BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Allocations for October / November/ December (U.S.)

09-28-2016, 06:55 PM   #243
ss2mike
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

A dealer recently contacted me about an allocation. She emailed me if I wanted to get in on it now I would have to put down a $5k deposit down...production would begin in oct and the vehicle would arrive December. My follow up question was if that 5k deposit would go toward the vehicle or if it was just to reserve the vehicle..she never answered.How does this stuff allocation stuff work? never had to deal with something like this.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:02 PM   #244
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss2mike View Post
A dealer recently contacted me about an allocation. She emailed me if I wanted to get in on it now I would have to put down a $5k deposit down...production would begin in oct and the vehicle would arrive December. My follow up question was if that 5k deposit would go toward the vehicle or if it was just to reserve the vehicle..she never answered.How does this stuff allocation stuff work? never had to deal with something like this.
My dealer said the same thing, but he required 7.5k. It was explicit, though, that this was a downpayment on the car, and the copy of the order I received showed a 7.5k credit.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:19 PM   #245
ss2mike
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi

awesome. thanks for the reply BruceM. Maybe I should head down there tomorrow
Appreciate 1
BruceM984.50
      09-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #246
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Ok, now this is going to sound totally unconnected, but what is a Vehicle Inquiry Report and how do I get one?

Looks like you and I, in any event, are probably in the same boat, so to speak, on timing of production, at least.
Hey Bruce, the Vehicle Inquiry Report is essentially the order form that was generated by my CA when I went down to the dealer and put my order in, earlier this week. it's the document that has your Production Number on it. if you look on page 1 of the "BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking Your BMW" that's here in the M2 Pricing and Ordering section, you'll see a photo of one.

Let me know if you cant find it and I'll text you a photo of mine. I didn't get to leave the dealer with the form, but I did get to snap a photo of it before leaving.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #247
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

just found out my middle of October build actually started today. This thing is going to be here by the end of November! AHHHH!
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 08:02 PM   #248
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23
just found out my middle of October build actually started today. This thing is going to be here by the end of November! AHHHH!
What week were you originally scheduled for?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 08:17 PM   #249
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Hey Bruce, the Vehicle Inquiry Report is essentially the order form that was generated by my CA when I went down to the dealer and put my order in, earlier this week. it's the document that has your Production Number on it. if you look on page 1 of the "BIMMERPOST Guide to Ordering and Tracking Your BMW" that's here in the M2 Pricing and Ordering section, you'll see a photo of one.

Let me know if you cant find it and I'll text you a photo of mine. I didn't get to leave the dealer with the form, but I did get to snap a photo of it before leaving.
Ah, ok. That is a one-time, static document, right? Yes I have that one, and at the time it was generated, my status was described on the report as 111. I was just wondering whether there is a way to find out from a website when you reach a new status number, and I guess the answer is once you are on 112 (which it looks like we are both on now), the next step is 150, which is actual production, and that will show on My BMW, even if the number itself is not stated on that site...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #250
Norcalmav23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW DCT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybmmr View Post
week 42! BMW Genius said he's been seeing that a lot the last month. hmmmmm
97 Integra GSR - crashed it
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #251
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Ah, ok. That is a one-time, static document, right? Yes I have that one, and at the time it was generated, my status was described on the report as 111. I was just wondering whether there is a way to find out from a website when you reach a new status number, and I guess the answer is once you are on 112 (which it looks like we are both on now), the next step is 150, which is actual production, and that will show on My BMW, even if the number itself is not stated on that site...
Correct, static document. yeah, i have been wondering the exact same thing. Can we see status 111, 112, 150, etc. on the website? So far I have not found that information. it seems you have to call and ask the BMW Genius, but as one poster recently noted, it seems they are pulling back from giving out specific status numbers. My guess is that their call center analytics program just exploded with people calling every day wanting an update on their status number and BMW wants to drive us all to the website to be satisfied with the much less granular info it provides.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 11:38 PM   #252
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23 View Post
I have a Week 43 Production Date so I am hoping that If Week 42 production was moved up the Week 43 cars will also be moved up to an earlier start.

Ken
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2016, 11:40 PM   #253
MFan_Ken
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 LLB, 6MT, Exe, Car Play

Quote:
BruceM, I wonder if you and I have the same production schedule. I am Week 43. Since you are looking for a Seattle delivery and I am in the Tri-Cities, we may be getting our cars within days of each other.

Ken
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 12:36 AM   #254
BruceM
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFan_Ken View Post
BruceM, I wonder if you and I have the same production schedule. I am Week 43. Since you are looking for a Seattle delivery and I am in the Tri-Cities, we may be getting our cars within days of each other.

Ken
Interesting question. The answer is maybe, but not for the reasons you would think. My dealer is in Montgomery Alabama. That adds 4-5 days of covered truck transport to Seattle. But the port is in Georgia, and the boats to the west coast take a good chunk of time longer to get to the port there (LA, I think?), going through the Canal and all. Plus, I am not getting anything installed at the port--the dealer is doing installation of my MPerformance stuff (since I save hundreds of bucks doing it that way, with this dealer), and predicts no more than 24 hours for that exercise. He says that will also save me time.

So you may be right--it all might even out! Week 43 is coming up. This whole process has been a lesson in hurry up and wait, that's for sure...
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:37 AM   #255
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Production week is the week production ends. It will always start a week or two early.

Quote:
Interesting question. The answer is maybe, but not for the reasons you would think. My dealer is in Montgomery Alabama. That adds 4-5 days of covered truck transport to Seattle. But the port is in Georgia, and the boats to the west coast take a good chunk of time longer to get to the port there (LA, I think?), going through the Canal and all. Plus, I am not getting anything installed at the port--the dealer is doing installation of my MPerformance stuff (since I save hundreds of bucks doing it that way, with this dealer), and predicts no more than 24 hours for that exercise. He says that will also save me time.

So you may be right--it all might even out! Week 43 is coming up. This whole process has been a lesson in hurry up and wait, that's for sure...
For every M performance part, my dealer quoted me 13.5 hours of labor and wanted it for 2 days just in case techs didn't line up. Ended up being a wash after discounts and taxes and all that (less taxes in NC for cost of car [3%] than sales tax [8%] but I know in WA you guys pay a slightly-lower-than-sales-tax, sales tax) so I went with port installed but that was also because I am doing PCD so my delivery date would always be later than if I had gotten it at the dealer.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #256
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion
Quote:
Production week is the week production ends. It will always start a week or two early.

Quote:

For every M performance part, my dealer quoted me 13.5 hours of labor and wanted it for 2 days just in case techs didn't line up. Ended up being a wash after discounts and taxes and all that (less taxes in NC for cost of car [3%] than sales tax [8%] but I know in WA you guys pay a slightly-lower-than-sales-tax, sales tax) so I went with port installed but that was also because I am doing PCD so my delivery date would always be later than if I had gotten it at the dealer.
Just out of curiosity, where in NC are you getting your car??
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:39 AM   #257
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcalmav23
Quote:
Yeah I'm week 42 also, maybe I'll get into production soon too!! Yay!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #258
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Same dealer you are, Performance. My PCD is next week (October 6th).

Also getting MG. I believe every car they received except ours has been LBB.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 09:36 AM   #259
luvmybmmr
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion
Quote:
Same dealer you are, Performance. My PCD is next week (October 6th).

Also getting MG. I believe every car they received except ours has been LBB.
Oh awesome! Congrats!!! I was hoping for PCD but I don't know if it will work out. Let me know how it goes! I haven't actually seen an MG in person but I'm so excited for both of us because I think it's the best color!!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #260
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

why can't a dealer order the car themselves ....drive it for 100 miles then put it as cpo and mark it up then? here in Canada for example dealers have taken the cayman gt4 and done just that and put a 50k markup on them.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 09:50 AM   #261
DragM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 (December build)

I have a week 47 build and am considering PCD. If you do PCD, where do you do all the paperwork, plates, payment, etc. ? At the dealer or PCD?
      09-29-2016, 10:27 AM   #262
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragM
I have a week 47 build and am considering PCD. If you do PCD, where do you do all the paperwork, plates, payment, etc. ? At the dealer or PCD?
At the dealer about a week before you go. I will be down there in a couple more hours!!
      09-29-2016, 12:12 PM   #263
D'Alex
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Production Complete on 28 Sept!
Appreciate 4
BruceM984.50
capo18075.00
M P190.50
      09-29-2016, 12:21 PM   #264
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalrx View Post
why can't a dealer order the car themselves ....drive it for 100 miles then put it as cpo and mark it up then? here in Canada for example dealers have taken the cayman gt4 and done just that and put a 50k markup on them.
They can and do. Doesn't make it any less unscrupulous.
Appreciate 0