BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > BMW Ultimate Care Scheduled and Ultimate Care Oil Services

05-19-2021, 05:46 PM   #1
5150d
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

BMW Ultimate Care Scheduled and Ultimate Care Oil Services

Just reading my BMW CCA magazine and saw an ad for "BMW Ultimate Care Oil Services" 3 years for $199. --> Starts in year 5. Sounds like a great deal. My M2C is 2020 and has only 8000 miles. I put about 4000 miles per year.

Got me thinking. Seems like this is a good deal but I think it says you need to be 5 years out to sign up. I would like to sign up now to lock in pricing.

So, I got on the web and BMW says you can purchase "BMW Scheduled Services" for 5 years (which is an additional 2 years after the 3 included years standard) for $899.

My services would be conducted annually as I don't put on enough mileage.

QUESTION: Has anyone purchased "Scheduled Services" and can you get a discount off the $899 MSRP? Also, can I just purchase, in advance, the Oil Services for years 5-8 now for $199?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #2
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

The rub is you need that additional scheduled services plan (or equivalent ucare+) to bridge the default 3/36 coverage and get you to 5/60:

"The BMW Ultimate Care Oil Services plan includes unlimited oil and oil filter changes for three years for $199.00 plus taxes and disposal fees where applicable. Unlimited oil services included are based upon the associated BMW vehicle Condition Based Service (CBS) system. Available for all BMW vehicles that have reached 60 months or 60,000 miles and have no current Ultimate Care+ coverage. Plan is available for purchase once BMW vehicle has reached 54 months and has current BMW Ultimate Care Scheduled or BMW Ultimate Care+2 coverage. All work is carried out by BMW Trained Technicians using Original BMW Parts, which come with a two-year unlimited mileage limited warranty. Warranty repairs do not constitute an extension of the original limited warranty period for the vehicle or a part thereof. "

And then as you point out, who knows what they'll actually be charging for it in a couple years or if it will still even exist, as they try and service option customers to death, with this that and the other.
Appreciate 0