BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

05-24-2020, 11:22 AM   #1937
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Belgian/German cars always seem first out the door.

That hood/bonnet looks amazing.
      05-24-2020, 07:35 PM   #1938
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm getting gold wheels one way or another. Probably still going blue and gold, thinking about white and gold. Would really like to see silver and gold in person.
Dave

I realize a lot of what I say next is very subjective, BUT my intent is NOT to try and convince you to like what I like . . .

Seems impossible that t it will ever happen . . . but I sure wish you could see the M2CS with various color and wheel options in-person before having to make a decision as to which way you want to go.

Regarding the pain color, and as I have commented before. . . LBB on the M2C looks great online, but I do not like it in-person. Why, in too many lighting instances the blue looks more teal than blue. HS not much to look at online, but truly impressive in-person. SO DYNAMIC and looks good in all lighting. My point is that had I not seen both colors in-person - only online - I would have picked LBB and likely regretted my choice.

I know you have seen HS in-person, so you know if you like it - which I think you do? You might have seen Misano Blue Metallic on another BMW in-person? One impression I have of MB online is that the 'blue' prevails in most lighting shown online and I like it. Just as the LBB takes on a teal hue in certain lighting, it appears the MB takes on a 'purplish' hue in certain lighting, which I also like ONLINE. Not sure if I would like MB in-person or not? Are you convinced you will like MB in-person?

You and I cordially spar about the M2CS. No animosity whatsoever on my part - nor do I sense any on yours. Just a little friendly back and forth. One topic that comes up is those G'damn gold wheels If you like gold wheels and want them, of course, you must have them. If you like them, then I will love the fact you are happy with your decision.

With the above stated, it has not simply been the fact that I do not like the color of 763m gold wheels, online or in-person. Rather, there is something else that I could not put my finger on with the pics I have seen of M2CS . . . until I saw a recent post by Cannondale in another thread, where he posted a pic of his HS M2C with gold 763m wheels.

What I realized is that - although I like the architecture of the 763m wheels - they always seems to look undersized. By 'undersized' I mean they always look too small for the wheel well. For example, I believe the 763m wheels are 20", but they always look like 18" wheels. This is true of black 763m wheels, but even more pronounced with the gold wheels.

I also have noticed the fender-to-tire gap appears quite large with the M2CS. Visually, the undersized appearance of the golds 763m wheels seems to accentuate the fender-to-tire gap. Could be an illusion? Regardless, it is not just the gold color I do not like, but how the gold wheels exacerbate the undersized appearance of the 763m wheels - and accentuate the fender-to-tire gap.

My point is NOT to try and convince of my subjective view on the gold wheels. Rather, just like paint colors, YOUR OWN opinion could change significantly online versus in person. Again, seems unlikely you will have the option of seeing the M2CS build you think you want in person before pulling trigger. This is unfortunate, but perhaps you are aware of a way around the situation for which I am not?

///AVM
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 08:10 PM   #1939
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

I as will would like to see these color combo in person ahead of time. So much do that I may try to connect with someone that has HS and gold wheels. If seen Has in person and it looks sooo good in all different lighting. It has gold, blue, and flat hues. It's pretty incredible. MB looks mostly flat blue from what I've seen in person. It grows on you, but doesn't wow you. Then I realized how close it was to my Ulta blue on my jag that I very much like. I need to see Misano in bright sunlight.

Agree with the appearance of smaller wheels or something brough on by the gold wheels. I've never been a big fan of black wheels. I suspect my dealership would show me to change it my wheels to black if I hated the gold. The BMW HAS isn't out off the question for slightly letting the CS ride height to reduce some of that fender gap. That and some shifter upgrades would be in order if BMW hasn't made an attempt at reducing some of the perceived mushiness in shifting. Obviously this is a personal perception so I'll have to wait until it's in hand before I know.

Gold wheels are coming on whatever color I land on as I'm just one of the odd ducks that likes gold wheels. I'm going to ask my SA when he returns from maternity if he can order a gold wheel that I can take a peak at. I think it's a reasonable request when contempt an $85k car. Hopefully they oblige.

The pic I posted a few posts up is what MB had always looked like when I have seen it.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-24-2020, 08:24 PM   #1940
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
I as will would like to see these color combo in person ahead of time. So much do that I may try to connect with someone that has HS and gold wheels. If seen Has in person and it looks sooo good in all different lighting. It has gold, blue, and flat hues. It's pretty incredible. MB looks mostly flat blue from what I've seen in person. It grows on you, but doesn't wow you. Then I realized how close it was to my Ulta blue on my jag that I very much like. I need to see Misano in bright sunlight.

Agree with the appearance of smaller wheels or something brough on by the gold wheels. I've never been a big fan of black wheels. I suspect my dealership would show me to change it my wheels to black if I hated the gold. The BMW HAS isn't out off the question for slightly letting the CS ride height to reduce some of that fender gap. That and some shifter upgrades would be in order if BMW hasn't made an attempt at reducing some of the perceived mushiness in shifting. Obviously this is a personal perception so I'll have to wait until it's in hand before I know.

Gold wheels are coming on whatever color I land on as I'm just one of the odd ducks that likes gold wheels. I'm going to ask my SA when he returns from maternity if he can order a gold wheel that I can take a peak at. I think it's a reasonable request when contempt an $85k car. Hopefully they oblige.

The pic I posted a few posts up is what MB had always looked like when I have seen it.
Dave

I am not particularly keen on black wheels with MB. What I do think would killer with MB are those silver Apex wheels CoChris put on his LBB M2C.

At any rate, do you think BMW is going to release the M2 CS before they release the M2 CSL?

Have a great Memorial Day!

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:09 AM   #1941
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
There needs to a post in this thread every day. So I'm leaving this here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
F87EVO4020.50
Poochie9103.00
JustChris17480.00
      05-26-2020, 03:00 AM   #1942
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
And this !
Attached Images

Poochie9103.00
Davil6464.50
JustChris17480.00
      05-26-2020, 03:27 AM   #1943
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
I'm not a big add-on accessories guy but the addition of that looming, carbon fiber hood (bonnet), just adds so much presence to the M2's front fascia, making it look so freaking ballsy!
Appreciate 4
F87EVO4020.50
Davil6464.50
JustChris17480.00
WWM3962.50
      05-26-2020, 04:14 AM   #1944
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
I'm not a big add-on accessories guy but the addition of that looming carbon fiber hood (bonnet), just add so much presence to the M2's fascia, making it look so freaking ballsy!
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not a big add-on accessories guy but the addition of that looming carbon fiber hood (bonnet), just add so much presence to the M2's fascia, making it look so freaking ballsy!
Wait for the new 4 fascia in 7 days !
Attached Images

05-27-2020, 03:45 AM   #1945
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I'm not a big add-on accessories guy but the addition of that looming, carbon fiber hood (bonnet), just adds so much presence to the M2's front fascia, making it look so freaking ballsy!
Agreed. It needs a hole to be whole.

One of these is not like the other.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      05-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #1946
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I guess we were kinda right about there being no 2021 M2C so that the M2CS could maintain production. Those in Europe holding out on an M2C got the shaft. Maybe this is the tactic to move the remaining CS models not taken
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #1947
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Looks like a very good looking car. Hoping for an allocation but I can't pay dealer markup. Only time will tell how many the US will get as I would think that it would be around August or so for allocations to come out.
Appreciate 1
leemik509.00
      05-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #1948
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Looks like a very good looking car. Hoping for an allocation but I can't pay dealer markup. Only time will tell how many the US will get as I would think that it would be around August or so for allocations to come out.
I'm with you. I won't pay a markup. It's already marked up enough :P
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 04:00 PM   #1949
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, X5 45e, i3, Cayman S

Quote:
I'm with you. I won't pay a markup. It's already marked up enough :P
I at least have that going for me - guarantee from dealer of MSRP at worst.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 06:39 PM   #1950
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
I at least have that going for me - guarantee from dealer of MSRP at worst.
Yes, me too. I'll try to get a discount, but not holding my breath. If I can get one of these 0.9% finance rates I'll finance the whole thing. That's cheap money and I can make more keeping money elsewhere. BMW cca and maybe something else will pop up. I'm going to see if I can work a deal on CCB and maybe some extra warranty. However, my insurance offers an extended warranty.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:08 PM   #1951
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Yes, me too. I'll try to get a discount, but not holding my breath. If I can get one of these 0.9% finance rates I'll finance the whole thing. That's cheap money and I can make more keeping money elsewhere. BMW cca and maybe something else will pop up. I'm going to see if I can work a deal on CCB and maybe some extra warranty. However, my insurance offers an extended warranty.
Same except the ccb's
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:37 AM   #1952
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
What's happening in the UK?

Around 5 minutes in. Harris mentions his M2C and Flintoff mentions CS.

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 06:15 AM   #1953
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Recently CH took delivery of a black M2C:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CAPoG79n-hX/
      05-28-2020, 11:02 AM   #1954
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

You mean with regard to CH's M2 value dropping in half already?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #1955
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
I thought it was interesting, but also not what I've seen in my area of the US either. M2 Comps are still hard to come by in the midwest and still selling within 20% of their original MSRP (Typically over 40K for 2018 or newer, 50's for 2019's, versus 62-66k 2020 MSRP).

I haven't pulled a Truecar to see what the deals look like on new, that could be interesting as a comparison.
2014 Cayman S
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 11:23 AM   #1956
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Quote:
I thought it was interesting, but also not what I've seen in my area of the US either. M2 Comps are still hard to come by in the midwest and still selling within 20% of their original MSRP (Typically over 40K for 2018 or newer, 50's for 2019's, versus 62-66k 2020 MSRP).

I haven't pulled a Truecar to see what the deals look like on new, that could be interesting as a comparison.
Also surprised how firm Midwest dealers are holding out on new on lots M2Cs. I spoke to a few dealers earlier this month who have had their M2Cs on lot for 5 months and they refuse to come anywhere near that 10% benchmark we use around the forum.
      05-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #1957
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Track events with the CS

https://netftnoa.bmwgroup.com/ca/bmw...l2M2CS&lang=en

7/21 Spielberg
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #1958
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Yes. Wondering what that was about!
Appreciate 0