BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > UK > UK warranty ?

05-04-2022, 11:08 PM   #1
dstow13
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C ; Ford Mustang GT

UK warranty ?

I'm an American living in the UK and I have the Miltek OPF back exhaust on my 2019 M2C. My end of warranty check is in a few weeks, but I have also purchased an extended warranty through BMW. As I am unfamiliar with UK dealers/warranties, my question is since I have the Miltek exhaust on, will this void my warranty?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 11:14 AM   #2
SW6Steve
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstow13 View Post
I'm an American living in the UK and I have the Miltek OPF back exhaust on my 2019 M2C. My end of warranty check is in a few weeks, but I have also purchased an extended warranty through BMW. As I am unfamiliar with UK dealers/warranties, my question is since I have the Miltek exhaust on, will this void my warranty?
I believe they don't like any alterations from factory.
Do what most do and don't mention it.
It's basically down to the dealer you use, If they want to make an issue out of it.
I have bmw extended warranty, plenty of mods, all be it mostly oem. Have made a couple of claims, and not had an issue with my dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 02:35 PM   #3
otee10
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstow13 View Post
Would only be exhaust related issues that are void.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 04:33 AM   #4
Carrera2RS
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Unless there is an engine failure and they suggest it was exhaust related which it couldn't be, but I have seen BMW try.... depends if you have a decent dealer. Just back box should be a OK
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2023, 10:46 AM   #5
Andrew2
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: M2 OG DCT

Insured - Extended Warranty

Recent experience re. a broken rear coil spring ...

Dealer initial diagnosis - failure due to corrosion hence not covered by the warranty - upon reviewing their pictures I could see that this was not the case - it was only the paint coating that was corroded and not the spring material - upon review the dealer agreed and the claim was upheld

NB - BMW policy

Spring fails due to corrosion - the pair should be replaced

Spring fails due to `other` defect - only that item needs to be replaced

Having read and re-read my Insured Warranty policy, if the claim had not been upheld I would have not accepted this and taken it further
Appreciate 0