BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Keeping 2018 M2 after lease end?

01-30-2021, 08:52 AM   #23
sdshack
United_States
Rep
Drives: '88 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
These cars are worth BOOK all day long

It's hard to track that so you're mostly speculating

Currently people are desperate to sell and few people are buying
That’s just your opinion and clearly potential buyers feel differently. I’m not speculating, I sold my M2 last month and had been keeping an eye on the market for months prior. I talked to a lot of different folks about my car/the market, they weren’t willing to pay anywhere near book and I was already priced on the low end of it.

I know y’all love your M2s and think they’re worth ALL the money, but no one is buying used ones without getting a great deal.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2021, 09:32 AM   #24
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdshack View Post
Quote:

That’s just your opinion and clearly potential buyers feel differently. I’m not speculating, I sold my M2 last month and had been keeping an eye on the market for months prior. I talked to a lot of different folks about my car/the market, they weren’t willing to pay anywhere near book and I was already priced on the low end of it.

I know y’all love your M2s and think they’re worth ALL the money, but no one is buying used ones without getting a great deal.
I love following Carmax, and there have been lots of M2s passing through there at a pretty quick pace at prices at or above book. They don't haggle, so it can be used as one reliable pricing data point.

That said, they are typically on the high end, but still, there are people willing to pay
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13119.00
      01-30-2021, 01:20 PM   #25
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:

That's just your opinion and clearly potential buyers feel differently. I'm not speculating, I sold my M2 last month and had been keeping an eye on the market for months prior. I talked to a lot of different folks about my car/the market, they weren't willing to pay anywhere near book and I was already priced on the low end of it.

I know y'all love your M2s and think they're worth ALL the money, but no one is buying used ones without getting a great deal.
Your overrated opinion aside... I didn't buy my M2 to worry about resale value, and it's not for sale anyways

So good luck with your continual evaluation of the ever so lovely M2

01-30-2021, 01:22 PM   #26
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Dodge View Post
Quote:
Quote:

That's just your opinion and clearly potential buyers feel differently. I'm not speculating, I sold my M2 last month and had been keeping an eye on the market for months prior. I talked to a lot of different folks about my car/the market, they weren't willing to pay anywhere near book and I was already priced on the low end of it.

I know y'all love your M2s and think they're worth ALL the money, but no one is buying used ones without getting a great deal.
I love following Carmax, and there have been lots of M2s passing through there at a pretty quick pace at prices at or above book. They don't haggle, so it can be used as one reliable pricing data point.

That said, they are typically on the high end, but still, there are people willing to pay
Absolutely correct ‼️
      01-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #27
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

You can probably buy it and then sell it for a bunch of money because at least in the US they're worth more than what it cost to buy out the lease.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN13119.00
      02-01-2021, 11:58 PM   #28
M2PDX
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineogm2 View Post
my lease on my 2018 lci m2 is also coming to an end in september, buy-back is 35, and in canada they still go for 50+, so tempted to flip it and get into a 2016 m3 or something...but m2 ticks all the boxes
Why in heavens name would you switch from perhaps the most fun BMW in a decade to a 2016 M3 that drives and feels heavier, has terrible steering, sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and is depreciating in value? I couldn't run fast enough away from my 2016 M3.

Keep the M2. It's a much better car.
Appreciate 1
      02-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #29
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Why in heavens name would you switch from perhaps the most fun BMW in a decade to a 2016 M3 that drives and feels heavier, has terrible steering, sounds like a vacuum cleaner, and is depreciating in value? I couldn't run fast enough away from my 2016 M3.

Well...
I would argue the 2016 M3 rides better (thanks to adjustable suspension), has similar steering (well my 2018 M3 felt the same as my 2017 M2), and the depreciation is a lot closer than you think. To me, the 2018 M3 was a much better car than the 2017 M2 (mostly due to the ride).

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/BMW-M2-d2396
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/price-trends/BMW-M3-d390
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 12:15 PM   #30
alpineogm2
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 bmw m2, '91 318is, '03 e46

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2PDX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineogm2 View Post
my lease on my 2018 lci m2 is also coming to an end in september, buy-back is 35, and in canada they still go for 50+, so tempted to flip it and get into a 2016 m3 or something...but m2 ticks all the boxes

i dont have kids (yet) but i plan on it and having an M3 would make things simpler in summer, the s55 *can* sound good with the active autowerks midpipe, and the s55 overall is still a better engin. also because of the deal i got on my m2, it would mean i can hop into an m3, without paying extra. whereas if i judt keep my m2 forever, i will eventually lose all gain/profit i could of had. overall i prefer m2, but i love a sedan ! i would miss the twitchyness of the m2. but i also have an m54b30 e30 for having pure fun
Appreciate 0