BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Ecutek

06-07-2021, 01:49 PM   #23
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

I'm running it as well and used Bend calibration. Highly recommended. It does require work on your part as you'll have to provide WOT logs. They'll examine them, make adjustments and send them back to you. My goal was to get as much power out of pump gas as the closest E85 to me is an hour round trip. I didn't want to mess with meth either. At their suggestion, I have 2 switchable maps now. One with premium and one for premium with Boostane. I think we went through 12 maps originally to get a flash that's perfect for my fuel and my mods. After that, the Boostane map probably took 3 or 4 pulls to get right. Power is linear and plentiful. WOT can't be used in first or second though so you actually have to drive the car instead of point and squirt.
Bottom line is that your tune will be for your mods, your fuel and your climate. It will be safe as well. You can go as mild or crazy as you want with your hardware and they'll dial you in.

EDIT, Bend also offers BM3 but in their opinion (not mine as I'm not qualified) EcuTek is a superior platform.
Appreciate 1
-Eidos493.50
      06-12-2021, 11:33 AM   #24
M2RAW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 BASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecaa850 View Post
I'm running it as well and used Bend calibration. Highly recommended. It does require work on your part as you'll have to provide WOT logs. They'll examine them, make adjustments and send them back to you. My goal was to get as much power out of pump gas as the closest E85 to me is an hour round trip. I didn't want to mess with meth either. At their suggestion, I have 2 switchable maps now. One with premium and one for premium with Boostane. I think we went through 12 maps originally to get a flash that's perfect for my fuel and my mods. After that, the Boostane map probably took 3 or 4 pulls to get right. Power is linear and plentiful. WOT can't be used in first or second though so you actually have to drive the car instead of point and squirt.
Bottom line is that your tune will be for your mods, your fuel and your climate. It will be safe as well. You can go as mild or crazy as you want with your hardware and they'll dial you in.

EDIT, Bend also offers BM3 but in their opinion (not mine as I'm not qualified) EcuTek is a superior platform.
What mods do I need? I wanted to try their stage 1. I also want to try it since I came from q50 platform and the mostly use Ecutek.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 01:34 PM   #25
cecaa850
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RAW View Post
What mods do I need? I wanted to try their stage 1. I also want to try it since I came from q50 platform and the mostly use Ecutek.
Mod it however you like. They'll create a tune suited for exactly how your vehicle is set up and for the fuel in your area.
Appreciate 2
      06-14-2021, 10:19 PM   #26
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

I'm also a former BM3 user now running a Bend Calibration EcuTek tune. Currently tuned conservatively and still pushing over 500whp in a FBO PS2 car. I barely hit 20psi. The dyno graph shows 3 maps. 91 octane, 91 + Meth, and flexfuel (e45). No matter which map selected the car runs great. Only downsides are that(in my car) map switching doesn't hold when the car is off for a while. But thats small potatoes, as far as I'm aware that functionality isn't any better/different for this engine with the other platforms that offer map switching.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
-Eidos493.50
6speed_M23648.00
M2RAW121.00