BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-02-2019, 06:07 PM   #507
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
4113
Rep
11,821
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
I was reading up on this article from BMW blog which I found interesting. They Weighed the car at 1,532 KG which translates to 3,377 lbs this includes CCB. Here is the link.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/09/b...ts-and-r8-v10/
" What we do know is that it featured the six-speed manual transmission and the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. And the recorded times are quite interesting. Let’s start with the BMW M2 CS time as published by Auto Bild – 1:34.98 – which is just a bit over half a second faster than the M2 Competition on the same track.


M2 - 1:37:65 12/2016 - Audi TTRS vs BMW M2
M2C - 1:37.56 11/2018 -
M4 - 1:37:22
M4 C - 1:36.13
M2C - 1:35.67 ????
M2 CS - 1:34:98 12/2019
M4 CS - 1:34.01
M4 GTS -1:33:17

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/09/b...ts-and-r8-v10/


25K for 0.7 seconds...

I found three tests... I did not find the test indicating the M2 C was just 0.7 back.... perhaps another comparo or a super test?

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 12-02-2019 at 06:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan3783.00

      12-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #508
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3783
Rep
15,425
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
I was reading up on this article from BMW blog which I found interesting. They Weighed the car at 1,532 KG which translates to 3,377 lbs this includes CCB. Here is the link.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/09/b...ts-and-r8-v10/
" What we do know is that it featured the six-speed manual transmission and the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. And the recorded times are quite interesting. Let’s start with the BMW M2 CS time as published by Auto Bild – 1:34.98 – which is just a bit over half a second faster than the M2 Competition on the same track.


25K for 0.5 seconds...
Ouch!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 01:34 AM   #509
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10617
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
What does this mean. Like dealer just give you an allocation just like that?
Over here, BMW (national representative body or local dealer) approaches existing BMW customers (especially BMW M customers), offering M2 CS allocations.

Buying a high performance car is - apart from the financial reality - a highly emotion-driven decision. BMW pro-actively approaching its existing clientele for an expensive model iteration (labeling and scheduling it as 'limited edition' because demand will be 'limited' anyway at the proposed price) = fishing in the pond where it finds most potential customers for this kind of car.

Personally, I was also offered the chance to get an M2 CS, but no signed sales order materialized. No 'The Fox and The Grapes' ('sour grapes') attitude here. Just the personal reality-check - performed by temporary stepping out of the enthusiasm loop and pinching yourself - that there is a 'mismatch' between the car and the price-tag (M2 CS: the good, the bad and the ugly: design/looks, weight and price). Equally makes you realize that something else without such 'mismatch' better floats your boat (soon more about that ) + you don't mind making someone else happy to get an M2 CS.

Back in 2015, Porsche US (PCNA) offered a right of first refusal to all those on the Porsche 918 Spyder VIP 'early access' program, allowing these privilege customers to secure a Cayman GT4 allocation ahead of the normal 'line' ("It is my pleasure to offer you, per your 918 Spyder VIP privileges, the opportunity to be among the first to acquire the new Cayman GT4."). PCNA offered them one week to decide and allocated the remaining US-allocated expected production to US dealers (source: here).

Porsche Cars North America - 2015:
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 1
MM13566.50

      12-03-2019, 01:47 AM   #510
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10617
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
"What we do know is that it featured the six-speed manual transmission and the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. And the recorded times are quite interesting. Let’s start with the BMW M2 CS time as published by Auto Bild – 1:34.98 – which is just a bit over half a second faster than the M2 Competition on the same track.
According to the data sheet of that Hockenheimring test (see here):
  • the tested M2 Competition: M-DCT, weighed 1631 kg (full tank of fuel included), apparently had no M Driver's Package (because data sheet notes V-max of 250 km/u (stock: electronically limited V-max) - Parabolika speed 232 km/h), featured steel brakes (2NH M Sport Brakes), was sitting on Pilot Super Sport tires, likely on 19" 788M wheels (no info specified), and was driving in 1C/34F air temp + 1C/34F track temp and 1020 mbar air pressure;
  • the tested M2 CS: M-DCT, weighed 1588 kg (full tank of fuel included), went into 'limp mode' on its way to the finish due to low fuel (running on empty = minimum fuel weight), apparently had M Driver's Package (because data sheet notes V-max of 280 km/h (delimited V-max) - Parabolika speed 248 km/h), featured M-CCB (carbon ceramic brakes), was sitting on Cup 2 tires fitted on lightweight 19" 763M wheels, and was driving in 32C/90F air temp + 53C/127F track temp and 1015 mbar air pressure.
  • track temperature difference: 52C/93F (1C/34F vs. 53C/127F);
  • air temperature difference: 31C/56F (1C/34F vs. 32C/90F);
  • air pressure difference: 5 mbar (1020 mbar vs. 1015 mbar).
Different test environment circumstances.

Hm, judging merely by those figures, it looks like the M2 Competition - considering its setup and near freezing point test circumstances - wasn't particularly blown out of the water/ice by the better equipped and more powerful M2 CS pushed around the track in warm weather on hot asphalt.
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 02:01 AM   #511
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
drgmt's Avatar
810
Rep
1,692
Posts

Drives: M4 CS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

They will have near identical performance. This is purely a cosmetic and exclusivity purchase.
Appreciate 4
      12-03-2019, 03:11 AM   #512
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10617
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
I was reading up on this article from BMW blog which I found interesting. They Weighed the car at 1,532 KG which translates to 3,377 lbs this includes CCB. Here is the link.
https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/09/b...ts-and-r8-v10/
One of the comments under that article:
"Worst car purchase I ever made: 2016 BMW M4 GTS, while its a monster car, the price fell out from under it, like most BMW's. Sticker price of $135,000 for a "limited run" M4 GTS of 300, did not help hold the value. I sold it with very low miles for $77,500. Many on ebay in mid $70's, now, that are essentially new. Make sure you like the M2, cuz there will be no re-sale market."
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 2
      12-03-2019, 11:31 AM   #513
///M2NYC15
Private
United_States
63
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
" What we do know is that it featured the six-speed manual transmission and the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. And the recorded times are quite interesting. Lets start with the BMW M2 CS time as published by Auto Bild 1:34.98 which is just a bit over half a second faster than the M2 Competition on the same track.


M2 - 1:37:65 12/2016 - Audi TTRS vs BMW M2
M2C - 1:37.56 11/2018 -
M4 - 1:37:22
M4 C - 1:36.13
M2C - 1:35.67 ????
M2 CS - 1:34:98 12/2019
M4 CS - 1:34.01
M4 GTS -1:33:17

https://www.bmwblog.com/2019/11/09/b...ts-and-r8-v10/


25K for 0.7 seconds...

I found three tests... I did not find the test indicating the M2 C was just 0.7 back.... perhaps another comparo or a super test?
On small track it is fine. But the long straights is where the CS will be seconds faster and the better suspension set up.

What no one can seem to answer is the fact that BMW Blog took the weight of the M2CS and it tipped the scales at 3,377 lbs? How is this possible?

How did they weight the car when the CEO said it weights slightly less than the comp?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 11:37 AM   #514
medphysdave
Captain
United_States
581
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
On small track it is fine. But the long straights is where the CS will be seconds faster and the better suspension set up.

What no one can seem to answer is the fact that BMW Blog took the weight of the M2CS and it tipped the scales at 3,377 lbs? How is this possible?

How did they weight the car when the CEO said it weights slightly less than the comp?
Does euro spec weight usually include driver, where in this instance just the car with fluids was weighed?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:03 PM   #515
///M2NYC15
Private
United_States
63
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Does euro spec weight usually include driver, where in this instance just the car with fluids was weighed?
This is "curb weight" so including fuel etc minus the actual passengers.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:37 PM   #516
chmura
Colonel
chmura's Avatar
1281
Rep
2,189
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgmt View Post
They will have near identical performance. This is purely a cosmetic and exclusivity purchase.
That's why the M2 CS will come with Cup 2 tires. Will have a slight advantage over the M2 C.
__________________
2019 M2 Competition- October 2, 2018 ED
2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White
Picked up via ED 9/27/2011 & Redelivered 11/23/2011 **SOLD**
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 01:50 PM   #517
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
10617
Rep
9,586
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 (MG 6MT)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

We have seen info and posts on features available on the M2 CS which ain't available on M2 Competition.

Here's what springs to mind about the opposite: available on M2 Competition, but unavailable on the M2 CS:
  1. Long Beach Blue Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic body colors
  2. center console featuring retractable armrest with storage cubbyhole (+ more maintenance-friendly trim than alcantara trim)
  3. sport seats without cut-outs
  4. lumbar support
  5. non-adaptive suspension ('one size fits all' uniformity)
  6. metal roof
  7. glass sliding roof (moonroof)
  8. comfort access
  9. Driving Assistant ('Lane Departure Warning' & 'Collision & Pedestrian Warning')
  10. 'regular' electronic airco
  11. wireless charging & WiFi hotspot
  12. 40/20/40 foldable rear seats with armrest (including cupholders) & load-through
  13. heated steering wheel
  14. 19" 788M wheels
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 1
arciga18928.50

      12-03-2019, 02:12 PM   #518
///M2NYC15
Private
United_States
63
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: M2 LBB LCI
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
That's why the M2 CS will come with Cup 2 tires. Will have a slight advantage over the M2 C.
And the Adaptive suspension which helps corner better overall. But still does not answer why BMW blog has the M2CS curb weight at 3,377lbs or 1,532KG and the CEO is saying its about the same weight as the comp? I'm still trying to figure this one out.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #519
Pol
Nobody is perfect !
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
620
Rep
1,101
Posts

Drives: M2 (MG) M DCT - April 2016
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
We have seen info and posts on features available on the M2 CS which ain't available on M2 Competition.

Here's what springs to mind about the opposite: available on M2 Competition, but unavailable on the M2 CS:
  1. Long Beach Blue Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic body colors
  2. center console featuring retractable armrest with storage cubbyhole (+ more maintenance-friendly trim than alcantara trim)
  3. sport seats without cut-outs
  4. lumbar support
  5. non-adaptive suspension ('one size fits all' uniformity)
  6. metal roof
  7. glass sliding roof (moonroof)
  8. comfort access
  9. Driving Assistant ('Lane Departure Warning' & 'Collision & Pedestrian Warning')
  10. 'regular' electronic airco
  11. wireless charging & WiFi hotspot
  12. 40/20/40 foldable rear seats with armrest (including cupholders) & load-through
  13. heated steering wheel
  14. 19" 788M wheels
I will miss 8) and 2)
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #520
dgm3
Private First Class
179
Rep
109
Posts

Drives: M3 E36/E46 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
And the Adaptive suspension which helps corner better overall. But still does not answer why BMW blog has the M2CS curb weight at 3,377lbs or 1,532KG and the CEO is saying its about the same weight as the comp? I'm still trying to figure this one out.
The DIN (EU) weight of the manual M2CS is 1550 (1625) kgs, identical to the manual M2C. That's what the CEO is referring to.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:24 PM   #521
chmura
Colonel
chmura's Avatar
1281
Rep
2,189
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
We have seen info and posts on features available on the M2 CS which ain't available on M2 Competition.

Here's what springs to mind about the opposite: available on M2 Competition, but unavailable on the M2 CS:
  1. Long Beach Blue Metallic and Sunset Orange Metallic body colors
  2. center console featuring retractable armrest with storage cubbyhole (+ more maintenance-friendly trim than alcantara trim)
  3. sport seats without cut-outs
  4. lumbar support
  5. non-adaptive suspension ('one size fits all' uniformity)
  6. metal roof
  7. glass sliding roof (moonroof)
  8. comfort access
  9. Driving Assistant ('Lane Departure Warning' & 'Collision & Pedestrian Warning')
  10. 'regular' electronic airco
  11. wireless charging & WiFi hotspot
  12. 40/20/40 foldable rear seats with armrest (including cupholders) & load-through
  13. heated steering wheel
  14. 19" 788M wheels
Steel or aluminum roof?
__________________
2019 M2 Competition- October 2, 2018 ED
2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White
Picked up via ED 9/27/2011 & Redelivered 11/23/2011 **SOLD**
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #522
drgmt
Lieutenant Colonel
drgmt's Avatar
810
Rep
1,692
Posts

Drives: M4 CS
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Australia

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M2NYC15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
That's why the M2 CS will come with Cup 2 tires. Will have a slight advantage over the M2 C.
And the Adaptive suspension which helps corner better overall. But still does not answer why BMW blog has the M2CS curb weight at 3,377lbs or 1,532KG and the CEO is saying its about the same weight as the comp? I'm still trying to figure this one out.
It's an exactly the same car with cosmetic enhancements and is a blatant attempt to gauge customers.

If consumers hold off and are smart - it will crash in price like the M3 and M4 CS and then become a good buy.

Can't believe this thing will sell out for that money.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 04:07 PM   #523
medphysdave
Captain
United_States
581
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Let's do a realistic exercise. In an ideal situation one could just order an M2C with the stuff we wanted back when the CS/CSL was a fictional character. What would it cost to get the following (US reference frame)

M2C
6MT
Exec pack
CF hood
CF roof
CF trunk
763M wheels
M-performance exhaust
Tune
M performance coilovers

Bonus items, imo, on CS are M4C seats, upgraded leather, adaptive suspension.

Carbon lip, diffuser, and decklid spoiler are wasted money. Extra power doesn't matter because that can be achieved with a tune.
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #524
elitt13
Lieutenant
elitt13's Avatar
France
59
Rep
455
Posts

Drives: BMW Serie 1///M Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: soutern france

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M coup  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM2 View Post
What does this mean. Like dealer just give you an allocation just like that?

it's not an allocation, just like that, it's been 2 years since I left a deposit for ordering the M2 CS, so I was the first in my dealership to order. In France there is only one vehicle per concession /// M
__________________
- Srie 1 ///M BSM -
Appreciate 2
izzyM2297.00

      12-03-2019, 04:40 PM   #525
medphysdave
Captain
United_States
581
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

M2C
6MT
Exec pack 61606 includes mperformance steering wheel
CF hood - 6440
CF roof - 3k est includes install
CF trunk - 4280
763M wheels - 6460 - 800 for black
M-performance exhaust - 4520 + install
Tune - $1k est.
M performance coilovers -2860 + install

Without installation costs I come to $90,166. Some will say that you can get these parts cheaper after the fact. However, that eliminates the ability to easily finance the vehicle. One could reasonably assume you could sell the factory wheels to make up some cost. Please point out what I'm missing.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious1827.50

      12-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #526
Hegge
Second Lieutenant
104
Rep
232
Posts

Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
M2C
6MT
Exec pack 61606 includes mperformance steering wheel
CF hood - 6440
CF roof - 3k est includes install
CF trunk - 4280
763M wheels - 6460 - 800 for black
M-performance exhaust - 4520 + install
Tune - $1k est.
M performance coilovers -2860 + install

Without installation costs I come to $90,166. Some will say that you can get these parts cheaper after the fact. However, that eliminates the ability to easily finance the vehicle. One could reasonably assume you could sell the factory wheels to make up some cost. Please point out what I'm missing.
DCT is another $2900. Also add sport cup 2 tires and alcantara.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious1827.50

      12-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #527
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3783
Rep
15,425
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Let's do a realistic exercise. In an ideal situation one could just order an M2C with the stuff we wanted back when the CS/CSL was a fictional character. What would it cost to get the following (US reference frame)

M2C
6MT
Exec pack
CF hood
CF roof
CF trunk
763M wheels
M-performance exhaust
Tune
M performance coilovers

Bonus items, imo, on CS are M4C seats, upgraded leather, adaptive suspension.

Carbon lip, diffuser, and decklid spoiler are wasted money. Extra power doesn't matter because that can be achieved with a tune.
I believe somebody already did this earlier within this thread.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #528
medphysdave
Captain
United_States
581
Rep
770
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I believe somebody already did this earlier within this thread.
Was it me? It may have been.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST