12-30-2020, 08:23 AM   #23
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasnub View Post
I daily mine 40k miles a year for a sales job, through Michigan winters. So, yeah.
So you are the perfect recipient of this question:

During all of those miles, have you ever become bored driving the M2? Or does it continue to hold your attention and excite you after spending so much time behind the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 10:30 AM   #24
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
So you are the perfect recipient of this question:

During all of those miles, have you ever become bored driving the M2? Or does it continue to hold your attention and excite you after spending so much time behind the wheel?
I will say this- I get bored of cars pretty easily for the reason you mentioned- I spend a lot of time in them. The M2 has been about as much of a holy grail car as I’ve owned. I had a stage 2 tuned 2015 M235i for 3 years prior to it, so I think that speaks to how much I like the 2 series platform as a whole... it really does an awful lot of things well and has more rear seat/cargo room than people assume (it is my only car.)

I am always looking for the next best thing and I won’t lie, after 2.5 years I’m starting to get the itch again. But I find myself looking at the M2 Competition now- so its really just more about always wanting more performance and not so much about the car itself. My warranty is up this month so I also debate some performance upgrades... but I’m always nervous about out of warranty BMWs, especially modified ones.

If I could have a summer/winter car setup, the M2 wouldn’t be my choice. I’d have a Lotus or something totally performance focused and impractical. But for an only car, I really don’t find any other options that check the boxes quite like this one does. It is fast, attractive, a manual, has decent utility, relatively fuel efficient for a performance car, comfortable, and has the technology I want (iDrive with CarPlay is really fantastic.) The resale value has also been really good and as someone that puts a lot of miles on, that’s a big deal too. I haven’t regretted my choice even a little bit.

And to answer your original question- I get about 23.5mpg in a mix of 70% highway (going 80mph)/30% city driving. I don’t really hesitate to juice it on every on-ramp or in every passing situation, either. This car is made to be driven.
Appreciate 1