BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2 LCI Australia MY2018

05-24-2018, 08:19 PM   #375
kdia8015
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by papertarget View Post
first time poster in here. Does anyone in melb have a dealer they can recommend for a m2 purchase?

i am in the market now and want to get a good deal. Love the idea of the comp but no way a toy for 120k will fly.
Try Melbourne South BMW, I bought my car from them in April.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 05:43 AM   #376
papertarget
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Lci

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdia8015 View Post
Thanks!

I have signed paperwork today for a 2018 in black. Very pumped to organise delivery date
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 08:30 PM   #377
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Quote:
Thanks!

I have signed paperwork today for a 2018 in black. Very pumped to organise delivery date
Congrats mate, you'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 01:53 AM   #378
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Mineral Gray

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdia8015 View Post
Thanks!

Congratulations. Did you get a good deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:48 AM   #379
papertarget
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumotang View Post
Thanks!

I feel like I did.... sub 90 for black with sunroof
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 05:15 PM   #380
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks!

I think you did.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 08:10 PM   #381
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM M2C

Quote:
Thanks!

Damm, that makes me re-think the deposit I have down on an M2C...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 05:39 AM   #382
oz800r
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhouse View Post
I had been going through the same dilemma for the last few months. As a first time BMW buyer, loved the M2 package and took a punt the M2C would be better so placed a small refundable deposit to give me a slot back in March 18. Melbourne dealer was clear in communication and had seen the car in Germany so i was confident it was the one i wanted. Better interior, liked the photos when they came out and was slightly worried about the sound of the S55 but this wouldn't have been a deal breaker.
Then the sales pricing on the LCI model reported in this forum started to show a drop in the lead up to the EOFY and the gap became significant.
As everyone has said, the Aussie price has not been revealed but based on other countries i assumed the M2C with metallic (HS) paint and a sunroof would be somewhere around $114-$117k with minor dealer discounts.
Armed with information posted here, was able to get a new price around $90k with auto, roof and heated seats and in my preferred mineral grey and a discounted finance rate that will save another $3k+ over 3 years.
All of a sudden, the $25-$28k or 22%+ saving was too much to resist and I have gone for the LCI as well.
The dealer had sold 4 others the same week (seen written up on the sales board whilst i was waiting) but i don't think stock is an issue yet for the old model
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 06:29 AM   #383
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz800r View Post
Quote:
I had been going through the same dilemma for the last few months. As a first time BMW buyer, loved the M2 package and took a punt the M2C would be better so placed a small refundable deposit to give me a slot back in March 18. Melbourne dealer was clear in communication and had seen the car in Germany so i was confident it was the one i wanted. Better interior, liked the photos when they came out and was slightly worried about the sound of the S55 but this wouldn't have been a deal breaker.
Then the sales pricing on the LCI model reported in this forum started to show a drop in the lead up to the EOFY and the gap became significant.
As everyone has said, the Aussie price has not been revealed but based on other countries i assumed the M2C with metallic (HS) paint and a sunroof would be somewhere around $114-$117k with minor dealer discounts.
Armed with information posted here, was able to get a new price around $90k with auto, roof and heated seats and in my preferred mineral grey and a discounted finance rate that will save another $3k+ over 3 years.
All of a sudden, the $25-$28k or 22%+ saving was too much to resist and I have gone for the LCI as well.
The dealer had sold 4 others the same week (seen written up on the sales board whilst i was waiting) but i don't think stock is an issue yet for the old model
Yes a very compelling decision to get the current M2 especially coming up to EOFY. If they still have plenty of stock I think there will be some good deals. Hearing this is making me rethink my position. :
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 06:45 AM   #384
papertarget
Private
Rep

Quote:
Yes a very compelling decision to get the current M2 especially coming up to EOFY. If they still have plenty of stock I think there will be some good deals. Hearing this is making me rethink my position. :
Not that i was in the position to spend 120k on a m2c (minister of finance says no) i did jump from rs3/cla45 to the m2 on the basis that the deals are bloody impressive. I do think the stock is rushing out the door though. I missed two cars with way more options because i stuffed about making a decision.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2018, 07:08 PM   #385
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Not that i was in the position to spend 120k on a m2c (minister of finance says no) i did jump from rs3/cla45 to the m2 on the basis that the deals are bloody impressive. I do think the stock is rushing out the door though. I missed two cars with way more options because i stuffed about making a decision.
Sent you a PM
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:41 AM   #386
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep

After reading the post and talking to papertarget I have now placed an order for the OG 2018 from BMW Melbourne. Got an awesome price for a MG M2. Ended up saving over $30K on what I was going to spend on the M2C. The current M2 is an awesome car and my Minister of Finances is much happier that I spend less money on my Toy.

Plus I get to fly down to Melbourne for the weekend and then drive it back to Sydney.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:56 AM   #387
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

The prices they are doing on M2's now is crazy. I knew resale wouldn't be great, but this is Mitsubishi Magna levels of depreciation lol. Spare a thought for poor souls like myself who paid good money for an LCI late last year.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #388
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
I paid less than $100K a year ago and deliberately had the dealer source a pre LCI as I liked the interior better. BSM and sunroof, wireless charging and black grill.
Don't regret that one minute the car is fantastic and I still enjoy every minute in it...just a shame about our traffic laws on the open road that it cant be driven as it should.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #389
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
The prices they are doing on M2's now is crazy. I knew resale wouldn't be great, but this is Mitsubishi Magna levels of depreciation lol. Spare a thought for poor souls like myself who paid good money for an LCI late last year.
I'm not sure these short term discounts will have any long term affect on the resale value of our cars (unlike the price of the M2C). It does hurt a little seeing these big discounts only 9 months after taking delivery of my car though of course these are for cars already built. Someone like me who wants an optioned manual won't get the same deal
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #390
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Yes I agree. I'm fairly certain values will bounce back a bit shortly as LCI stock runs out and M2C are all still on boats.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 02:50 AM   #391
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
I'm not sure these short term discounts will have any long term affect on the resale value of our cars (unlike the price of the M2C). It does hurt a little seeing these big discounts only 9 months after taking delivery of my car though of course these are for cars already built. Someone like me who wants an optioned manual won't get the same deal
Yup, I was going to ask. I assume these sub 90K deals are on cars that are currently in stock and the dealers want to move before the M2C's come out. I am in the same boat and want a manual which means you basically need to order it, although it would be interesting to know what sort of prices they are doing for M2 orders.

Similarly you can get amazing deals on M3/M4's if you are whiling to take old floor stock. It pains me to know how many people picked up 2017 plated M3's for 119k drive away earlier this year and I really hope none of them were manual.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 05:38 AM   #392
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Yup, I was going to ask. I assume these sub 90K deals are on cars that are currently in stock and the dealers want to move before the M2C's come out. I am in the same boat and want a manual which means you basically need to order it, although it would be interesting to know what sort of prices they are doing for M2 orders.

Similarly you can get amazing deals on M3/M4's if you are whiling to take old floor stock. It pains me to know how many people picked up 2017 plated M3's for 119k drive away earlier this year and I really hope none of them were manual.
You could get lucky & find a Pure version, no good for me as I needed seat lumbar & heating (wife has spinal injury & I a bad back) & wanted a few things you just can not option on the Pure.

I don't know if those M3 Pure $119k deals were DCT or manual, I only know that over last 3 or so years of looking/inquiring I never came across a new in stock/dealer ordered manual M3/M4 or non-Pure M2. I was even asked to pay a higher deposit because I ordered a manual!

Last edited by David.m; 06-12-2018 at 06:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 07:12 AM   #393
bwhouse
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
I only know that over last 3 or so years of looking/inquiring I never came across a new in stock/dealer ordered manual M3/M4 or non-Pure M2. I was even asked to pay a higher deposit because I ordered a manual!
Yup same. I was speaking to a few dealers and most want a higher deposit for a manual order and they say they will never order one as a demo (hence never in stock on the showroom floor) as they aren't popular, which I find shocking but I guess I am in the minority. But I also find it funny that when they get a second-hand manual they all advertise "rare manual" and put a price premium on it
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2018, 01:37 AM   #394
javab0y
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2, 2013 BMW X3 28i

Thanks to this forum I signed up to a DCT, 2018 build, AW, Sunroof and M-Seatbelt options.
Wanted seat heating but could not find one in AW or LBB so settled on this; couldn't argue with the cracker pricing at the moment since that is what M240 RRP is at. Have to have it shipped interstate.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #395
Sumotang
Private
Australia
Rep

Asked the dealer from some pricing on the performance parts and here is the cost if I purchase with the car including GST, LCT and Stamp Duty.

Performance Exhaust $7,667.40
Titanium tips $2,238.66
Carbon Fibre Tips $2,826.30
Rear Spoiler attachment in Carbon Fibre including front side wings and Front Splitter in Carbon Fibre $4,510.90
Rear Diffuser in Carbon Fibre $2,630.42
Carbon Fibre Mirror caps x2 $1,539.00
Black Kidney Grills x2 $783.53
Carbon Fibre Side Skirt pieces x2 $3,132.72

I think these prices are ridiculous. All I think I want is the black kidney grill and the black M2 side logo pice and the black M2 badge even though the last 2 are not even listed. Does anyone know where to get these at a reasonable price?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:36 AM   #396
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

And I thought spending 3.5k for a Amuse R1 Titan full titanium exhaust weighing like 5kgs with the mid pipe was expense for the 350z.

I just don't get these prices. I'm sure the workers don't earn in line with the sell prices.