BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M2C Allocation Question

02-01-2019, 05:31 PM   #45
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Here's the latest:

I found a dealership relatively close to me that is happy to do European Delivery on any allocations they get. It's a small dealership so it might be a while but they said it's likely they'll get at least a couple M2C's this year. They have my deposit and I'm at the top of the list.

Now the long and impatient waiting begins...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #46
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

Salem dealership?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #47
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Medford. But oddly I got an email from Salem yesterday morning asking if I was still looking and I was told they have access to about a dozen cars. It's been crickets after saying I want to do European Delivery.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #48
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Economatic View Post
Here's the latest:

I found a dealership relatively close to me that is happy to do European Delivery on any allocations they get. It's a small dealership so it might be a while but they said it's likely they'll get at least a couple M2C's this year. They have my deposit and I'm at the top of the list.

What is this European Delivery? Do you pick the car up in Germany, do a road trip and have it shipped back to the US?
      02-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #49
MyBimmer328
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
Quote:
Here's the latest:

What is this European Delivery? Do you pick the car up in Germany, do a road trip and have it shipped back to the US?
Exactly. I'll be doing this in April and am literally counting down the days...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #50
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBimmer328 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the latest:

Tell me about it. I get mine in just under a month and will be taking it on a road trip to Germany in April also.

So what is the shipping cost to get your car to the US?
      02-02-2019, 05:31 PM   #51
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Here's the latest:

Tell me about it. I get mine in just under a month and will be taking it on a road trip to Germany in April also.

Zero. They ship it for free. Also you get 5 percent off MSRP.
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      02-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #52
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll keep an eye out for an new M2C when I go Spokane.

Quote:

I'm not sure what you have available in the UK but this is the program in the US. https://www.bmwusa.com/european-delivery.html

I think BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes all have similar programs but Audi recently discontinued theirs.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #53
McSmash
Enlisted Member
Rep

Anybody in the Bay Area looking for a 2020 MY production number? Just got word that a guy named Anthony Bhatti at Valley BMW has one. PM me for his cell or just call their main line.

Edit: Apparently it's going into production this week, so if someone wants a customizable car quickly, this is the answer.

Last edited by McSmash; 02-12-2019 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 04:58 PM   #54
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Medford. But oddly I got an email from Salem yesterday morning asking if I was still looking and I was told they have access to about a dozen cars. It's been crickets after saying I want to do European Delivery.
A dozen M2comps? I got mine from that dealership and they aren't high volume.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 06:23 PM   #55
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
A dozen M2comps? I got mine from that dealership and they aren't high volume.
A salesperson said he has "access" to a dozen M2C's so I was guessing that means the possibility of a dealer trade. Maybe because they're part of Lithia? Who knows, I didn't hear from them again after saying I want to do European Delivery.

The good news is I got a call on Friday regarding the deposit I put down saying I'll be getting an allocation with an April production date. Perhaps I won't be waiting very long after all...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 05:57 AM   #56
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
A salesperson said he has "access" to a dozen M2C's so I was guessing that means the possibility of a dealer trade. Maybe because they're part of Lithia? Who knows, I didn't hear from them again after saying I want to do European Delivery.

The good news is I got a call on Friday regarding the deposit I put down saying I'll be getting an allocation with an April production date. Perhaps I won't be waiting very long after all...
Sounds like the car will be ready at a good time for ED, and likely back in Oregon for the summer. Not shabby!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 06:32 AM   #57
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

Portland BMW has a HS M2C on their site right now that they actually bothered to photograph. Doesn't look like it has a moon roof (which you wanted?) but considering they took pics of it, it might actually be available.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2019, 05:46 PM   #58
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Sounds like the car will be ready at a good time for ED, and likely back in Oregon for the summer. Not shabby

Portland BMW has a HS M2C on their site right now that they actually bothered to photograph. Doesn't look like it has a moon roof (which you wanted?) but considering they took pics of it, it might actually be available.
I know! The timing should be about perfect but I haven't received confirmation yet so I'm not getting my hopes up. No complaints here if the car gets built anytime before October.

I've known about that HS M2C for a while--it's one of they cars they were planning to do a $5k markup but they were give me a special deal of MSRP with a meh trade-in amount. It even has $60 phone cables included!!!
I almost did it but backed out at the last minute and pissed off SA quite nicely. Oh well.
Appreciate 1
bri10425757.00
      02-14-2019, 05:20 AM   #59
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep

That explains the slightly odd price on it. Phone cables (uh...) and the M Performance floor mats. That sounds about the same as the last time I attempted to deal with them (almost bought a manual M3 once).
Appreciate 1
      03-18-2019, 04:44 PM   #60
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

FedEx delivered a new level of M2C excitement today...

The ordering process has been so informal so I had my doubts it was even going to happen. May 9th delivery date confirmed!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 03:43 AM   #61
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
FedEx delivered a new level of M2C excitement today...

The ordering process has been so informal so I had my doubts it was even going to happen. May 9th delivery date confirmed!
lol i just got mine today too. the luggage tags are nice
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2019, 09:26 PM   #62
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
What's your delivery date?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 12:17 AM   #63
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku7 View Post
What's your delivery date?
Mine is a long way. Pick up July 1st. Goes into production end of June
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 09:23 AM   #64
Economatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

European Delivery success!

Well...sort of. I posted this in a couple threads (e.g. here) so I won't go into the details here but my car got caught up in the knee airbag recall and stop delivery so I got to see my car at the Welt but couldn't drive it. It wasn't a big deal at all and BMW took care of me by giving us an M140i to rent while in Europe.

Oddly, I didn't get many pictures of the car. It was probably because I was too excited and I thought my wife was taking pictures but here it is.

And yes, Alpine White with a moonroof. I was on the fence between AW and HS but really wasn't excited about any colors so I figured white is a nice classic M car color. And if I'm disappointed later I can get it wrapped in a color I really want. Besides, my STi is silver and my wife's 4Runner is cement so I figured 3 gray/silver cars would be excessive.

I probably wouldn't have done the moonroof if a CF roof option were available but I do like the open feeling of a moonroof. Besides the weight doesn't really matter for me anyway since this car won't see a lot of track time and even if it doesn't I won't be focused on shaving fractions of seconds from lap times.

And here's the M140i rental were were given since I couldn't take the M2C. What a great little car, wish these were sold in the US.

And how about a double rainbow in Munich?

Appreciate 3
cptobvious2531.50
Tornado1M1207.50
TProfit81.50