BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2 LCI Australia MY2018

10-23-2017, 05:59 AM   #221
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Had my 1st service done this morning After 1 month of ownership I really couldn't be happier with the car. In a perfect world adaptive suspension might reduce complaints from my wife about the ride and a lower centre console allow gear changes without my elbow hitting her arm resting on the console
I've come to like the look of the oem rear diffuser (though have not seen the M Perf in real life) and will likely stay with the standard exhaust (cold start already wakes the neighbours!), might look for some brushed finish tips but no bigger than the standard 70mm.

So far my driving has been almost exclusively in Sport mode (I have the flaps open permanently via Bimmerlink), this afternoon I tried Sport + for a while and found it gave smoother gear changes particularly 1st to 2nd (which I had found I had to concentrate on to get smooth if not short shifting). This car just makes you feel good all the time, whether driving it or just reminding yourself that it is parked in your garage
Appreciate 2
V.Smurf163.00
      10-23-2017, 06:24 AM   #222
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav_au View Post
Hi Nick,

I actually just signed up with virgin money for $1050/ year fully comp. That was for $1100 excess and NCD rating 1 protection- was cheaper if I took that off.

My main points were choice of repairer and new for old replacement- which virgin has both (2 years/ 40k km new for old).

NRMA was next best around $1450-1500 if you included choice of repairer (they make you pay extra for this now...).

Suncorp (GIO)/ Allianz etc were all in the mid 2.5's etc. Note I am in QLD and insurance seems to be much cheaper up here than in Vic/NSW.

Bring on Thursday!!!
There are a lot of bad reviews for Virgin Money car insurance. They are very cheap, a quote I just did came back at $1028 ($950 excess), my NRMA policy cost me $1700 (with $2k excess, 65%ncb + 25% loyalty discount). 3 other companies quoted $2.2 to 2.5k with max ncb. I only say this as the Virgin price is too good to be true, happy to take your money but will they be so helpful if they have to pay?
when I read the reviews they were pretty similar to all other insurers. you get happy and unhappy customers with most. time will tell. my policy restricts all drivers to over 30 years so that could also be why. I'm with them now but have 21 days in which I can cancel with no penalty so will keep it in mind. touch wood I have made zero claims in my 15 years of driving but when you need them is when you want them to be good.
Appreciate 1
JLX70.50
      10-23-2017, 06:14 PM   #223
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT (LCI) | X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
There are a lot of bad reviews for Virgin Money car insurance. .... I only say this as the Virgin price is too good to be true, happy to take your money but will they be so helpful if they have to pay?
I've been a Virgin customer who has made a claim (my X6 developed a crack in the windscreen and as it had an HUD, it was a $3k job to replace it) and my experience is that they could not have been more helpful. They were so obliging when I called - the lady put me on hold and rang around to see what pricing she could get for a windscreen on the chance that it would be less than my excess ... and when she couldn't find one, proceeded with the claim, authorising it immediately and booking the appointment for the windscreen to be replaced.

When it was all done, they called to confirm that I was happy with the work. I've actually never had such good service

In the case of my M2, they're $700 more expensive than RACV, so I'm switching ... but the X6 remains insured with them.

Quote:
you get happy and unhappy customers with most. time will tell.
Well, I'm happy The unfortunate thing with insurance, as I have found out with QBE, is that you only ever determine the value when you make a claim. I'd never insure with QBE or any insurer that uses them as underwriter ... and that's based on experience!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 07:06 PM   #224
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Had my 1st service done this morning After 1 month of ownership I really couldn't be happier with the car.
Wonderful - this is what ownership should be about.

Quote:
...I've come to like the look of the oem rear diffuser (though have not seen the M Perf in real life) and will likely stay with the standard exhaust (cold start already wakes the neighbours!)...
I've already purchased the M-P Rear Diffuser (its sitting in my garage): I like shinny stuff that gleams, so things like chrome are fine ... the finish on the standard diffuser seemed to want for more I saw elsewhere on the board someone who'd painted the diffuser in gloss black and I thought that looked pretty good ...

... and I'm with you on the exhaust. I think its a step too far if I get the MPE. The the standard exhaust is pretty loud already!

Quote:
This car just makes you feel good all the time, whether driving it or just reminding yourself that it is parked in your garage
Thank you for sharing David.m - I really appreciated this (and all the other advice you've offered)! Wonderful to be able to enjoy the car so thoroughly.

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 12:05 AM   #225
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Smurf
Quote:
There are a lot of bad reviews for Virgin Money car insurance. .... I only say this as the Virgin price is too good to be true, happy to take your money but will they be so helpful if they have to pay?
I've been a Virgin customer who has made a claim (my X6 developed a crack in the windscreen and as it had an HUD, it was a $3k job to replace it) and my experience is that they could not have been more helpful. They were so obliging when I called - the lady put me on hold and rang around to see what pricing she could get for a windscreen on the chance that it would be less than my excess ... and when she couldn't find one, proceeded with the claim, authorising it immediately and booking the appointment for the windscreen to be replaced.

When it was all done, they called to confirm that I was happy with the work. I've actually never had such good service

In the case of my M2, they're $700 more expensive than RACV, so I'm switching ... but the X6 remains insured with them.

Quote:
you get happy and unhappy customers with most. time will tell.
Well, I'm happy The unfortunate thing with insurance, as I have found out with QBE, is that you only ever determine the value when you make a claim. I'd never insure with QBE or any insurer that uses them as underwriter ... and that's based on experience!
Smurf thanks for that! Good to hear some real world feedback. I'll be sticking with them for now on the back of that feedback. 500 a year savings isn't anything to sneeze at and every penny helps me at this stage.

I'm getting pretty pumped for Thursday now I must admit.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 01:24 AM   #226
JLX
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 F87 M2 DCT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Smurf thanks for that! Good to hear some real world feedback. I'll be sticking with them for now on the back of that feedback. 500 a year savings isn't anything to sneeze at and every penny helps me at this stage.

I'm getting pretty pumped for Thursday now I must admit.
keep us updated!
      10-24-2017, 02:37 AM   #227
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Using the Bimmerlink app I did some comparisons with ASD on & off (of course this is for the LCI) and driving in normal suburban traffic & with windows up to minimise interference from outside. In Comfort mode it was really hard to detect any ASD boost at all, on a freeway at steady revs might be different but it would only be minor. Certainly city/suburban driving with window down ASD adds nothing in Comfort mode. Switching to Sport/Sport+ the ASD is obvious, so at least initially you should be able to decide your preference for ASD on/off just switching between comfort/sport.

I also tested for the reported hissing with ASD coded off rather using the bypass harness. I played some music via bluetooth with the volume right up between tracks and could not hear any noise of any kind from the speakers (did both engine on & off). Either this issue doesn't affect LCI or the Bimmerlink app.

I now prefer driving in Sport+, if I could just find a way to turn off the annoying orange 'DSC off' light in the dash!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 05:09 AM   #228
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI

My dealer sent me a sneak peak of my car.

Used my iPhone photo edit app to highlight the tyre and I'm pretty sure I scored Michelin's!

I am due to pick it up tomorrow afternoon!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 06:41 PM   #229
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

Congrats to all you guys who are picking your cars up soon, the wait is almost over.

Make sure you all post up pics.
Appreciate 1
V.Smurf163.00
      10-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #230
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Congrats to all you guys who are picking your cars up soon, the wait is almost over.

Make sure you all post up pics.
Thanks Prodigy, and thank you also for the advice and suggestions you've made as I've had to cool my feet awaiting delivery.

I'm booked in for this Friday ... in the interim, here's some pix of my baby with her shoes off.

It was my first time to see LBB in the flesh (and close up): its an incredibly rich, deep colour ... that changed depending on how much light was reflecting onto it. I particularly love the green that emerged as I walked around the car
Appreciate 1
Prodigy.697.50
      10-25-2017, 01:40 AM   #231
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Collected in the rain... damn you melbourne!
Attached Images

Last edited by kab_m2; 10-25-2017 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 4
Prodigy.697.50
V.Smurf163.00
Aust350z243.00
      10-25-2017, 01:58 AM   #232
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

yeehaw kab! well done! mine is scheduled for tomorrow. my finance is only just getting settled now however the payment instructions from the dealer state they won't release a vehicle until the funds are cleared in the account. I hope that can happen. I'll have a sizeable chunk in balance paid by bank cheque tomorrow so surely they couldn't be such asshole to hold me back on that. after all they never even contacted me about delivery I had to ring them the day prior to the ship actually landing in Brisbane. I'll chuck a fit if they don't let me take the car!
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 03:23 AM   #233
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
yeehaw kab! well done! mine is scheduled for tomorrow. my finance is only just getting settled now however the payment instructions from the dealer state they won't release a vehicle until the funds are cleared in the account. I hope that can happen. I'll have a sizeable chunk in balance paid by bank cheque tomorrow so surely they couldn't be such asshole to hold me back on that. after all they never even contacted me about delivery I had to ring them the day prior to the ship actually landing in Brisbane. I'll chuck a fit if they don't let me take the car!
Don't get me started on finance. It was a bloody nightmare. It was seriously easier to buy a house then organise a loan for this car. Good luck with it
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 04:33 AM   #234
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2
Quote:
Don't get me started on finance. It was a bloody nightmare. It was seriously easier to buy a house then organise a loan for this car. Good luck with it
damn! mine was pretty easy in the end. Not much to it. the process was pretty straightforward and easy. did you go with BMW finance? I went with a broker who is sponsor of the m Facebook group and it was pretty much seamless. From start to finish 3 business days. settled this afternoon and funds should be in the dealers bank account tonight. how is the car?! I'm only getting really excited in the last few days because all the organising last minute has come together well.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2017, 05:54 AM   #235
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2
Quote:
damn! mine was pretty easy in the end. Not much to it. the process was pretty straightforward and easy. did you go with BMW finance? I went with a broker who is sponsor of the m Facebook group and it was pretty much seamless. From start to finish 3 business days. settled this afternoon and funds should be in the dealers bank account tonight. how is the car?! I'm only getting really excited in the last few days because all the organising last minute has come together well.
Yeah BMW Finance. Terrible to deal with but I wanted Full Circle so had no choice.

The car is awesome. Coming from a m135i I can safely say it's a proper upgrade.

I can't get a real sense of the engine yet as I'm trying to keep it under 5krpm but initially it definitely seems faster than my old car but not as much as I though. Also the gearing from 2nd to 3rd seems too long. At 60km 2nd seems too low but 3rd too high and can't get any torque. With the ZF in the m135i 60km was perfect on 3rd- right in the heart of the torque curve without being uncomfortably high in rpm :

Hopefully the car will open up more and once first service is done I can go WOT and see what it's like then. Tuning is always an option but not my preference
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 12:04 AM   #236
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Sucks to be me! I'm meant to be picking the car up in an hour and Brisbane and SE QLD has a massive storm warning for a super cell with large hail.

I decided to err on the side of caution and push delivery till 8am tomorrow. better safe than sorry I reckon!

Car is booked for aero bits tomorrow so will drive it from.the dealer straight to rencal workshop!
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 01:51 AM   #237
nick_stp
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 17' M2 LCI, 21' X4 M40

Dealer just sent me this today, ready for pick up Saturday And Michelin for me
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
kab_m2114.50
V.Smurf163.00
David.m437.00
      10-26-2017, 03:33 AM   #238
Oxymoron
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LCI MGM

Had my car on the dyno already. I did the full on run in procedure with my e90 M3. And the engine siezed after 40000km anyway. So normal driving from the start for me. Much more fun! Haha

296.6hp atw was the result.

Catless DP, Wagner Evo 2 Comp. Intercooler and charge pipes go on tomorrow. Followed by a custom tune.

I'm expecting around 340hp after all that. Will be done on the same dyno.

No pics yet sorry. Need to reactivate my Intercooler account.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 04:17 AM   #239
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron
Had my car on the dyno already. I did the full on run in procedure with my e90 M3. And the engine siezed after 40000km anyway. So normal driving from the start for me. Much more fun! Haha

296.6hp atw was the result.

Catless DP, Wagner Evo 2 Comp. Intercooler and charge pipes go on tomorrow. Followed by a custom tune.

I'm expecting around 340hp after all that. Will be done on the same dyno.

No pics yet sorry. Need to reactivate my Intercooler account.
Nice! don't think I'll be so brave whilst still under warranty but really looking forward to your results. who are you having do all the work?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2017, 09:19 PM   #240
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Paint protection done and the car looking amazing! So glad I got the LBB![IMG][/IMG]
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
V.Smurf163.00
PASHN85.00
      10-26-2017, 09:41 PM   #241
jav_au
Private First Class
Rep

I got Michelins! yay! car currently getting carbon bits and black bits
Appreciate 1
JLX70.50
      10-26-2017, 10:17 PM   #242
V.Smurf
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
Paint protection done and the car looking amazing! So glad I got the LBB![IMG][/IMG]
Nice kab_m2 ...

... I only saw the colour in person last week when I went to pick up the tyres for detailing, and it really is an amazing colour. I love the depth that is there, and how the colour changes with the angle of light.

I pick mine up in a couple of hours (its been having some mods done), and then its a week of further mods ahead to get it exactly how I like it
Appreciate 0