BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > New Owner Track Days

10-19-2020, 05:08 PM   #1
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

New Owner Track Days

I saw this mentioned in another sub-forum, but every new 2020 vehicle purchase qualifies the owner to participate at a New Owner Track Day event either in the SC or CA BMW Performance Center. My wife and I just completed that event today and it was an absolute blast. The experience was about 2 hours and included the BMW off-road course, which was surprisingly awesome. The picture below is of my wife driving. I think I caught her right at the moment she was sure her vehicle was about to roll.

We also had track time in a Z4 M40i (OK, but not as responsive as the other options), an M2C, M4 (like the M2 with a couple sand bags in the trunk), and X5M. Each were a blast and they let us do 4 laps in each vehicle, erstwhile encouraging us to hit the gas harder and “stand on the brakes” entering the corners... things I would not be so apt to do in my own car.

The day ended with a hot-lap with a professional driver (and our instructor) in an M5C. We’re both still smelling like burnt tires, even after a local hike at Table Rock.

Tl;dr. Do the track day event, even if you’re doing PCD.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ADDONE230.00
f87kevin119.00
iBurble99.00
      10-21-2020, 02:41 PM   #2
keylime503
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, Audi A4 Avant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
hit the gas harder and “stand on the brakes” entering the corners... things I would not be so apt to do in my own car.
You guys don't do that in your own cars? Oops...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #3
lsk5013
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition - AW

Is this experience the same as the “BMW 101 Experience”? Local dealership is offering this as a way to get me to buy a M2C on the lot versus building one and waiting for PCD? Just curious as it sounds worth it.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:37 PM   #4
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsk5013 View Post
Is this experience the same as the “BMW 101 Experience”? Local dealership is offering this as a way to get me to buy a M2C on the lot versus building one and waiting for PCD? Just curious as it sounds worth it.
I don’t know, I haven’t heard of that. This was located at the PCD though and is basically an abbreviated version of PCD. We left the facility when the new owner deliveries were about to begin. Really, any excuse to visit the Perf Center is worth it.
Appreciate 0