BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Automatic Climate Control Air Flow Not Automatic?

08-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #23
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelJW View Post
The BMW Connect app for your phone has a "Start Ventilation Timer" function. It even has "Ventilate Now" and "Start Ventilate Timer"....

I keep meaning to try ventilating the car, when I'm in a restaurant and it's over 100, before I get in the car to see if it reduces the temperature, but I always forget to turn it on!

Has anyone tried the ventilation system from the Connect app?

Just curious if it helps on hot days...
I've tried it, and use it whenever I remember; it works very well actually. It's not A/C air, but it will at least cool the inside of the car down close to ambient, which is a great start.

The other thing I've done is program one of the hot-keys in the car to 'Enable Comfort Ventilation Now', and I hit this after I've turned off the engine before I get out of the car if I'm going into a store briefly and am parked in the sun.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:01 PM   #24
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
The BMW Connect app for your phone has a "Start Ventilation Timer" function. It even has "Ventilate Now" and "Start Ventilate Timer"....

I keep meaning to try ventilating the car, when I'm in a restaurant and it's over 100, before I get in the car to see if it reduces the temperature, but I always forget to turn it on!

I've also tried it and it does help some. The only thing is, I forget also, and it can take some time to get going depending on your phone's cellular data connection.

Last edited by qnet; 08-09-2018 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 06:31 AM   #25
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

Is it just me or not only is the system unnecessarily complicated, but it doesn't work that well (and not just on this car). My last 4 BMWs I'm always adjusting the temp (68-74) as it never seems to be doing what I want in terms of temp feel.

I think there is a guy over in Germany that actually controls the temp for all of us.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #26
McPurrs
The deuce gets loose
Rep
Drives: '17 M2 BSM 6MT

I found that it does increase the speed. The indicator does not change as far as fan speed though, which is odd because it does in my truck and it makes me think it doesn't in my M2.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 12:56 PM   #27
Dblaz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

Quote:

I use it...it turns on the fan to blow some hot air out of the car and circulate in some fresh. It works decently. Just have to remember it takes awhile for the signal to be sent and received.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #28
TMR013
Opus Angelus
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPurrs View Post
I found that it does increase the speed. The indicator does not change as far as fan speed though, which is odd because it does in my truck and it makes me think it doesn't in my M2.
This ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblaz View Post
I use it...it turns on the fan to blow some hot air out of the car and circulate in some fresh. It works decently. Just have to remember it takes awhile for the signal to be sent and received.
Depends on how hot it is outside. When it's 110 F outside, like it is in Phoenix too often, the Ventilate feature probably does take the interior from 130 F to 128 F. No real effect.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2018, 02:23 PM   #29
arwin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW M2

I actually really like the HVAC system in the BMW's.

I like that I can set the temperature and have cool air blowing in my face.
I like that the fan speed stays constant and eventually it will get to the temperature that i want and not have a blasting fan when I start the car up.

The good thing with BMW is that it gets to the correct temperature pretty quickly as well.

I've tried other auto modes in other cars and I hate that the fan is blasting and then it still takes forever to get a decent temperature.

I'm probably in the minority here but I wouldn't have bmw change a thing for the hvac. it's awesome
Appreciate 2
qnet681.50