01-24-2021, 01:39 AM   #89
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piets94 View Post
She's heading into Durban today, getting closer!
What spec are you getting.

I got one of the last cars I think it was manufactured on 13th December.
I am really looking forward to it arriving. I am getting MB with black wheels.
Does anyone know if the wing mirrors fold in or have they stripped that out to.
Not sure why the cars don’t have keyless entry
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2021, 02:10 AM   #90
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94 M3, AW 1M, M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine* View Post
Great question Piet, dunno, would like to get out of state for the first time in over a year. Maybe pickup and drive round the coast up through Bega and across to the ACT, take a few days maybe.
The roads along the Sapphire Coast are superb. Haven't been there since before the bushfires of early 2020 that destroyed the beautiful forests, but what a great way to run in the beast. Looking forward to some photos.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 02:24 AM   #91
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrinoz View Post
What spec are you getting.

I got one of the last cars I think it was manufactured on 13th December.
I am really looking forward to it arriving. I am getting MB with black wheels.
Does anyone know if the wing mirrors fold in or have they stripped that out to.
Not sure why the cars don’t have keyless entry
Apparently keyless entry was deleted for potential theft reasons?? Weight-saving?? I think it was to simplify the brief of the car. I'll miss it, but not a deal-breaker.

I went for HS, DCT, black wheels/PSS, red brakes. I'm loving the MB more and more though, with a twinge of regret as more photos surface in delivery threads. Mine was a week 50 production.

Looks like there be a few more deliveries in the next few weeks
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 03:46 AM   #92
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Apparently keyless entry was deleted for potential theft reasons?? Weight-saving?? I think it was to simplify the brief of the car. I'll miss it, but not a deal-breaker.

I went for HS, DCT, black wheels/PSS, red brakes. I'm loving the MB more and more though, with a twinge of regret as more photos surface in delivery threads. Mine was a week 50 production.

Looks like there be a few more deliveries in the next few weeks
I am getting DCT to. The car is specked with gold wheels, which I don’t like. The dealer is painting them black. Do you know if the wing mirrors fold. The Australian spec has a different AC to European and American cars, not sure why they all cant be the same. I am thinking of getting a PPF wrap, my M2 didn’t get wrapped but I think the cs is a more special car
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:12 AM   #93
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am getting DCT to. The car is specked with gold wheels, which I don’t like. The dealer is painting them black. Do you know if the wing mirrors fold. The Australian spec has a different AC to European and American cars, not sure why they all cant be the same. I am thinking of getting a PPF wrap, my M2 didn’t get wrapped but I think the cs is a more special car
MB on black is very nice! A shame you have to repaint the gold though.

I've done front end PPF on my last few cars, highly recommended if done skilfully and a must if you do any track work.

BMW Australia must be the only market that I'm aware of to pov-spec the AC system. It's a blight and eliminates the option of heated seats (not really an issue for Qld, but nice in sunny Vic), but I think this was done to match their specs of the M3 and M4 CS. Lucky we didn't have to settle for cloth door pulls.

The mirrors, not sure. Maybe someone who has already taken delivery can chime in here.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:18 AM   #94
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
MB on black is very nice! A shame you have to repaint the gold though.

I've done front end PPF on my last few cars, highly recommended if done skilfully and a must if you do any track work.

BMW Australia must be the only market that I'm aware of to pov-spec the AC system. It's a blight and eliminates the option of heated seats (not really an issue for Qld, but nice in sunny Vic), but I think this was done to match their specs of the M3 and M4 CS. Lucky we didn't have to settle for cloth door pulls.

The mirrors, not sure. Maybe someone who has already taken delivery can chime in here.
Do you think i should leave the gold wheels as they are. I prefer the black wheels though. I am hoping to get the car wrapped before i pick it up from Bmw, I don’t know if that’s an option though.
I am hoping the wing mirrors fold in. My m2 was fixed multiple times because of people opening their car doors into my car.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:41 AM   #95
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Do you think i should leave the gold wheels as they are. I prefer the black wheels though. I am hoping to get the car wrapped before i pick it up from Bmw, I don’t know if that’s an option though.
I am hoping the wing mirrors fold in. My m2 was fixed multiple times because of people opening their car doors into my car.
My pet hate is careless car park damage and no note. Scumbags think they can get away with it. PPF might help with paint scratches, but the metal will still dent with enough force.

Do you track your car? Maybe find someone to swap wheels with, but nothing wrong with repainting if done right. I'd maybe wait to see the gold in person - you might like it.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:59 AM   #96
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
My pet hate is careless car park damage and no note. Scumbags think they can get away with it. PPF might help with paint scratches, but the metal will still dent with enough force.

Do you track your car? Maybe find someone to swap wheels with, but nothing wrong with repainting if done right. I'd maybe wait to see the gold in person - you might like it.
I didn’t track my m2 and I don’t plan to track this one.
I seen a MB with gold wheels at the dealers in September but I didn’t like the gold wheels. I was originally going to get a RS6 so I came into getting a CS a bit late. The dealers had either a blue or black cs. One of the dealers wouldn’t budge on price and the other dealer took 5k off, I don’t know if that was a good deal or not
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:11 AM   #97
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t track my m2 and I don’t plan to track this one.
I seen a MB with gold wheels at the dealers in September but I didn’t like the gold wheels. I was originally going to get a RS6 so I came into getting a CS a bit late. The dealers had either a blue or black cs. One of the dealers wouldn’t budge on price and the other dealer took 5k off, I don’t know if that was a good deal or not
Tracking is not for everyone, but my M2C was very competent on track and I can only imagine the CS being even better. The car was engineered for performance driving, not cars and coffee.
Um, RS6? Not exactly on the same shopping list as the CS? They look beastly! Bit too heavy for my liking. My kids can squish in those merino back seats.

5k is better than nothing if they were your only two options. Depends on availability, and they're almost all gone now?? There were 16 cars available 6 weeks ago, would be much less now.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 05:32 AM   #98
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Tracking is not for everyone, but my M2C was very competent on track and I can only imagine the CS being even better. The car was engineered for performance driving, not cars and coffee.
Um, RS6? Not exactly on the same shopping list as the CS? They look beastly! Bit too heavy for my liking. My kids can squish in those merino back seats.

5k is better than nothing if they were your only two options. Depends on availability, and they're almost all gone now?? There were 16 cars available 6 weeks ago, would be much less now.
How do you know how many were available.
I was originally going to order a CS back in September but I was talked out of it.
I didn’t really want the rs6 my heart wasn’t in it.
I am glad I finally decided on the m2 cs, very excited about it. I have a second car as a run around so hopefully my cs will get less dents in it from careless tossers in the car park.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:03 PM   #99
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:

There you go.

Also, weirdly enough I prefer the retro AC controls.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Alpine*1281.00
      01-24-2021, 04:21 PM   #100
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Re gold wheels, I am looking forward to having them, have always wanted to do them on previous cars like my black 911. Had red wheels from factory on my old black megane trophy R.

I think that gold is another classic CS from factory nice thing to have and is a nice differentiator between the various models. Anyways ccr go with what makes you happy bro.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:58 PM   #101
Piets94
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Re gold wheels, I am looking forward to having them, have always wanted to do them on previous cars like my black 911. Had red wheels from factory on my old black megane trophy R.

I think that gold is another classic CS from factory nice thing to have and is a nice differentiator between the various models. Anyways ccr go with what makes you happy bro.
Yeah, I like both. So I ordered both. Car comes with jet black, and I ordered a set of genuine gold to fit track tyres to.

The red wheels on the Megane make them stand out a mile away! Not many cars can rock the red that's for sure.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 03:17 AM   #102
ccrinoz
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
There you go.

Cheers
Do you like it. That’s a daft question i suppose
Looks great. Have you added any extras.
I am glad the wing mirrors fold.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 04:08 AM   #103
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I like both. So I ordered both. Car comes with jet black, and I ordered a set of genuine gold to fit track tyres to.

The red wheels on the Megane make them stand out a mile away! Not many cars can rock the red that's for sure.
Not many for sure.

Except
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 04:53 AM   #104
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
There you go.

Cheers
Do you like it. That’s a daft question i suppose
Looks great. Have you added any extras.
I am glad the wing mirrors fold.
I LOVE it.

No. Adding extras is like touching up a Van Gogh with a can of house paint. You don't mess with this sort of car.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:08 PM   #105
RednekM2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2CS, Yaris Rallye

Quote:

Gotta say the gold wheels look way better in person! Really makes the car stand out.
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #106
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RednekM2 View Post

Gotta say the gold wheels look way better in person! Really makes the car stand out.
Same with the black wheels.

I do absolutely love the gold wheels on BSM though. Classic.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2021, 05:20 AM   #107
dkr
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: an M car.

Quote:
Cool there is life on the Aussie Forum for the CS.

Mine is HS/6MT/gold wheels/non-CCB - car is from a Vic dealer and will come home to the ACT once here.
Taken delivery yet my good fellow? Guessing your lovely M3 made way for it a few months back?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2021, 09:21 PM   #108
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkr View Post
Taken delivery yet my good fellow? Guessing your lovely M3 made way for it a few months back?
Delivery is likely next weekend at this stage.

Sold the M3 Comp a couple years ago, had a 911 for the past 2 years, now car-free.
Appreciate 2
Davil6479.50
      02-04-2021, 11:42 PM   #109
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkr View Post

Sold the M3 Comp a couple years ago, had a 911 for the past 2 years, now car-free.
You could try this while you wait

"Genuine BMW Bicycles | BMW Motorrad" https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/ac...bmw-bikes.html
      02-05-2021, 12:41 AM   #110
dkr
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: an M car.

Quote:
Appreciate 0