BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M2 Winglets Installation

09-19-2018, 02:50 PM   #1
Little Mac
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

M2 Winglets Installation

Hi,

I purchased a set of front and side winglets and I wonder if anyone that has fitted them has a installation manual on how to fit them. The only one I've managed to find online has been in German.

Thanks Cam
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

Hope this helps.

My husband installed the front and side winglets and didn't use the liquid adhesive (BMW sells the entire kit; aka Betalink). He prep'd the surface with adhesion promoter (We had the betalink kit as it came with the rear spoiler). You will need a rivet tool. Let me know and I'll post what he purchased off of Amazon as he said it worked perfectly.

https://www.parts.bmwgroup.com/infod...0361%20697.pdf

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ge?ie=UTF8&psc

Last edited by ///Monika; 09-19-2018 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Added rivet tool.
Appreciate 2
ChrisK4449.00
      09-19-2018, 03:58 PM   #3
Little Mac
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
Hope this helps.

My husband installed the front and side winglets and didn't use the liquid adhesive (BMW sells the entire kit; aka Betalink). He prep'd the surface with adhesion promoter (We had the betalink kit as it came with the rear spoiler). You will need a rivet tool. Let me know and I'll post what he purchased off of Amazon as he said it worked perfectly.

https://www.parts.bmwgroup.com/infod...0361%20697.pdf
Thank you very much for this!! Yeah if you could let me know what one he used then I can get one on order hoping to fit them this weekend
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 04:46 PM   #4
///Monika
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i & '18 M2

You're very welcome, added the Amazon link to the post above. Definitely use the BMW rivets as they were superior (stronger) to the ones provided by Amazon with the rivet tool. I remember seeing him install these and the fronts were much easier than the side skirts since they align using much of the front bumper hardware. The side skirts have some play in them and this could lead to them being misaligned when comparing sides.

//M
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #5
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Monika View Post
You're very welcome, added the Amazon link to the post above. Definitely use the BMW rivets as they were superior (stronger) to the ones provided by Amazon with the rivet tool. I remember seeing him install these and the fronts were much easier than the side skirts since they align using much of the front bumper hardware. The side skirts have some play in them and this could lead to them being misaligned when comparing sides.

//M
Reviving this as I’m having a little trouble fitting the fronts. I can’t seem to get these to slide onto the underbody piece correctly (page 10 below.) How far did you guys pull the underbody off? Just pull it down or slide it out from under the front bumper entirely?

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...7&d=1532884117
Appreciate 0