BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > California VPC Fun.

01-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Arizona_Steve
Driving 'Mr Car Car'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW BMW M2

California VPC Fun.

As some of you may have read, I have an AW M2 that came into port on January 6th on the Tongala. As of the 20th, there was no sign that my vehicle had been processed, so Ms. Arizona_Steve contacted the dealership. We have been informed that one of the tires was punctured and the delivery date has now been pushed out to the 31st.

Since I wouldn't expect it to take that long to replace a tire, I'm beginning to wonder if there is additional shipping damage to the car that is not being disclosed and whether or not it might affect resale value down the road. Unfortunately there is not much transparency on the VPC side and I'm sure the dealership has not been informed of anything other than the punctured tire (I have been informed they are Michelins, so I have that going for me, at least).

Am I worrying too much here?

Edit: Thought I put this in the ordering sub-forum, Mods feel free to move this.

Last edited by Arizona_Steve; 01-20-2017 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Added possible wrong forum note.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:05 PM   #2
azfootdoc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2 HEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona_Steve View Post
As some of you may have read, I have an AW M2 that came into port on January 6th on the Tongala. As of the 20th, there was no sign that my vehicle had been processed, so Ms. Arizona_Steve contacted the dealership. We have been informed that one of the tires was punctured and the delivery date has now been pushed out to the 31st.

Since I wouldn't expect it to take that long to replace a tire, I'm beginning to wonder if there is additional shipping damage to the car that is not being disclosed and whether or not it might affect resale value down the road. Unfortunately there is not much transparency on the VPC side and I'm sure the dealership has not been informed of anything other than the punctured tire (I have been informed they are Michelins, so I have that going for me, at least).

Edit: Thought I put this in the ordering sub-forum, Mods feel free to move this.
Maybe they only have Contis laying around and they wanted to put PSS's on it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
SoCalRob
King of the World
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

It strikes me as an excessive delay. I would worry that the damage was more extensive than they are letting on. If I were you, I'd raise hell with BMW (your dealer and the customer support line) until I got clear, complete answers. Best of luck. -scr
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 08:33 PM   #4
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by azfootdoc View Post
Quote:

Maybe they only have Contis laying around and they wanted to put PSS's on it?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #5
SGL
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:

Since I wouldn't expect it to take that long to replace a tire, I'm beginning to wonder if there is additional shipping damage to the car that is not being disclosed and whether or not it might affect resale value down the road. Unfortunately, there is not much transparency on the VPC side and I'm sure the dealership has not been informed of anything other than the punctured tire (I have been informed they are Michelins, so I have that going for me, at least).

The last time I replaced my PSS M2 spec tire, I waited about a month and a half to get one tire, and that was going directly to Michelin through my friend that has a relationship with them. It could be that they don't have a stock of those tires on hand and with the transition to the P4S = long wait.
Appreciate 1
BMWM5NYC502.00