BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

Yesterday, 08:55 PM   #1981
///AVM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 CGTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Just for kicks it looks like the M2 CS front lip, hood, and rear spoiler are right at $10k without install. That takes a $65k MSRP m2C to $75k. Now before someone says you can get an m2 used or new with a discount this wasn't always the case. Usually getting one of the first ones in the states doesn't come with a discount. Those purchasing a CS are the early adopters and going to pay to play.
Dave

I did not actually look at the prices. . . I know these things are expensive and most likely marked way up for profit. Plus, in truth, none of them interest me.

That said, I suspect things are even worse than they appear and, perhaps, you can deny or confirm?

Namely, if one were to order an M2C, it comes with a hood that might not be quite as expensive as the CF hood, but I suspect still pretty damn expensive. So, if one were to order a CF hood at time of M2C build, do they give you credit for the cost of the stock hood toward the CF hood . . . I seriously doubt it?

So, if I am correct, you are not only paying for the CF hood, but also paying for the stock hood that BMW will keep. Am I wrong? Or does BMW give you a credit for the stock hood toward the CF hood?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:37 PM   #1982
Artemis
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
How is the front lip vastly different from the M Performance front lip? At cursory look, I notice no difference except for the major price bump.
The CS spoiler seems more in line cost wise with the M Performance spoiler.
CF front lip (splitter) has a different design.

M Performance Parts:
Name:  M2C_MPP.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  78.4 KB

M2 CS:
Name:  M2_CS_ CF_Splitter_Design.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  56.6 KB
      Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #1983
kyrocks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp plus Porsches

I asked a BMW sales guy today about the M2 CS. He said they were already out and have been a flop. I said, really? Not the M3/M4 CS...they were a flop. He said "no, the M2 CS. They have not sold well at all. Who puts gold wheels on a car anyway?!"
Appreciate 2
Poochie4570.50
ried619.00

Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #1984
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrocks View Post
I asked a BMW sales guy today about the M2 CS. He said they were already out and have been a flop. I said, really? Not the M3/M4 CS...they were a flop. He said "no, the M2 CS. They have not sold well at all. Who puts gold wheels on a car anyway?!"
What an idiot, I had a BMW "Genius" tell me that the M2 CS is just a standard M2C with a Dinan piggyback and S1 kit but shhhhhh.. Don't tell anyone..

I then tried to clarify to him but he just kept sinking more and more in his ignorant ways, so I just allowed him to bask in it.

I have no idea who hires these people but I'm guessing their bosses are just as clueless as they are, so it's a merely a case of the blind leading the blind..
Appreciate 1
cncmastr551.00

Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #1985
kyrocks
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp plus Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
What an idiot, I had a BMW "Genius" tell me that the M2 CS is just a standard M2C with a Dinan piggyback and S1 kit but shhhhhh.. Don't tell anyone..

I then tried to clarify to him but he just kept sinking more and more in his ignorant ways, so I just allowed him to bask in it.

I have no idea who hires these people but I'm guessing their bosses are just as clueless as they are, so it's a merely a case of the blind leading the blind..
Yeah, I didn't say anything. I didn't want to be a jerk. I guess there's only a handful of knowledgeable M sales guys who have a purist enthusiasm for these cars.
Appreciate 1
F87 M2CS217.50

Today, 05:51 AM   #1986
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Another CS Walk around:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CA2PpCB...d=yoe2nqiip7wu
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:08 AM   #1987
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
M2 CS:
  • the car: no flop; cool piece of automotive kit;
  • MSRP: BMW punching above its weight; when "Too Much" is indeed too much.

Today, 06:20 AM   #1988
MKParris
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Also surprised how firm Midwest dealers are holding out on new on lots M2Cs. I spoke to a few dealers earlier this month who have had their M2Cs on lot for 5 months and they refuse to come anywhere near that 10% benchmark we use around the forum.
Same here - they are giving $2K off in FL and that is it.

2018 M3 - Sakhir - Black Extended - ZCP - DCT - Black 666M - Exec - CF everything
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:21 AM   #1989
Artemis
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKParris View Post
Quote:
Also surprised how firm Midwest dealers are holding out on new on lots M2Cs. I spoke to a few dealers earlier this month who have had their M2Cs on lot for 5 months and they refuse to come anywhere near that 10% benchmark we use around the forum.
Same here - they are giving $2K off in FL and that is it.
Be patient. Prices will come down later this year. Dealers will have no other choice with the current economic crisis.
      Today, 12:32 PM   #1990
medphysdave
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F-type SVR; M2 CS waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Be patient. Prices will come down later this year. Dealers will have no other choice with the current economic crisis.
I agree. In the US the Covid portion of the unemployment stimulus is propping up the economy. As an example. In NC the max unemployment drawn per week is $350. Covid adds $600 on top of that so $950/wk up until or through July. When this disappears and no jobs to go back to things will turn sour quickly.
Appreciate 0