03-01-2019, 03:39 PM   #45
Jenius
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlosm2c View Post
What mods are you putting on yours?
No plans for that so far. I am very probably going to keep quite stock. The only that I imagine I might get are Ferodo DS2500, but only if I find the original pads bad.. so will have to see bout that.

Doing my PPF and detailing tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 03:42 PM   #46
Jenius
Enlisted Member
Rep

Honestly, regretting my choice of DCT a little as I was driving through London today..

I am a bit weird in that I actually prefer manual cars in stop and go situation, but prefer auto on open roads, motorways, etc. I feel less tired in stop and go traffic with a manual car.

Hope that I can find DCT’s merit tomorrow on more open roads

How’s yours so far?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #47
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenius View Post
Honestly, regretting my choice of DCT a little as I was driving through London today..

I am a bit weird in that I actually prefer manual cars in stop and go situation, but prefer auto on open roads, motorways, etc. I feel less tired in stop and go traffic with a manual car.

How’s yours so far?
Yeah, I am getting my PPF done on the front end and side skirts on 14th, along with the roof wrapped in satin black. Are you PPFing the whole car or just the front?

I actually enjoyed the DCT in the shite traffic. I nearly went for the manual - I was so so close - but opted for DCT as I haven't been driving manual for 4 years and I just know I can enjoy a car like this on auto. What I liked is the fact I was still using the gear shifter on the DCT with my left hand to manually shift gears instead of using the paddles. It still gave me a feeling of being connected with the car (albeit not using my left leg with a clutch pedal) and I can see myself using this method also on track and enjoying it a lot. Each to their own, right.

Still, I am just glad I don't live in London anymore. 15 years was enough and having to put up with traffic like that all the time.....no way!!
      03-01-2019, 06:03 PM   #48
RichyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C, Focus RS

Park lane were fairly competitive on M2C quotes when I was looking around, they were actually offering a better deal than Joe Achilles and Schmee’s best pal could do!

In the end going the leasing route and V4Bs deal got my order, but I would certainly get a quote from them in future.
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-02-2019, 01:56 AM   #49
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichyT View Post
Park lane were fairly competitive on M2C quotes when I was looking around, they were actually offering a better deal than Joe Achilles and Schmee’s best pal could do!

In the end going the leasing route and V4Bs deal got my order, but I would certainly get a quote from them in future.
How do you mean by V4B?
      03-02-2019, 04:17 AM   #50
RichyT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C, Focus RS

Quote:
How do you mean by V4B?
Sorry, meant V4B the lease car company.

They had deal’s up at the tale end of last year, must have been a dealer who was getting a batch of cars.
Appreciate 1
Karlosm2c290.50
      03-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #51
Jenius
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

How’s yours so far?
Yeah, I am getting my PPF done on the front end and side skirts on 14th, along with the roof wrapped in satin black. Are you PPFing the whole car or just the front?

I actually enjoyed the DCT in the shite traffic. I nearly went for the manual - I was so so close - but opted for DCT as I haven't been driving manual for 4 years and I just know I can enjoy a car like this on auto. What I liked is the fact I was still using the gear shifter on the DCT with my left hand to manually shift gears instead of using the paddles. It still gave me a feeling of being connected with the car (albeit not using my left leg with a clutch pedal) and I can see myself using this method also on track and enjoying it a lot. Each to their own, right.

Still, I am just glad I don't live in London anymore. 15 years was enough and having to put up with traffic like that all the time.....no way!!
I also find the DCT slower than I thought except in S3 mode. What are you thoughts?

I find it as fast as VW Group's boxes only in S3, but slower in others..

Granted, it's only day 2 in it so far. All other aspect of the car is good!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2019, 05:36 PM   #52
Karlosm2c
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hope that I can find DCT's merit tomorrow on more open roads

How's yours so far?

I also find the DCT slower than I thought except in S3 mode. What are you thoughts?

I haven't had any other experiences with high performance auto boxes so to me the DCT feels great and even more so once the 1200 mile service has been completed. I guess in my case ignorance is bliss having not had experiences with other cars like this.
      05-06-2019, 07:44 AM   #53
_debo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 COMPETITION

Quote:

Chipping in I can't compare because my experience with auto are way too outdated but I find mine quite sharp and I'm currently running in comfort all around and as, only 2/3 days in. Could it be that most of the electronics are a bit more limited due to break in?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #54
_debo
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 COMPETITION

On the insurance topic I keep hearing Adrian Flux is quite good, however, for me Admiral was the cheapest.

They initially quoted me almost 3.5k for a policy upgrade but then after talking to a manager it turns out that you can cancel your policy for free and and get a new one, total quote about £1200 including 10k worth of aftermarket, comprehensive coverage and full European protection as well, and increased driver protection so all in all, considering I live in zone 2 London not a bad deal at all I'd say
Appreciate 0