BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > IND | F87 M2 BMW M Performance Rear Diffuser DIY

02-14-2024, 10:15 PM   #67
MSH_
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C

Does anyone happen to know the correct part # for the plastic pop rivets? I busted a few trying to push the pins back in after installing the M Performance diffuser so I said screw it, threw them out, and figured I'd run down to BMW and get 6 new ones. Through my search I thought it was 51118174185 but the circumference of that one is actually larger than the original ones. I went back to the local BMW dealer today to try and have the parts guy bring up the schematic and it seems their damn schematics don't even list the pop rivets. The parts guy did his best to search for something close but no luck. Anyone end up replacing these and have a part #?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 09:17 PM   #68
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Just installed my M Performance diffuser today. Had a bit of a tough time on the 3rd clip from the outboard sides of the diffuser. From what I gathered, one key thing is to remove the two plastic inserts, that seems to fall out for most people, before trying to pull the clips out. I believe those two parts prevent the clips on the diffuser from flexing and pulling out. Once I pulled the two pieces out, the job was easy.

Center clips came out by pulling rearward swiftly and carefully pressing one the clips with a plastic trim removal tool.

Hope this helps other, as I haven't seen good documentation on what those two plastic inserts do. The new diffuser didn't need them, as the carbon clips were much larger and thicker.
Appreciate 0