BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Rear Toe/Trailing Arm Links

11-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #1
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Rear Toe/Trailing Arm Links

Hey guys.

I'm curious to get your input on any rear links you've tried.

I installed the Fall Line rear toe links and I can't say there was noticeable change. Plus, there are faint clicking noises when going over bumps. Enough so that I'm thinking of going back to OEM. My shop has checked and everything is tight.

So, have you found any links that have a noticeable impact and are silent? I know Dinan is quite proud of theirs, but not sure if it's worth the cost.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #2
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

What do you need these for?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #3
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
What do you need these for?
Supposedly the OEM arms and rubber bushings will allow toe change and rear end squirm under hard acceleration. I was already having the rear alignment set, and the fall line links are pretty cheap, so I had the guys pop them in there.

Even if they are helping, the added noise bothers me so they’re coming out. I’ll go back to OEM, unless someone can definitively say a different vendor’s links helped improve rear end stability.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Supposedly the OEM arms and rubber bushings will allow toe change and rear end squirm under hard acceleration. I was already having the rear alignment set, and the fall line links are pretty cheap, so I had the guys pop them in there.

Even if they are helping, the added noise bothers me so they’re coming out. I’ll go back to OEM, unless someone can definitively say a different vendor’s links helped improve rear end stability.
They of course improve stability...it removes rubber from the suspension (which can flex). But the increased NVH is a side-affect...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:35 PM   #5
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
They of course improve stability...it removes rubber from the suspension (which can flex). But the increased NVH is a side-affect...
I have yet to hear real world track performance impact from anyone on these. I noticed a little bit of change, but not worth the added NVH.

Anyone tried Dinan’s or a different brand?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #6
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have yet to hear real world track performance impact from anyone on these. I noticed a little bit of change, but not worth the added NVH.

Anyone tried Dinan’s or a different brand?
Pretty sure that multiple people here have shown more consistent rear tire wear when using the rear toe arms...
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 05:12 PM   #7
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Pretty sure that multiple people here have shown more consistent rear tire wear when using the rear toe arms...
I tried searching around and couldn’t find anything. I’m mostly curious if Dinan’s are silent, or make noise like most all links do.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 08:13 PM   #8
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
I tried searching around and couldn’t find anything. I’m mostly curious if Dinan’s are silent, or make noise like most all links do.
I don't think any spherical bearing is ever going to be silent...its only a matter of time before it starts to be noisy
Appreciate 0