BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Carry over signoffs from other car clubs?

11-30-2016, 02:48 AM   #1
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Will have my M2 in about a month. After a log hiatus from track days, I can't wait to get back into it! This will be my first BMW and death-wheel drive car

I've tracked my Audi with the local Audi club here (Northwest chapter) and am signed off for solo driving. Will BMW CCA accept the signoffs from another club? Or is this something that the local chapter handles (would be BMWCCA Puget Sound).
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2016, 08:38 PM   #2
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd2002 View Post
Will have my M2 in about a month. After a log hiatus from track days, I can't wait to get back into it! This will be my first BMW and death-wheel drive car

I've tracked my Audi with the local Audi club here (Northwest chapter) and am signed off for solo driving. Will BMW CCA accept the signoffs from another club? Or is this something that the local chapter handles (would be BMWCCA Puget Sound).
I suspect they may put you in the intermediate group as you had prior track experience. Most likely the BMWCCA instructor will need to see your driving at least a few sessions before signing you off. It makes sense, as they can't vouch for you driving solo without actually seeing you drive. If the instructor has no issues with your driving, you will be signed off quick.

Good luck!
      12-02-2016, 03:40 PM   #3
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
I suspect they may put you in the intermediate group as you had prior track experience. Most likely the BMWCCA instructor will need to see your driving at least a few sessions before signing you off. It makes sense, as they can't vouch for you driving solo without actually seeing you drive. If the instructor has no issues with your driving, you will be signed off quick.

Good luck!
Thanks! appreciate the response
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
kenneth
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

You're welcome! I'll be in similar situation, after a 2 year break. But I don't mind it at all, as I can always choose to track solo with a couple other Clubs that are more focused on lapping, and less on driver training.

For me the M2 will not be too different from the 335, I think for you it will be a slight adjustment going from 4WD to RWD at corner exit, and when it's wet
      12-03-2016, 05:18 PM   #5
nd2002
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
You're welcome! I'll be in similar situation, after a 2 year break. But I don't mind it at all, as I can always choose to track solo with a couple other Clubs that are more focused on lapping, and less on driver training.

For me the M2 will not be too different from the 335, I think for you it will be a slight adjustment going from 4WD to RWD at corner exit, and when it's wet
Yea, the Audi chapter has quite a few lapping only events, which I go to. Hoping I can snag an instructor's time to give me some pointers on RWD lines. Not too concerned, just need to remind myself that traction and stability off will not be as forgiving as AWD oh and the water!

Looking forward to not throttle steering as much either!!
Appreciate 0