BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > My 2016 BMW M2 F87 Delivered in Abu Dhabi UAE!

03-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #177
SabineBimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i LBlue Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by norMcal
Since when do they put chrome window trim on a M car? Sorry, but I don't like that, much prefer shadow line trim.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #178
Nifo
Registered
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB

Just ordered mine, should take delivery in June, what was the price tag on your M2? I have a feeling the dealer here is ripping me off....
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 04:20 PM   #179
135iDCT
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135I

@uae247 Any updates?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 04:35 PM   #180
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
What is better than m3/4?
It is not possible by definition.... Unless better means smaller size, lower price, lack of CF roof and other m3/4 features, less HP, etc.
By your logic, Toyota Corolla is better than M2, much better.
It seems M2 is a good little M car and may be a decent alternative to M3/4 to some considering the above though.
Quote:
Sure, m2 has weaker exhaust note than m3/4
However Corolla without exhaust beats both m2 and m3/4
Quote:
Replace Corolla with Civic, Jetta, wrx, etc.
Name:  Thread_Direction.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  51.6 KB
      03-09-2016, 06:09 PM   #181
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
It is not possible by definition.... Unless better means smaller size, lower price, lack of CF roof and other m3/4 features, less HP, etc.
It seems M2 is a good little M car and may be a decent alternative to M3/4 to some considering the above though.
Quote:
Quote:
Attachment 1379325
Lol yes you are right

Still, in BMW M lineup, M2 does not beat anything. Not designed to, not developed to, and not priced to. All this talk about m2 superiority, even in this or that category, is purely skewed and subjective hopes from 2-series fans.
I am sure it is a fun car but it is not better than anything from M. It is an intro M.
      03-09-2016, 06:52 PM   #182
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Lol yes you are right

Still, in BMW M lineup, M2 does not beat anything. Not designed to, not developed to, and not priced to. All this talk about m2 superiority, even in this or that category, is purely skewed and subjective hopes from 2-series fans.
I am sure it is a fun car but it is not better than anything from M. It is an intro M.
Dude, you're doing exactly what you're criticizing people of. You're being a biased, defensive M3 owner.

You say it's all 2 series fans, but no. Motor trend, Jalopnik, C&D, all made it very clear that when it comes to DRIVING enjoyment, the M2 is preferred by them over, yes, your car.

You're the one who is going to need to understand that people have different opinions than you.

And many non 2 series fan boys, proffesionals, even, are saying they like the M2 better.

You're allowed to like your car better. But don't come in here swigning your F80 dick saying that it's factually a better car to drive. It's not. Maybe it's a better car to you, but to many the M2 is better.

You have to open your eyes and understand that what's the best car to you doesn't mean it's the best car to others.

Enjoy your car and stop being defensive. Live with the fact that a lot of people like the M2 more. It shouldn't bother you if you put your money where your comment is. Haha.

Soon.
Appreciate 12
      03-09-2016, 07:13 PM   #183
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Lol yes you are right

Faster than the M4
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2016, 07:23 PM   #184
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Attachment 1379325
Lol yes you are right

stop writing, ur making us M3 owners sound like douchebags :
      03-09-2016, 07:33 PM   #185
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534
Quote:
Lol yes you are right

Dude, you're doing exactly what you're criticizing people of. You're being a biased, defensive M3 owner.

You say it's all 2 series fans, but no. Motor trend, Jalopnik, C&D, all made it very clear that when it comes to DRIVING enjoyment, the M2 is preferred by them over, yes, your car.

You're the one who is going to need to understand that people have different opinions than you.

And many non 2 series fan boys, proffesionals, even, are saying they like the M2 better.

You're allowed to like your car better. But don't come in here swigning your F80 dick saying that it's factually a better car to drive. It's not. Maybe it's a better car to you, but to many the M2 is better.

You have to open your eyes and understand that what's the best car to you doesn't mean it's the best car to others.

Enjoy your car and stop being defensive. Live with the fact that a lot of people like the M2 more. It shouldn't bother you if you put your money where your comment is. Haha.
@georgere
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:08 PM   #186
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Quote:
Lol yes you are right

@georgere
Haha, never in my post I said my M3 is the best. Not sure where you see a d*ck waving like that. What I am saying is this m2 less than m3 less than m5 etc. This is the fact.

I am not saying m2 is a bad car either. My original post was about people saying how m2 is better than m3/4. It is not. M2 is good and better than many other cars, like 235, but M2 is not better than other M cars. This is true if we talk facts and not seat of your pants impression which depends on what you had for breakfast.

About the magazines, articles or some track run timings - you make me laugh. This forum is plagued with skewed and biased takes on what journalist and magazine say in their reviews. When BMW wins, it is a good and truthful journalist, but when a MB or some other junk wins, we say how biased and paid that journalist is.

Am I biased? No I m not. If I did not have kids, I would consider M2. However, I would probably get m4 b/c it is a better car, and if I had the budget, I would get M6 b/c m6 is even better car. But if I had the budget for m6 I would take the p-car, 911 that
      03-09-2016, 08:23 PM   #187
-JLT-
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '22 X4M COMP, '23 iX xDrive50

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Quote:
Lol yes you are right

@georgere
Haha, never in my post I said my M3 is the best. Not sure where you see a d*ck waving like that. What I am saying is this m2 less than m3 less than m5 etc. This is the fact.

I am not saying m2 is a bad car either. My original post was about people saying how m2 is better than m3/4. It is not. M2 is good and better than many other cars, like 235, but M2 is not better than other M cars. This is true if we talk facts and not seat of your pants impression which depends on what you had for breakfast.

About the magazines, articles or some track run timings - you make me laugh. This forum is plagued with skewed and biased takes on what journalist and magazine say in their reviews. When BMW wins, it is a good and truthful journalist, but when a MB or some other junk wins, we say how biased and paid that journalist is.

Am I biased? No I m not. If I did not have kids, I would consider M2. However, I would probably get m4 b/c it is a better car, and if I had the budget, I would get M6 b/c m6 is even better car. But if I had the budget for m6 I would take the p-car, 911 that
joking aside, I think ur missing the point what we're saying. ur logic is base on how much a car cost but we're talking about FUN factor (i.e. tossable, nimble, handling, etc)
      03-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #188
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:

You're missing the point. No one is saying that the M2 is positioned higher than the M3.

We're saying that to a lot of people it is better where it matters most to them, personally. So in their eyes, it's the better car.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 08:46 PM   #189
kovsky
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, finally

Quote:

OMG you guys he's still talking!?

You must really like the taste of your own foot! Dude, real simple logic here: More expensive does not equal better. Period. The end.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 09:21 PM   #190
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

Have you driven the M2? There are quite a few people who have and their opinion is more valid than your if you haven't.

You can call the journalists "biased" and paid by BMW but I don't think BMW is all that thrilled of some of them shitting on their flagship series for the M2.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 09:33 PM   #191
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovsky View Post

You must really like the taste of your own foot! Dude, real simple logic here: More expensive does not equal better. Period. The end.
Dude, what school did you go to again? You must be in liberal arts major or just have extremely limited real world experience.

Here is the real simple logic for you: BETTER means more Expensive. Things are expensive because they are better or because they are rare.
M3/4 is better because BMW invested more into R&D, it delivers more features, more high tech stuff, and obviously creates more value which in turn cost more.

How can anyone argue with that? I guess you can but you do not use your head, we know that....

p.s. "You must really like the taste of your own foot!" really? is this how you talk in real life or just on the internet?
      03-09-2016, 09:46 PM   #192
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
You're missing the point. No one is saying that the M2 is positioned higher than the M3.

We're saying that to a lot of people it is better where it matters most to them, personally. So in their eyes, it's the better car.
well, this part of conversation in this thread started with one guy saying that M2 is so much better than M3/4.
My reply was simple - it is not possible by definition. Then the bunch of 2-series fans started attacking me what I said.

If M2 is better to someone b/c of some fact (cost, size, etc.), they should say that. When someone says M2 is better than M3, they imply it in general. And what I said was that in general this is not possible and it is simply against any real world facts, even math...
      03-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #193
sstarrx3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Mineral White/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovsky View Post

Unless the more expensive car is a Porsche...then...well you know...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 10:05 PM   #194
MTHRAR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:

Here is the real simple logic for you: BETTER means more Expensive. Things are expensive because they are better or because they are rare.
Disagree with this because this is not always the case. I can sell you a piece of crap in a box for $500 or sell you a piece a crap in a box for $1. Is the one that is $500 better?

I also disagree on adding more "value". You can add more complexity for more cost, but that doesn't always add more "value", it could just add more "cost"unnecessarily for some people. Remember that some things are subjective, rather than objective.

I get your point, but not everyone will be agreeable to it. I actually love the F80 M3, but felt the M2 had more "value" at a lower cost. Just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 10:07 PM   #195
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
Have you driven the M2? There are quite a few people who have and their opinion is more valid than your if you haven't.

You can call the journalists "biased" and paid by BMW but I don't think BMW is all that thrilled of some of them shitting on their flagship series for the M2.
NO I haven't and as I said above this conversation was derailed into "generally better car" definition. M2 cannot be generally better.

While I respect opinions of all people who make videos on youtube or pro journalists, there is a huge difference between spending your hard earned money on something vs. discussing something (in a video/article).

Let me give an example. Lets say you are given $80K with one condition. The condition is you must enter BMW dealership and purchase an M car, but you cannot borrow any money or keep in your pocket. Your choice is obviously limited to M2, M3, or M4. So which car would you pick? Still M2? Why?

Is M2 for $80K better to u b/c someone said so?
Is M2 for $80K better to u b/c it did better by 0.003 seconds on some track which is better suited for cars with shorter wheelbase?
Do you race? If you drag race, which car is better for you, M2 or M3/4?

So, all situation arguing aside, in general M3/4 is better than M2.
      03-09-2016, 10:11 PM   #196
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
yeah, that guys is just lost. more expensive is always better than less expensive, true for BMW, true for Porsche, true MB, etc.
      03-09-2016, 10:13 PM   #197
ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post

well, this part of conversation in this thread started with one guy saying that M2 is so much better than M3/4.
My reply was simple - it is not possible by definition. Then the bunch of 2-series fans started attacking me what I said.

If M2 is better to someone b/c of some fact (cost, size, etc.), they should say that. When someone says M2 is better than M3, they imply it in general. And what I said was that in general this is not possible and it is simply against any real world facts, even math...
Numbers aren't everything, worth is not always quantified by cost. The reason we like cars in general is due to the feeling they give us. Not the price you pay.

The argument around the M2 vs the M3 for me isn't about the msrp, the materials or the aesthetics, It's about the feeling and satisfaction the car can provide. It's not complicated.

Those business classes can get you.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 10:46 PM   #198
georgere
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by -JLT- View Post
joking aside, I think ur missing the point what we're saying. ur logic is base on how much a car cost but we're talking about FUN factor (i.e. tossable, nimble, handling, etc)
Weight difference (both stock w/6mt) is like 20lbs but M2 has much less torque and HP.
M2 has 4-inch shorter wheelbase (a +) but it is higher and has a has a metal roof. Anyhow, short wheelbase is not always the best quality.

In general, I am not sure where there is advantage of M2 exactly. The FUN factor is based on what? My 3er e90 325 had better steering, was easily flickable and FUN to drive but it was not better than my M.

anyway, I respect all positions and opinions but we must be objective when comparing things. If we compare by tangible or not so factor, it must be stated or threads like get derailed as this one did.