.

As far as 1000 for the world or 1000 for the US, I am sad for you people looking to get a CS. I am sad I will likely never own one.

However, my wallet is happy as it protects the value of the base M2 and I won't even have the option to open the wallet to upgrade to the CS.

Last edited by akkando; 09-18-2017 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #1112
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Price will be high if low volume
Could be. The 1000 total production number does not make sense to me.
If it was that low, it should have been called the CSL. If it does end up being a 1000, it does not bode well for a possible CSL version in the future. Even if there was a super limited CSL version in even lower quantities, it probably will not make it to the US.

I think all the dealerships in the US should have this information by now. It would be best if more people called their dealerships so we can get more consensus.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:24 PM   #1113
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

Just to confuse matters this article looks wrong
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...lopment-400bhp
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 02:53 PM   #1114
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If it was that low, it should have been called the CSL. If it does end up being a 1000, it does not bode well for a possible CSL version in the future. Even if there was a super limited CSL version in even lower quantities, it probably will not make it to the US.

I think all the dealerships in the US should have this information by now. It would be best if more people called their dealerships so we can get more consensus.
I agree that if it's 1k total units, then I don't see a CSL being produced. They might keep it exclusive to the m3/m4, or wait for the next production cycle beyond 2020.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 03:03 PM   #1115
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:

Is this like a Porsche Cayman thing where the manufacture doesn't want the lower tier model out performing a higher tier model? Then the only way the manufacture can make the lower tier model show its full potential is by limiting its production so much that almost no one can realistically buy it so it doesn't disrupt sales of the higher tier model? It just generates a bunch of glowing press and gets people in the dealership?

Is that what's going on here? Give the M2 more power and weight reduction and it's too good and upsets the model tiers?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 03:16 PM   #1116
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

My goals.

1. Buy M2 CS
2. Sign up for DE event at Barber Motorsports park.
3. Smile
Appreciate 1
      09-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #1117
Benef1cient
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '18 LBB M2 LCI 6MT

Quote:
Well the guy on German forum that reported the already released LCI in July was talking about 1000 production run of M2 Competition so this would be in line with the previous rumors.

Pity though, only people that are no. 1 on the lists are going to get it, but on the other hand it'll retain value like 1M or a GT4.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 06:18 PM   #1118
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:

Gatte, what dealer was this? Was it in Roswell, GA as I know someone who dealt with them in the past.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 08:22 PM   #1119
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Gatte, what dealer was this? Was it in Roswell, GA as I know someone who dealt with them in the past.
This is a dealership in Texas.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #1120
look585
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [10.00]
CS

Dealer told me today it's going for 100K plus mark up.

WTF???
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #1121
Gatte
Major
Rep

Quote:
Dealer told me today it's going for 100K plus mark up.

WTF???
Your dealer is probably just hyping it up or lying to you. Either that or he maybe confused with the M4 CS.

If it's close to 100 K, it's got to be an M2 CSL.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #1122
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

if this turns out to be true, I need to just buy a M4 GTS
Appreciate 0