BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Summit Main w Audi Club mid-March

02-28-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Summit Main w Audi Club mid-March

Who here is signed up to go? My buddy and I are in the Yellow run group. Hope to see some more M2s out there!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #2
arudeone
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Audi club! See you there. iceboss23 , are you going to be there?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #3
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

I won’t be there, but registration is now 20% off if you use the code Spring2019.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #4
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I won't be there, but registration is now 20% off if you use the code Spring2019.
Good to know. Now go out there and register gents!

Zack - when are you coming out?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 07:12 PM   #5
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Got some priorities to take care of this year, house & paying for a wedding in Maui.

Altho, I’m planning some time on COTA, Autobahn Country Club, BMW PC in SC, and our annual open track day that the BMW PC instructors come out to. Will get you guys some details on all that stuff when it’s narrowed down.

I’ll find an event or two for my M2 beast, but it doesn’t look like I’ll get any time in a race car this year.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Got some priorities to take care of this year, house & paying for a wedding in Maui.

Altho, I'm planning some time on COTA, Autobahn Country Club, BMW PC in SC, and our annual open track day that the BMW PC instructors come out to. Will get you guys some details on all that stuff when it's narrowed down.

I'll find an event or two for my M2 beast, but it doesn't look like I'll get any time in a race car this year.
Sounds like a busy schedule for you and a great wedding trip coming up. Congrats btw! (Went to Maui for our first wedding anniversary).
Appreciate 1
ZM22785.00
      03-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #7
arudeone
Private
Rep

Quote:

Altho, I’m planning some time on COTA, Autobahn Country Club, BMW PC in SC, and our annual open track day that the BMW PC instructors come out to. Will get you guys some details on all that stuff when it’s narrowed down.

I’ll find an event or two for my M2 beast, but it doesn’t look like I’ll get any time in a race car this year.
Boo! I mean, Yay!! for the wedding and house...but boo! for the track. I was interested in seeing the results of all the work you have done on the car. Have you been to Summit or VIR? What kind of improvements did you see?
Appreciate 1
ZM22785.00
      03-12-2019, 01:31 PM   #8
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arudeone View Post
Boo! I mean, Yay!! for the wedding and house...but boo! for the track. I was interested in seeing the results of all the work you have done on the car. Have you been to Summit or VIR? What kind of improvements did you see?
Actually haven’t hit any tracks yet with everything dialed in. That’ll happen later this yr.

My best at Summit Main so far is 1:25s. Stock car with 4S’s.

isjoey is 1:23s, stock with RE-71Rs. He’s gunning for 22s this year, so I should be able to hit that. He’s a hell of a good driver tho!

landapanda beat us both by 0.1-0.2sec at karting, so we’re expecting him in the 21s this year.
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2019, 02:37 PM   #9
arudeone
Private
Rep

Quote:
Actually haven’t hit any tracks yet with everything dialed in. That’ll happen later this yr.

isjoey is 1:23s, stock with RE-71Rs. He’s gunning for 22s this year, so I should be able to hit that. He’s a hell of a good driver tho!

landapanda beat us both by 0.1-0.2sec at karting, so we’re expecting him in the 21s this year.
I'm expecting you to break into the teens with your setup. I was in the 21s last season with tires and pads so, no pressure. IsJoey and I will be hooking up again at the end of the month for PCA hopefully, and will see Landapanda this weekend. Let us know when you can make it out, love to see the car in action.
Appreciate 2
ZM22785.00
M2joey299.50
      03-12-2019, 02:41 PM   #10
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I'm expecting you to break into the teens with your setup. I was in the 21s last season with tires and pads so, no pressure. IsJoey and I will be hooking up again at the end of the month for PCA hopefully, and will see Landapanda this weekend. Let us know when you can make it out, love to see the car in action.
I’ll start visualizing that 1:19.9. May need some slicks.
Appreciate 1
      03-12-2019, 08:31 PM   #11
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

The pressure is on! Won't be as easy throwing the M2 around the corners as it was in the 'bahn, though you can bet your sweet M2 that I'll do my best. This weekend will be my first real test. I ran 1:29.5 fully stock last October. I have new pads, fluid and PS4s, so I am hoping that will be worth at least three seconds. ZM2 here I come!
Appreciate 1
ZM22785.00
      03-13-2019, 09:04 AM   #12
M2joey
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2, 335is, X5 M50i

Quote:
I would love to see an M2 in the teens!

I am busy this weekend with different things. Although, I might drive out to Summit after going to the PCA inspection on Saturday.

My M2 is all ready, MP coilovers on! I just need to make myself ready. I might not drive the first few HPDE although will still attend to help out, etc. I need to get something taken care of. Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 10:37 AM   #13
arudeone
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isjoey View Post
Quote:

I am busy this weekend with different things. Although, I might drive out to Summit after going to the PCA inspection on Saturday.

My M2 is all ready, MP coilovers on! I just need to make myself ready. I might not drive the first few HPDE although will still attend to help out, etc. I need to get something taken care of. Anyway, hope you have a great weekend!
How could you pass up dropping by for some Chez Summit?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2019, 05:22 PM   #14
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by isjoey View Post
Quote:

How could you pass up dropping by for some Chez Summit?
I'll second that!
Appreciate 0