BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Swedish base and option prices

01-24-2016, 08:38 AM   #221
SweM3
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (as soon as possible %F

Yes!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:09 AM   #222
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweM3 View Post
Yes!
Great! Sounded familiar...

Hopefully all allocations will be sorted for early buyers next week then!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:29 AM   #223
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Good information.
I think it's good that we all communicate, it will help us all.

The issue I have is also that I traded in my Z4 due to the fact that I was promised production in March/April by BMW Sales office.
Will take this further on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:31 AM   #224
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robban View Post
Good information.

The issue I have is also that I traded in my Z4 due to the fact that I was promised production in March/April by BMW Sales office.
I know the feeling, I sold my old car in August when the rumors still said November production.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #225
SweM3
Rep

Been there... Sold my M3 f80 last autumn.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2016, 10:48 AM   #226
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BSM M2

Quote:
Good information.

So you dont have your Z4 anymore or you get to drive it until delivery?

I sold my car in sept, through blocket, after my trade-in failed because of the M235I delivery thing I mentioned earlier. And I got less on blocket than I was going to get through the trade-in because it was 6 months older and late summer...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 03:38 AM   #227
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid View Post
Welcome to the forum!

It is a bit annoying with the lack of information but a few more allocations should be filled in early February. Even a priority dealer won't get a lot of allocations. At most a handful per year.
Thank you
Joined as it seems more accurate information is spread here than in any swedish forum.

Ok, that is interesting.
My sales guy at Bavaria Solna tried to convince me that it would be a greater chance to get a car through them than any smaller dealer.
I would thinl that if I would be 9th or 10th in line at a big dealer, like Bavaria, for an M2 my chances would be better at a smaller dealer but I am not sure that is how the allocations works in this case.

My dealer says nothing about how the allocation process works. Not sure if he does not know or just wants to keep this infomation to himself to align my expectations... :/
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 06:27 AM   #228
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1zbo View Post
Thank you
Joined as it seems more accurate information is spread here than in any swedish forum.

Ok, that is interesting.
My sales guy at Bavaria Solna tried to convince me that it would be a greater chance to get a car through them than any smaller dealer.
I would thinl that if I would be 9th or 10th in line at a big dealer, like Bavaria, for an M2 my chances would be better at a smaller dealer but I am not sure that is how the allocations works in this case.

My dealer says nothing about how the allocation process works. Not sure if he does not know or just wants to keep this infomation to himself to align my expectations... :/
Some of us has been informed that the cars are handed out in order and not by dealer allocation. If that is true, it doesn't matter where you order. But if we assume that it is based on dealer allocations a bigger dealer might be better.

Let us assume Sweden get ~90 cars. Maybe not all dealers will order demos so we assume 20 of these are dealer demo-cars, then we have 70 cars left. Then 1 allocation per dealer and that leaves us with about 35 cars left. So even if a few dealers are prioritized they can't get more than 4-5 cars per year anyway if this is the case.

It is a bigger chance that a small dealer hasn't sold its allocation I would guess than Bavaria gets 10 cars this year. Like the M2 on Blocket in Umeå, if that has an allocation but isn't sold I would rather just take the train there and get that car than to wait it out in Stockholm.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 07:02 AM   #229
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Some of us has been informed that the cars are handed out in order and not by dealer allocation. If that is true, it doesn't matter where you order. But if we assume that it is based on dealer allocations a bigger dealer might be better.

Let us assume Sweden get ~90 cars. Maybe not all dealers will order demos so we assume 20 of these are dealer demo-cars, then we have 70 cars left. Then 1 allocation per dealer and that leaves us with about 35 cars left. So even if a few dealers are prioritized they can't get more than 4-5 cars per year anyway if this is the case.

It is a bigger chance that a small dealer hasn't sold its allocation I would guess than Bavaria gets 10 cars this year. Like the M2 on Blocket in Umeå, if that has an allocation but isn't sold I would rather just take the train there and get that car than to wait it out in Stockholm.
Yes, let´s hope it is based on the order of the order(heh) as it would be most fair to the customers.

If it is indeed allocation based then I understand bigger dealers are prioritized but i kind of think, given the rumour 2016, SE gets ~100 cars that one dealer like Bavaria would to get almost 10 cars the first year does not seem likely.

Do we know if it matters if the dealer is "M certified" or not?

Yeah, I don´t mind going out of town for my car as I have ordered mine in Eskilstuna but I suppose the issue is I have already signed with that dealer and negotiated the price. Not sure I can pull out without a contract breach.
Also I would have to get the same deal with another dealer which is possibly unlikely after the demand now is huge and delivery times seems rediculous.

Br

Last edited by F1zbo; 01-25-2016 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 07:12 AM   #230
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Yes, let´s hope it is based on the order of the order(heh) as it would be most fair to the customers.

If it is indeed allocation based then I understand bigger dealers are prioritized but i kind of think, given the rumour 2016, SE gets ~100 cars that one dealer like Bavaria would to get almost 10 cars the first year does not seem likely.

Do we know if it matters if the dealer is "M certified" or not?

Yeah, I don´t mind going out of town for my car as I have ordered mine in Eskilstuna but I suppose the issue is I have already signed with that dealer and negotiated the price. Not sure I can pull out without a contract breach.
Also I would have to get the same deal with another dealer which is possibly unlikely after the demand now is huge and delivery times seems rediculous.

Br
The ~100 cars is confirmed as it is info from BMW directly and not a dealer. The only uncertainty is if it includes all HEA-cars and demos etc or if that is customer allocations. If it is dealer based it usually goes by M sales and volume overall but also by demand. So a M-certified dealer should get more cars as they usually tick all those boxes.

As you said though, no dealer is going to tell you that they won't get more cars this year so go somewhere else. They will all tell you to stay put and that it will work out.

Do you have a delivery date in your contract? If they can't keep that it will be no problem to get out of the contract. In the contracts from Bilia it says that the customer can get out of it without issues if the delay is "av väsentligt betydelse för konsumenten".
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 09:28 AM   #231
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
The ~100 cars is confirmed as it is info from BMW directly and not a dealer. The only uncertainty is if it includes all HEA-cars and demos etc or if that is customer allocations. If it is dealer based it usually goes by M sales and volume overall but also by demand. So a M-certified dealer should get more cars as they usually tick all those boxes.

As you said though, no dealer is going to tell you that they won't get more cars this year so go somewhere else. They will all tell you to stay put and that it will work out.

Do you have a delivery date in your contract? If they can't keep that it will be no problem to get out of the contract. In the contracts from Bilia it says that the customer can get out of it without issues if the delay is "av väsentligt betydelse för konsumenten".
Ah, ok, so if HEAs are included it would make the situation a bit trickier and harder to get a hold of cars unless dealers are selling the HEAs to customers.

Ok, so M-approved dealer at least has an advantage one can speculate

Honestly I have not examined all the fine print in my contract but I have email-conversation from my dealer saying expected delivery is April/May but no guarantees on exact date.
However, if the delivery is pushed to late 2016 it is a significant change of situation and should open up the possiblity to pull out either way.

Of course the dealer want´s to secure the sale at any cost but let´s see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Thing is, I would be fine with a little later delivery(idealy not later than June/july) but it is the fact that I cannot plan anything like vacations and road trips without an estimated delivery date.
Also I am trying to get a spot in a parking garage but I do not want to pay for a parking spot I wont´t need for 6 months...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #232
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

According to my salesman, bilia sthlm will get 25 customer allocations in 2016...I think he estimated the number based on some info/experience...but its not 100% sure...

edit: there are five BMW bilia in sthlm, the one in södertälje excluded...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:21 AM   #233
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Ah, ok, so if HEAs are included it would make the situation a bit trickier and harder to get a hold of cars unless dealers are selling the HEAs to customers.

Honestly I have not examined all the fine print in my contract but I have email-conversation from my dealer saying expected delivery is April/May but no guarantees on exact date.
However, if the delivery is pushed to late 2016 it is a significant change of situation and should open up the possiblity to pull out either way.

Of course the dealer want´s to secure the sale at any cost but let´s see what happens in the next couple of weeks.
Thing is, I would be fine with a little later delivery(idealy not later than June/july) but it is the fact that I cannot plan anything like vacations and road trips without an estimated delivery date.
Also I am trying to get a spot in a parking garage but I do not want to pay for a parking spot I wont´t need for 6 months...
Hopefully there are some more allocations released later this week or early next week so at least some questions are answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makman View Post
According to my salesman, bilia sthlm will get 25 customer allocations in 2016...I think he estimated the number based on some info/experience...but its not 100% sure...

Why can't they just stick to what they KNOW and not guesstimate and just cause more confusion? I'm not saying he is wrong, but they often tell you what they think you want to hear when in reality we just want the cold hard facts. But going by sales I don't think he is wrong. They sell a lot of cars at those dealers... But that is still just 4-5 cars per dealer, so one every other month. But at least you should be good!
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #234
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makman
Quote:
Good information.

So you dont have your Z4 anymore or you get to drive it until delivery?

I sold my car in sept, through blocket, after my trade-in failed because of the M235I delivery thing I mentioned earlier. And I got less on blocket than I was going to get through the trade-in because it was 6 months older and late summer...
No, the Z4 is gone....
I drive my daily driver an Opel Corsa OPC. Yeah it's an Opel I know, but quite fun though.
Appreciate 2
      01-25-2016, 11:35 AM   #235
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep

What I have been told from sales office is that the orders are sorted by order date. Check your order no from sales office, lower number = better position.
However if the bigger dealers has agreements with BMW is something they have not told.
However, it's a fact that many dealers did make fake customer orders to get early production slots. This blocks the "real" customer orders. This is something I think BMW should review.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #236
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrickid
Quote:

Hopefully there are some more allocations released later this week or early next week so at least some questions are answered.

Quote:

Why can't they just stick to what they KNOW and not guesstimate and just cause more confusion? I'm not saying he is wrong, but they often tell you what they think you want to hear when in reality we just want the cold hard facts. But going by sales I don't think he is wrong. They sell a lot of cars at those dealers... But that is still just 4-5 cars per dealer, so one every other month. But at least you should be good!
haha, I agree but I have a good relationship with this guy and I told him straight up, NO BS. Still doesnt make it true but IDK, maybe this made sense or something...haha.

Honestly I gave up on researching about this long time ago, there are no answers but time. Im mentally prepared for a 2017 M2, or atleast thats what I tell myself
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #237
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
haha, I agree but I have a good relationship with this guy and I told him straight up, NO BS. Still doesnt make it true but IDK, maybe this made sense or something...haha.

Honestly I gave up on researching about this long time ago, there are no answers but time. Im mentally prepared for a 2017 M2, or atleast thats what I tell myself
Haha, since you ordered from Bilia on the 14th you are guaranteed a car in April/May unless they straight up hate you and let every one else move up one slot above you.

I think you'll get some good news within a week.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #238
SweM3
Rep

Any news?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #239
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Nope, nothing new on my order :/
Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 03:13 PM   #240
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nope, I have requested a final answer latest on Friday.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 03:37 PM   #241
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

waiting until the 10th feb for new info...
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 09:00 AM   #242
SweM3
Rep

I did not get a march production. It was only eight cars for the Nordic countries according to my salesperson...
Appreciate 0