BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Is this a good deal? 2019 M2C

01-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #1
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C - 6MT

Is this a good deal? 2019 M2C

Hi All,

I am looking at a 2019 M2C with the below details and specifications. I'm very close to closing the deal and just want to do a final reality check with the community. Is this car a very good deal?

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
Active Autowerke mid pipe (single, not equal length)
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune
$50,000 (out the door, as it's private party)

Appreciate any feedback. I've combed the market, looked through historical sale posts and from everything I can tell, this is a very good deal. Just would appreciate feedback from the community as I get ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks!

Sold: 2015 M235i RWD, MHD Stage 2, FBO, MPE, XHP, HPD5Evo | IG @sea_m235i
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 06:20 PM   #2
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
I would take it to BMW Seattle or Car Tender to get a prepurchase inspection. I would be a little worried about the tune. It voids the engine and power train warranty. Price seems fine if you really want a tuned M2.
Appreciate 1
sea_m2c82.00
      01-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #3
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Pretty good for private party. The pinned hub costs alone like $3-4k to do.
Appreciate 1
sea_m2c82.00
      01-19-2021, 06:26 PM   #4
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
I would take it to BMW Seattle or Car Tender to get a prepurchase inspection. I would be a little worried about the tune. It voids the engine and power train warranty. Price seems fine if you really want a tuned M2.
Thanks for the reply, Dan. The reality is, I'd be tuning the car myself if it did not already come with the tune. Stage 1 is conservative enough that I'm not too concerned about issues, especially with the crankhub already being done and so few miles.

I'll be flying out of state to get the car and driving it back up to Seattle. I could do the PPI prior to picking up the car in California, though I know that it is more of a visual inspection and very unlikely to come up with anything.

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #5
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea_m235i View Post
Thanks for the reply, Dan. The reality is, I'd be tuning the car myself if it did not already come with the tune. Stage 1 is conservative enough that I'm not too concerned about issues, especially with the crankhub already being done and so few miles.

I'll be flying out of state to get the car and driving it back up to Seattle. I could do the PPI prior to picking up the car in California, though I know that it is more of a visual inspection and very unlikely to come up with anything.
A good PPI is more than a visual inspection. All fault codes should be pulled as well as checking the compression in all cylinders. Also brake pads, rotors, and tires would be checked. You could have the seller do a PPI for you and send you the results before going to California.

Also did you run a CarFax on the M2? You need to make sure no damage was reported and that all services were done.

Last edited by DanG; 01-19-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 08:23 PM   #6
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

A good PPI is more than a visual inspection. All fault codes should be pulled as well as checking the compression in all cylinders. Also brake pads, rotors, and tires would be checked. You could have the seller do a PPI for you and send you the results before going to California.

Also did you run a CarFax on the M2? You need to make sure no damage was reported and that all services were done.
I did run a CarFax and everything looks to be done on time. Break-In service was done at 1,204 miles, another oil change around 5k and now it's sitting around 7k miles. Looks like maybe a tail light was replaced under warranty but nothing outside of the norm.

Appreciate 1
DanG10583.00
      01-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #7
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
I did run a CarFax and everything looks to be done on time. Break-In service was done at 1,204 miles, another oil change around 5k and now it's sitting around 7k miles. Looks like maybe a tail light was replaced under warranty but nothing outside of the norm.
Sounds good. Have a nice drive back from California. It is a good way to learn what your new car can do.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 10:04 PM   #8
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Hi All,

I am looking at a 2019 M2C with the below details and specifications. I'm very close to closing the deal and just want to do a final reality check with the community. Is this car a very good deal?

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Appreciate any feedback. I've combed the market, looked through historical sale posts and from everything I can tell, this is a very good deal. Just would appreciate feedback from the community as I get ready to pull the trigger.

Thanks!
Quote:
Hi All,

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Thanks!
You probably know this but even though you don't owe the seller any other fees, WA state will charge you sales tax, tags and license fees when you register. Just thought of it since you mentioned out the door.
Appreciate 1
sea_m2c82.00
      01-19-2021, 10:47 PM   #9
sea_m2c
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Thanks!
Quote:
Hi All,

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Thanks!
You probably know this but even though you don't owe the seller any other fees, WA state will charge you sales tax, tags and license fees when you register. Just thought of it since you mentioned out the door.
Yeahhh I'm aware, makes me sick handing over that money to the state lol. We are one of only a few states that charge tax for private party car purchases.

I just meant that there's not all of the typical dealer fees that would be wrapped in to a dealer sale on top of that $50k price. I have 30 days to register the car so it helps space that registration tax. I appreciate the heads up though.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 08:42 AM   #10
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Yeahhh I'm aware, makes me sick handing over that money to the state lol. We are one of only a few states that charge tax for private party car purchases.

I just meant that there's not all of the typical dealer fees that would be wrapped in to a dealer sale on top of that $50k price. I have 30 days to register the car so it helps space that registration tax. I appreciate the heads up though.
The biggest expense after sales tax is license fees. The tabs for my 2018 M2 last year were over $700.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 09:49 AM   #11
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

Quote:
The biggest expense after sales tax is license fees. The tabs for my 2018 M2 last year were over $700.
That's about what Cali annual registration will be as well.
Appreciate 1
DanG10583.00
      01-21-2021, 12:26 AM   #12
jayg80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayg80 View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Thanks!
Quote:
Hi All,

2019 M2C
Alpine White
Manual
7800 miles
SSR pinned crankhub done
H&R Sport Kit Springs
BM3 Stage 1 Tune

Thanks!

Even worse is CA where I brought a 6 month old s2000 into the state back in 2010. Not only did I have to pay insane registration fees but since the car was purchased less than 1 year before they hit me with a sales tax differential between the 10% of CA and the 6% I paid previously in PA.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 12:26 PM   #13
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
That's a fun drive if you don't take I-5 the whole way. Granted, its the middle of winter so you may want to just take the boring route.
Appreciate 0