BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > New here ...

02-22-2024, 09:16 AM   #23
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2 OG DCT

... I used those Conti`s on a Civic Type R (FK8) and was impressed, as good as the MPS4S on a previous Focus ST

What are you expecting to pay for fitting ... £50 ?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 01:58 PM   #24
Scottyp712
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2 competition

Garage List
I not sure, wud u say £50 for both to get fitted is cheap/good or about rite, as I don’t wanna get over charged on this part after saving a lot on the tyres
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 05:10 PM   #25
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep

I would hope that it is ~ £10 per tyre, depends on the place ... over the years many places have `rebelled` this practice as it reduces their revenue stream i.e. loss of outright sales

Shop around ...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 06:24 PM   #26
Kikuchiyo
Private
Japan
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyp712 View Post
Yeh I get ur points, but I’m not looking at budget tyres, but maybe better value tyres then the Michelin. There’s so many these days which just seem such better value, we got a place near me that sells Nexen tyres (who sponsor Man City) there meant be good, or anyone tried Hancook?
Toyo is a Chinese brand meant to be good value but high end,
Kumho tyres that I think sponsor or used sponsor Chelsea fc,
And imo the Michelin tyres the car comes with are crap anyway, I’m all over the place in the rain with them,
I totally agree with you with a small side note that Toyo is Japanese company not Chinese.

I replaced factory MPSS with Falken FK510 at about 2/3 the price. (I am not sure the brand is available in your market.)
I don’t track or daily it. I don’t see any problem within the range of my usage in terms of wet & dry grip and wear after 1.5 years.
The rubber may be stickier with MPSS but the tread is slightly wider with FK510 even with the same 245/265 size. This might mitigate the difference in the rubber quality and resulted in equivalent overall grip performance.
See the attached photo for reference. You should see FK510 (on the right) is more square suggesting a wider tread.
Attached Images

03-05-2024, 01:26 PM   #27
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2 View Post
I would hope that it is ~ £10 per tyre, depends on the place ... over the years many places have `rebelled` this practice as it reduces their revenue stream i.e. loss of outright sales

Shop around ...
The big chain tyre shops won't fit loose tyres usually, ie they all give BS they're not allowed to fit tyres that they didn't supply.

I haven't paid £10 a tyre for 20 years! Even the grubby back street tyre place near us wants £15 and that's cash only to the boss as a lunchtime foreigner.

Then there's the rim damage they blame on "low profile" tyres, national tyres wrecked all 4 wheels on my E90 about 15 years ago.

I've got 2 small scrapes from previous tyres on the M2C rims, they offered "smart repairs" but no way.

Then they scratch up the bolt holes with impact tools

Seems like fitters are getting worse.
Appreciate 1
Andrew2180.00
      03-06-2024, 01:11 PM   #28
Markyc66
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
The big chain tyre shops won't fit loose tyres usually, ie they all give BS they're not allowed to fit tyres that they didn't supply.

I haven't paid £10 a tyre for 20 years! Even the grubby back street tyre place near us wants £15 and that's cash only to the boss as a lunchtime foreigner.

Then there's the rim damage they blame on "low profile" tyres, national tyres wrecked all 4 wheels on my E90 about 15 years ago.

I've got 2 small scrapes from previous tyres on the M2C rims, they offered "smart repairs" but no way.

Then they scratch up the bolt holes with impact tools

Seems like fitters are getting worse.
A good few years ago when I needed some fitted I was paying £15 and I thought that was good.

Maybe I’ve got lucky cause one of my good mates does wheel refurbishment and whenever I need tyres swapped/fitted he’s happy to do them.
Where he does refurb’s he’s so careful putting tyres on. Even with my ‘track wheels’ that I really don’t care about he does it without putting a mark on them.

I can’t even give him a drink for doing it as he doesn’t take it
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 03:05 PM   #29
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep

My favourite lines in the Owners Manual ...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0