BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > immense traction issues

10-28-2019, 06:27 AM   #45
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
After reading this entire thread, the issue really sounds like it's b/c you like to drive without TC and/or it's the surface of the roads. I'm a complete rookie at these things though.

I'm a big chicken to drive without TC, but I totally understand the frustration with the power consistency with TC on.

I recently took a BMW driving course at the performance center (Spartanburg, SC) in hopes to become a better driver, but I found that I absolutely suck at drifting. LOL

With my current driving skills, TC will be remaining on. haha I've watched too many noob M drivers on Youtube crashing when they try to showoff by peeling off...that will not be me!

Be safe out there folks!
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
Supernaut391.00
      10-28-2019, 08:45 AM   #46
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Check out the M2C specific wheel and tire recommendation thread started by Apex Race Parts in the Wheels and Tires subforum. They have some wider and stickier wheel/tire setups that can help.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 02:09 AM   #47
mightyfox
Morocco
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808elise View Post
Driving a car with a bunch of driver aides is stupid. For your safety aswell.

Learn to drive it under your own power and control with your foot and wheel. Buy a gtr if u want boring power slip resistant awd speed. U own the 2rwd chariot of gods, so drive it like its meant to be driven. Stg2 gets me sideways at 50 or so in third and good conditions (85-90f, dry, normal asphalt not the coral $hit). Some of the roads here in Hawaii have coral mixed in with them and when cold and humid car gets sideways on the highway. Conditions make a big difference but stock and sideways at 100 with good conditions sounds like bs.

My e46 tuned to around 800whp, granted runs 335 r888s, loses traction jus a touch at 100 if downshifting but immediately bites.

Dont upgrade to stg2 if u scurred now! New map released today updated to even more low end, 55tq! Crazy, love those bm3 guys!!
Turns out like many have said, it was the road conditions that were the main culprit it recently rained quite a bit (it hadn't rained in like 6 months) and that made a MASSIVE difference i can now floor it in 3rd gear with zero wheel spin.
I now find myself wondering if wider tires would even do any good in this situation (there is very little rain where i live so i'm gonna be dealing with this issue alot).
Appreciate 0