BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Official M2 / M2 Competition Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

02-20-2020, 08:05 PM   #133
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Got an offer from a dealer for MY20: 6sp, HS, Executive package plus semi-frivolous add-ons like CF mirror caps, steel pedals and full frivolous add-one like wheel locks, all weather floor mats, floating hub caps and first aid kit. MSRP: $63.4K

Accounting for all TTL it will be OTD: $59.5K. Have 20 miles so far, put about 5 miles myself during the test drive. Also they're flying me to their dealer to pick up the car.

I originally want to do a build because I wanted a moonroof and maybe LBB. But this seems pretty decent.
      02-22-2020, 09:11 AM   #134
Thisisthecarguy
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan GTS, BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Got an offer from a dealer for MY20: 6sp, HS, Executive package plus semi-frivolous add-ons like CF mirror caps, steel pedals and full frivolous add-one like wheel locks, all weather floor mats, floating hub caps and first aid kit. MSRP: $63.4K

Accounting for all TTL it will be OTD: $59.5K. Have 20 miles so far, put about 5 miles myself during the test drive. Also they're flying me to their dealer to pick up the car.

I originally want to do a build because I wanted a moonroof and maybe LBB. But this seems pretty decent.
What is the selling price before dealer fees and TTL so we can compare apples to apples
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 09:16 AM   #135
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisthecarguy View Post
Quote:

What is the selling price before dealer fees and TTL so we can compare apples to apples
I assumed what I think are appropriate dealer fees (from experience) and looked up registration, etc. My tax rate is 6%. So with destination, it looks to be around $56.1K, excluding TTL.

I often times just deal with OTD figure with those parameters in mind.

By the way, do everyone's OTD number include financing interests? My dealer will only give me this price if I finance through BMWFS. I plan to pay it all after 4 payments. But will have an additional $213 in interest.
      03-04-2020, 01:00 PM   #136
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated for March -- no program rate changes.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:57 PM   #137
ZedPlays
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428 xDrive

I have a CA in Chicago area doing 7-8% off order and in stock. Is this a good deal? Hes been super awesome but not sure if I can get it for cheaper.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 06:26 PM   #138
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedPlays View Post
I have a CA in Chicago area doing 7-8% off order and in stock. Is this a good deal? Hes been super awesome but not sure if I can get it for cheaper.
That is a decent deal. But I would expect order to have less discount than in stock. Regardless, I would push for 10% off
      03-05-2020, 08:22 PM   #139
Kazhul
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp / 2005 330i ZHP

Garage List
Just bought M2C in florida

Shopping on-line for two weeks and picked up a 2020 M2C in blue, with exec pkg and DCT for 58696 —out the door for 62500 and shipped to 757. Dealer was really great. also shopped at the end of the month and great financing thru BMW.

Last edited by Kazhul; 03-05-2020 at 08:27 PM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 09:23 AM   #140
ZedPlays
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428 xDrive

Quote:
That is a decent deal. But I would expect order to have less discount than in stock. Regardless, I would push for 10% off
Spoke to 5-6 different dealers, most came back at 5-6% and he did 7-8%. He said it doesn't matter if I order it or not. Pricing will be the same. "Why settle for whats on the ground if you're spending this much money" is what he said and its true!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 09:26 AM   #141
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedPlays View Post
Quote:
Spoke to 5-6 different dealers, most came back at 5-6% and he did 7-8%. He said it doesn't matter if I order it or not. Pricing will be the same. "Why settle for whats on the ground if you're spending this much money" is what he said and its true!
I agree to that. If it's the same price, no brained for me to do a custom order, ensuring I get the exact spec I want. Also, I really like doing the performance center delivery, so even more of a reason for me to order.

Let us know what you end up deciding and your spec!
      03-13-2020, 06:52 AM   #142
JCZ5
Major
Rep

In these economic times, I'm curious to see how pricing will play out in a month or two.

IMO, the new norm to shoot for is at least 10% off MSRP.
      03-17-2020, 07:32 AM   #143
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Here is another data point on how these economic times seriously affect dealers.

As you can see from earlier posts, I turned down an offer right before the outbreak for $59.5K OTD with the dealer willing to fly me down to pick up the car.

Yesterday, I got a call from the same dealer saying they will ship the car to me if I'm still interested. Keep in mind, shipping the car to me will cost around $1K or more.

So I strongly urge people to purchase out of state if their surrounding areas are unwilling to negotiate. And also take advantage of fringe benefits like having the car shipped to you on the dealers dime. Happy hunting!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2020, 08:37 PM   #144
23109VC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5

Garage List
I'm looking at either an M2C or an M4. which cars do you think they are discounting more right now? or can you get similar discounts on either?

the M4s are more expensive MSRP but are also an older model - so not sure if they might deal harder on these and you could get one for a similar deal?

what kind of discounts would you expect now on either car? 10% off MSRP? or more?

i'm wondering with the whole COVID-19 crisis that people simply are NOT buying cars, lots of people losing jobs and car like these are not moving like they have been so dealers may be willing to negotiate a lot more and come down on selling prices.

thanks for any input!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 09:47 PM   #145
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

any inputs on the used market? what kind of discounts can I asked for from the dealers list price?
and should I do deals now or wait another month or 2?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:43 AM   #146
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

I received a 5% discount right off the bat on a brand new M2C and I'm waiting to see if there are any April incentives/rebates because of COVID. I think it all depends on how this progresses, it's all unknown and if it does continue on this path, May/June may be even better. I think dealerships are hungry for deals but I don't think they are desperate. I also could be completely wrong here too. If the deal makes sense for you and your budget, do it. If not, hold out for what you think is a good deal for you.
      04-02-2020, 09:18 AM   #147
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebisu8 View Post
I received a 5% discount right off the bat on a brand new M2C and I'm waiting to see if there are any April incentives/rebates because of COVID. I think it all depends on how this progresses, it's all unknown and if it does continue on this path, May/June may be even better. I think dealerships are hungry for deals but I don't think they are desperate. I also could be completely wrong here too. If the deal makes sense for you and your budget, do it. If not, hold out for what you think is a good deal for you.
I think you should definitely ask for more than 5%, even before any April incentives. You can get 5% no problem even 5 months ago in the northeast.
      04-02-2020, 09:26 AM   #148
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

Quote:
Quote:
I think you should definitely ask for more than 5%, even before any April incentives. You can get 5% no problem even 5 months ago in the northeast.
I was talking to a dealer yesterday on a CPO car and they told me theres very little wiggle room on the price as their prices are listed to sale. Obv during these unprecedented times things are different.
so I'm not sure what my next move should be, I really like the actually car they have and would hate to lose it but again with COVID I think I should gamble and wait. thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 09:52 AM   #149
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

Quote:
I asked for 10%...we'll see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMAZIN View Post
I was talking to a dealer yesterday on a CPO car and they told me theres very little wiggle room on the price as their prices are listed to sale. Obv during these unprecedented times things are different.
so I'm not sure what my next move should be, I really like the actually car they have and would hate to lose it but again with COVID I think I should gamble and wait. thoughts?
Just got a message from them saying that March "incentives" got extended through 4/5 and we should know what the new ones will be 4/6.

I find it very hard to believe that they don't know what the April ones are before they are officially announced. Maybe they do and that's why my guy told me to wait. I've waited this long, whats another few days...
      04-02-2020, 12:33 PM   #150
23109VC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

I find it very hard to believe that they don't know what the April ones are before they are officially announced. Maybe they do and that's why my guy told me to wait. I've waited this long, whats another few days...
Maybe they're trying to figure out what kind of incentives to offer to tailor to the current situation? instead of massive price drops, I'm wondering we will more likely see really aggressive financing deals? some kind of cash thrown into the deals to get incredibly low APRs...

we will see soon. I still think they will also deal more on the bottom line. yes they can't lose money on them, but they have to move them.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 12:42 PM   #151
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:

Maybe they're trying to figure out what kind of incentives to offer to tailor to the current situation? instead of massive price drops, I'm wondering we will more likely see really aggressive financing deals? some kind of cash thrown into the deals to get incredibly low APRs...

we will see soon. I still think they will also deal more on the bottom line. yes they can't lose money on them, but they have to move them.
Well BMW has added additional trunk money for each vehicle sold. So dealers can "lose" money if they can move certain vehicles out of their lot.

Keep in mind the cost to actually have a car on lot each month and other factors. The pricing model can change drastically at areas a you don't expect.
      04-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #152
23109VC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well BMW has added additional trunk money for each vehicle sold. So dealers can "lose" money if they can move certain vehicles out of their lot.

Keep in mind the cost to actually have a car on lot each month and other factors. The pricing model can change drastically at areas a you don't expect.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What kind of discounts do you think we can expect ?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #153
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well back at the end of Feb/ early March, so right before we realized how bad Covid was going to be. Best offer I got was 11% (plus $500 to fly me down to pick up the car) and worst offer was 6%.

Now that we're amidst the crisis. I would want at least 11%. Quick search on Autotrader and there are 312 new M2 competitions in the US.

The longer you wait, the more dealers are inclined to work with you. Now before someone says it is immoral to push dealers on deals at a time like this. Let's not forget, the dealers also have a voice on whether they want to take the deal or not. And all dealers have a spreadsheet (at least the smart ones) that takes into account of all cost levers, so they can easily see what number they need to hit in order to continue their operations.

Now caveat, dealer operating costs have also gone down due to furloughing their workforce. That is why I'm not saying people can get 20% off. But 11% or so right now is doable.

Good luck!
      04-02-2020, 01:12 PM   #154
23109VC
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well back at the end of Feb/ early March, so right before we realized how bad Covid was going to be. Best offer I got was 11% (plus $500 to fly me down to pick up the car) and worst offer was 6%.

Now that we're amidst the crisis. I would want at least 11%. Quick search on Autotrader and there are 312 new M2 competitions in the US.

The longer you wait, the more dealers are inclined to work with you. Now before someone says it is immoral to push dealers on deals at a time like this. Let's not forget, the dealers also have a voice on whether they want to take the deal or not. And all dealers have a spreadsheet (at least the smart ones) that takes into account of all cost levers, so they can easily see what number they need to hit in order to continue their operations.

Now caveat, dealer operating costs have also gone down due to furloughing their workforce. That is why I'm not saying people can get 20% off. But 11% or so right now is doable.

Good luck!
If only the residuals were higher in the M2! Leasing one seems difficult to justify ... residuals on an M4 or near 60% but only 52-53% on an M2...
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00