BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Black M2 Available at MSRP --------- GTA

03-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #45
jjr261
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 BSM DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjr261 View Post
I have to thank Catch at Sherpa
Meant to say Catch at SERPA not SHERPA - sorry...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #46
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
So I thought about keeping everyone in suspense for a little while about who got this car, and then realized that all of us watching this forum have had to deal with enough suspense already just waiting for news on our cars...

So it was me - I am honestly still in shock that I will have an M2 so soon. Prior to reaching out to Catch last night about this, I was resigned to the fact that I would hopefully get car within 18 months given I was a little late to the pre-order party. I saw the initial Post about this car being available and just assumed it would be sold inside of 30 minutes, so when Catch posted again saying it was still available I jumped at it!

Dabozo - You don't know how relieved I was to read that after you drove all the way to Serpa today I didn't break your heart by nabbing this car late last night. I did not expect ANYONE to tell me THANK YOU for snatching this car late at night knowing how many other car nuts are waiting for their cars. While I definitely wanted the car, I was thinking I was going to break a few hearts if in fact I got my deal signed before anyone else.

I have to thank Catch at Sherpa - Everything about this deal was straight up just like he said in his initial post - no markup or extra fees built in above MSRP, and he worked with me late into the evening to get me all the required paperwork in my hands so I could sign it last night.

Still in shock but very happy - I wanted a DCT and would be good with black or blue from all the pics I've seen so far.

For anyone else keen to check out the car at Serpa, it will likely be there until early May sometime as I am away the last 2 weeks of April so won't be able to get it when available on the 16th...
Congrats! And keep us posted when you take delivery April 16th!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 08:24 PM   #47
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
What is your deal? I really do not understand how a dealer can do this when the car is already back ordered...

You can drive the DCT until your 6MT arrives? What are they going to do with the DCT if you do not like it?
I expect he ordered the MT car and his name is still on it for when it arrives. In the meantime, he found a DCT and bought it too. I'm jealous

Clearly he's a good customer for the dealer... the dealer can (and will) do whatever they like relative to who they give their sales to
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:17 PM   #48
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
I expect he ordered the MT car and his name is still on it for when it arrives. In the meantime, he found a DCT and bought it too. I'm jealous

Clearly he's a good customer for the dealer... the dealer can (and will) do whatever they like relative to who they give their sales to
Good point!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:32 PM   #49
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzima View Post
What is your deal? I really do not understand how a dealer can do this when the car is already back ordered...

You can drive the DCT until your 6MT arrives? What are they going to do with the DCT if you do not like it?
No...I bought both from different dealers. Cash on the BSM and I was in there early...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2016, 09:46 AM   #50
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 BSM MT

Quote:
So I thought about keeping everyone in suspense for a little while about who got this car, and then realized that all of us watching this forum have had to deal with enough suspense already just waiting for news on our cars...

So it was me - I am honestly still in shock that I will have an M2 so soon. Prior to reaching out to Catch last night about this, I was resigned to the fact that I would hopefully get car within 18 months given I was a little late to the pre-order party. I saw the initial Post about this car being available and just assumed it would be sold inside of 30 minutes, so when Catch posted again saying it was still available I jumped at it!

Dabozo - You don't know how relieved I was to read that after you drove all the way to Serpa today I didn't break your heart by nabbing this car late last night. I did not expect ANYONE to tell me THANK YOU for snatching this car late at night knowing how many other car nuts are waiting for their cars. While I definitely wanted the car, I was thinking I was going to break a few hearts if in fact I got my deal signed before anyone else.

I have to thank Catch at Sherpa - Everything about this deal was straight up just like he said in his initial post - no markup or extra fees built in above MSRP, and he worked with me late into the evening to get me all the required paperwork in my hands so I could sign it last night.

Still in shock but very happy - I wanted a DCT and would be good with black or blue from all the pics I've seen so far.

For anyone else keen to check out the car at Serpa, it will likely be there until early May sometime as I am away the last 2 weeks of April so won't be able to get it when available on the 16th...
Congrats!!! car is smokin hot! I seriously doubt i would have been able to restrain myself had the car still been available...how pathetic is this: my winter/DD is a ford edge...i was driving it in manual/tiptronic mode all the way there trying to convince my self I know, probably the shittiest comparison EVER lol.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2016, 02:53 PM   #51
catch
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

I didnt want to name names for that same reason.

but a HUGE congratulations and welcome to the Serpa BMW family!
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #52
Shankska
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Know of another BSM available? I still have not got an allocation...

2019 F87 M2C, Long Beach Blue, Exec, 6MT
2016 F87 M2 - Sold 9/2018
2014 F22 M235i - Sold 5/2016.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 04:18 PM   #53
mmmmmazing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: In my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankska View Post
Know of another BSM available? I still have not got an allocation...
Don't look in Canada as BMW is making all M2 buyers sign a non-export agreement for 12 months.

In order to export the car to the U.S. a Canadian will need the letter of admissibility from BMW Canada and guess who won't provide it...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #54
Shankska
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmmazing View Post
Don't look in Canada as BMW is making all M2 buyers sign a non-export agreement for 12 months.

In order to export the car to the U.S. a Canadian will need the letter of admissibility from BMW Canada and guess who won't provide it...
agreed, nor would I go to Canada. Just putting the word out if anyone knows.

2019 F87 M2C, Long Beach Blue, Exec, 6MT
2016 F87 M2 - Sold 9/2018
2014 F22 M235i - Sold 5/2016.
Appreciate 0