BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

05-05-2020, 06:56 PM   #1827
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Yeah, I was hoping for easy purchase of a M2C2 with Euro Delivery....guess not - bye bye BMW! Back to Porsche
Curious why you chose a BMW over a Porsche in the first place?

At first, I thought you would be interested due to the exclusivity factor and uniqueness of the M2CS. But you're now saying you're no longer interested in the M2CS because of no ED.
Yea, I would take delivery of a M2 CS in hell, if I had to, as long as I could get my hands on one.. It would never be contingent on ED..

You seen that thing, it's sexy AF, no ED whatsoever; I'm already hard
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 07:17 PM   #1828
lax01
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Curious why you chose a BMW over a Porsche in the first place?

At first, I thought you would be interested due to the exclusivity factor and uniqueness of the M2CS. But you're now saying you're no longer interested in the M2CS because of no ED.
Multiple reasons - I wanted a warranty and used-GT Porsches are pretty expensive. I was also worried about driving a car that was appreciating and just felt like I was lighting money on fire every time I took it out. New ones, of course, even more so.

Doubtful I would be able to afford a new-GT car ED with Porsche - I'd have to buy used...

The reason I came back to the M2 back in 2017 was because I needed something fun and fast and practical with a warranty (I actually did have a car for the first time in my adult life for 6 months after I sold the GT3). With the GT3, I was also tired of dragging the front bumper and lip LITERALLY everywhere you go - and getting in and out of true bucket seats becomes obnoxious.

Some days, especially since I'm barely driving the M2, I do seriously miss the GT3

I guess my reasoning for the M2CS was to experience the Euro Delivery with something special and unique - I wasn't on any lists - I wasn't going to spend hours trying to get dealers to sell me a car. if I could find one and get Euro Delivery, I probably would have done.

It may have been a pipe dream - now an impossible dream. Oh well - can always go rent another Ring car and do that again in the future when the world returns to semi-normal
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 01:49 AM   #1829
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Why is Euro Delivery so important to some people ? I dont get it .
JustChris17485.50
      05-06-2020, 03:19 AM   #1830
tranck
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpine White BMW M2

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
I don't even understand what it is.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:27 AM   #1831
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranck View Post
Quote:
So important to the point that you never buy again BMW and move to another brand 😅 ? Doesnt make sense !
JustChris17485.50
gmhl10384.50
      05-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #1832
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Agreed. Saying you'd no longer buy new or change brand to another seems bizarre!!
gmhl10384.50
      05-06-2020, 04:05 AM   #1833
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Take loads of photos and stick them online.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.
Car arrives at dealers some weeks later to collect.

Sounds like a cracking car enthusiasts holiday but to:-

1) never buy new agaian if this no longer exists
2) switch brands for same reason

Riiiighhtt ok. Not over reacting much
      05-06-2020, 04:29 AM   #1834
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
I mean , its a great experience i would love to make a euro trip as well , since my country is not in mainland EU , and its RHD , but for me it would be dream one day to meet other car people somewhere in EU , someday i will do this by shipping my M2 to Greece and from there make a Euro trip and meet some people on the way ! And who knows ? Maybe take it to the US one day for a 3 months holiday ! I know , have a lot plans and dreams with my long awaited m2cs , but really the topic with the end of the ED is going ridiculous !
      05-06-2020, 04:56 AM   #1835
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

Yeah, some posts under the ED cancellation thread is pretty absurd. Seems like a lot of posturing by the few that will disavow BMW and move to Porsche.

As I have mentioned before, if you have the option to go to Porsche and still meet all the requirements you have in a car, that should be a no brainer. What makes BMW so attractive is the price point and combination of utility. That was the entire brand ethos back with the e30 M3.

I for one I'm excited there are so much marketing dollars allocated to M. They're producing more variations of M cars than ever before. More people get to experience M, whether it's the awesome M2C or the X3M (if owners require greater utility). Having choices is not a bad thing. But to each their own I guess...
///AVM2529.50
JustChris17485.50
      05-06-2020, 05:15 AM   #1836
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

As I have mentioned before, if you have the option to go to Porsche and still meet all the requirements you have in a car, that should be a no brained. What makes BMW so attractive is the price point and combination of utility.
I just roll my eyes, until it touches the back of my skull, when people make such absurd claims and abstract reasoning like; I was going to purchase a CS but now __________ .. How precisely convenient..

It reminds me of that time I was going to buy a Lambo but it so happen, they didn't have change for a million dollar bill.. Damn it!
Appreciate 3
JCZ51482.50
///AVM2529.50
JustChris17485.50
      05-06-2020, 05:23 AM   #1837
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

As I have mentioned before, if you have the option to go to Porsche and still meet all the requirements you have in a car, that should be a no brained. What makes BMW so attractive is the price point and combination of utility.
I just roll my eyes, until it touches the back of my skull, when people make such absurd claims and abstract reasoning like; I was going to purchase a CS but now __________ .. How precisely convenient..

It reminds me of that time I was going to buy a Lambo but it so happen, they didn't have change for a million dollar bill.. Damn it!
Ugh, so sorry you missed that opportunity on a lambo. Hate to have that happen to someone. 😂. But I still think they offer ED so at least you're not leaving the brand permanently!
      05-06-2020, 05:41 AM   #1838
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

Ugh, so sorry you missed that opportunity on a lambo. Hate to have that happen to someone. 😂. But I still think they offer ED so at least you're not leaving the brand permanently!
Thanks, that's good to know..

Imagine the horrible thought of actually purchasing a vehicle, without the option of intercepting it, in the country of origin!

Do people actually live like this? Like who, peasants? :

Eww.. Weirdos..
Appreciate 1
///AVM2529.50
      05-06-2020, 06:09 AM   #1839
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

The US version of delivery seems neat with the included driving experience. I guess South Carolina isn't as sexy as a trip to Germany, but it's still a nice perk.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 06:40 AM   #1840
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
The US version of delivery seems neat with the included driving experience. I guess South Carolina isn't as sexy as a trip to Germany, but it's still a nice perk.
Exactly. Here's the thing, doing ED is actually a pretty big commitment. Normally, people spend on average a week in Europe. You have to make all the hotel reservations, plan out your visits, deal with parking, etc. And more often than not, you spend much more money than what you're actually saving with the program. Sure, people can say they make this as a vacation, but again, you commit to this vacation and don't really have a choice, if you want to experience ED.

PCD is far more accessible and only lasts a day, from getting there the night before, to the event and delivery. People can sign up for this without much thinking, do the pickup fun and be on their way. Also, the driving course was great and fun. It actually gives you a taste of what can be, if you actually sign up for the M driving school.

Sorry to take this convo away from the main topic. But at least participants in this thread seems to have more sense.

And also what is happening with the CS lol. This is by far one of the oddest special vehicle launch I have ever seen....been dragging on for a year now
gmhl10384.50
      05-06-2020, 06:56 AM   #1841
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. Here's the thing, doing ED is actually a pretty big commitment. Normally, people spend on average a week in Europe. You have to make all the hotel reservations, plan out your visits, deal with parking, etc. And more often than not, you spend much more money than what you're actually saving with the program. Sure, people can say they make this as a vacation, but again, you commit to this vacation and don't really have a choice, if you want to experience ED.

PCD is far more accessible and only lasts a day, from getting there the night before, to the event and delivery. People can sign up for this without much thinking, do the pickup fun and be on their way. Also, the driving course was great and fun. It actually gives you a taste of what can be, if you actually sign up for the M driving school.

Sorry to take this convo away from the main topic. But at least participants in this thread seems to have more sense.

And also what is happening with the CS lol. This is by far one of the oddest special vehicle launch I have ever seen....been dragging on for a year now
I think this thread is for all thins CS and its tangents. If BMW didn't tease us for so long this thread would likely be a quarter of its current post number. I plan to do the Spartanburg experience since I'm only an hour away. My guess is that the Euro discount that was previously being given is now funding the program.

Will CS purchases include the M drivers school since it includes the option that increases top speed? It would make sense to me if it did.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 08:33 AM   #1842
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

Indeed.

Jeez now it only comes in 4 colours I'm out.

(Nothing to do with being 12th on a list, credit rating not stretching to that car, car being fairly expensive for what it is!)

Cometh the hour cometh the real fans.

I've happily admitted at one very early stage, maybe 2 years ago I had my unicorn deposit down. For me I could see the car wasn't going to deviate enough to be make the £££ worth it. For others it certainly does and good luck to them. Special car for sure.
      05-06-2020, 08:57 AM   #1843
Poochie
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

Indeed.

Jeez now it only comes in 4 colours I'm out.

(Nothing to do with being 12th on a list, credit rating not stretching to that car, car being fairly expensive for what it is!)

Cometh the hour cometh the real fans.

I've happily admitted at one very early stage, maybe 2 years ago I had my unicorn deposit down. For me I could see the car wasn't going to deviate enough to be make the £££ worth it. For others it certainly does and good luck to them. Special car for sure.
If I'm honest with myself, only💰would keep me from owning this piece of automotive art.

I know that's easy to say but being a fan of the F-Series M2, this represents the crème de la crème, since the model's inception.

It's more than just a sweet M2, with a new badge; it's the highest tier of this series, of which, money can buy.

The CS with Adaptive Suspension and a stock, high-strung S55 motor, which can smoothly put down all of those 440hp, all in the M2's platform, is true automotive bliss.

The Competition was already anointed with the S55 motor, so that took away some of the exclusivity that the CS was suppose to commander but if look back on the M2 platform, from its origin, the CS represents a highest delta package, in this model's range.

That, in itself, might not be enough to sway the high-rollers, that can actually play poker with the dealers, for a gold ticket to the CS, which would be a shame because it looks like a pure winner.

I think it's objectively worth it, if you are one to follow the lineage and appreciate the value, in an exclusive trim.

Yes, it's hella expensive but when you factor in what goes into substantiate a limited run vehicle, for manufacturer, the MSRP has to offset some of this expensive.
Appreciate 2
F87EVO4031.00
Davil6523.00
      05-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #1844
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
So important to the point that you never buy again BMW and move to another brand 😅 ? Doesnt make sense !
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

It's more that BMW is no longer an enthusiast company....they no longer actually care about driving performance.

That's my biggest problem...Euro Delivery sounds like a bucket-list item and Porsche is the only company (besides Benz) still offering them
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 02:51 PM   #1845
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Fly to the Germany.
Pick up car at the Welt.
Drive around Europe.
Fly back.

It's more that BMW is no longer an enthusiast company....they no longer actually care about driving performance.

That's my biggest problem...Euro Delivery sounds like a bucket-list item and Porsche is the only company (besides Benz) still offering them
So you are saying that BMW doesnt care about the enthusiast because they stopped ED ? And that they dont care about driving performance !? Really!?
      05-06-2020, 02:53 PM   #1846
lax01
Major
Rep

Quote:
So you are saying that BMW doesnt care about the enthusiast because they stopped ED ? And that they dont care about driving performance !? Really!?
That and all of the other recent decisions they have been making - AWD and MASSIVE M3

Charging an ARM and LEG for an obtainable M2CS parts-bin car

Just annoyed by their current business strategy
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 03:00 PM   #1847
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
That and all of the other recent decisions they have been making - AWD and MASSIVE M3

Charging and ARM and LEG for an obtainable M2CS parts-bin car

Just annoyed by their current business strategy
Its not a secret anymore that BMW focuses the M3/4 on performance more than ever before , things changed back from E92 where the M3 got bigger and more powerful , so now , they had to make this step because of competition ! This is the evolution of cars , in the following years the M3 and all of the M cars wont even have an engine ! The M2 sticks to the tradition of compact M car where the 2002 , E30 , E36 , E46 was ! And cant see people complaining about the evolution of the M3 nowadays ! Just like a 911 of the 1980s changed to a supercar nowadays ! AWD , Hybrids , Electrics , is the evolution of those cars , they have to fight competition ! As for the designs , this is the time that BMW decided to move on and change their design language. But i wouldnt say that they are trash because of that . Its the evolution.
      05-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #1848
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Fun fact:. This thread contains 1.5% of all posts within BMW M2 Discussion section.
Appreciate 1
lax01792.50