05-25-2020, 01:16 PM   #23
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Any good reason to get KW V4?

Is it difficult to setup properly with that many variables?

Any reviews?
Haven't heard anything about V4 but V3 is on sale from IND for about $2300 today for Memorial Day. The promo code is on the Instagram or DM me for it. Idk if I can post it here
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 05:03 PM   #24
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
We need to find a new parts rep who can sale at wholesale.
I have a wholesale account at my local BMW dealership. I might be able to get decent pricing, but shipping was another benefit that Brian was able to do at a low cost.

I have found in the past that my wholesale pricing is equal to what you can find online anyway, so I've not mentioned it before.

Can someone give me a part number for the MPS kit and I'll let you know my price.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:18 PM   #25
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezil View Post
i have a wholesale account at my local bmw dealership. I might be able to get decent pricing, but shipping was another benefit that brian was able to do at a low cost.

I have found in the past that my wholesale pricing is equal to what you can find online anyway, so i've not mentioned it before.

Can someone give me a part number for the mps kit and i'll let you know my price.
33-50-2-413-033
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 09:01 PM   #26
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezil View Post
Quote:
I have a wholesale account at my local BMW dealership. I might be able to get decent pricing, but shipping was another benefit that Brian was able to do at a low cost.

I have found in the past that my wholesale pricing is equal to what you can find online anyway, so I've not mentioned it before.

Can someone give me a part number for the MPS kit and I'll let you know my price.
If we can get it under 2K shipped, I am sure several members will place an order.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #27
M2C89
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If we can get it under 2K shipped, I am sure several members will place an order.
Yup
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 10:20 PM   #28
Nezil
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI '18 6MT M2

OK, I got a price for you guys but it's not worth posting. GetBMWParts.come is slightly cheaper, as are some other places.

I believe that what you're looking for is not wholesale pricing, but dealer pricing. Wholesale is the pricing that dealers give to other resellers, allowing them to make a profit. List price is what most 3rd party shops charge to help them turn a profit in addition to labor, which is about 25% above wholesale, and then there is another price called 'Price6' which is even higher and is charged to end users. The mark up for Price6 is a sort of sliding scale with very low cost parts like clips being marked up by an enormous margin, and more expensive items like the MPS being marked up by only 30% from wholesale.

Presumably dealers still make some money on what they call the wholesale price, but not a huge amount. I also believe that a few small very large dealers are able to get an even lower price because they act as a warehouse hub for a region. BMWPartsHub.com is like this; they're a web front for both a dealer and the East Coast hub, which is why their prices are usually some of the lowest around. Sun Motors may have been similar.

Current Performance Mods:
CSF FMIC, ER CP, Fabspeed Cat, Aquamist WMI, GFB DV+, NGK 97506, BM3 (Stage 2 93 OTS), CDV delete, UCP, M2C/M3/M4 Strut Brace, M3/M4 Reinforcement Rings
Appreciate 2
m20e30871144.00
      05-27-2020, 02:04 AM   #29
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
OK, I got a price for you guys but it's not worth posting. GetBMWParts.come is slightly cheaper, as are some other places.

I believe that what you're looking for is not wholesale pricing, but dealer pricing. Wholesale is the pricing that dealers give to other resellers, allowing them to make a profit. List price is what most 3rd party shops charge to help them turn a profit in addition to labor, which is about 25% above wholesale, and then there is another price called 'Price6' which is even higher and is charged to end users. The mark up for Price6 is a sort of sliding scale with very low cost parts like clips being marked up by an enormous margin, and more expensive items like the MPS being marked up by only 30% from wholesale.

Presumably dealers still make some money on what they call the wholesale price, but not a huge amount. I also believe that a few small very large dealers are able to get an even lower price because they act as a warehouse hub for a region. BMWPartsHub.com is like this; they're a web front for both a dealer and the East Coast hub, which is why their prices are usually some of the lowest around. Sun Motors may have been similar.
Sun Motors with Brian advertised what they did as "volume pricing" which was typically significantly lower than wholesale pricing on average from places like GetBMWParts and BMWPartsPros

Brian @ SM would have shipping included in that price as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:11 AM   #30
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Who is Brian Keller's replacement at the Sun Motors Dealership? Seems odd that no one took his place? He quoted me $1989.00 shipped with tax for an MPE November last year. Very good price, no one can come close to his pricing.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 10:42 AM   #31
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
Who is Brian Keller's replacement at the Sun Motors Dealership? Seems odd that no one took his place? He quoted me $1989.00 shipped with tax for an MPE November last year. Very good price, no one can come close to his pricing.
No one. He stated in the weeks leading up to his retirement that his dealership would stop doing volume discounts on parts. They offloaded a bunch of parts at heavy discounts. So now there's no aggressive parts competitor in the market. Prices for M Perf parts have rose everywhere ever since he left
Appreciate 1
PLF693766.00
      05-28-2020, 01:28 PM   #32
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
No one. He stated in the weeks leading up to his retirement that his dealership would stop doing volume discounts on parts. They offloaded a bunch of parts at heavy discounts. So now there's no aggressive parts competitor in the market. Prices for M Perf parts have rose everywhere ever since he left
I guess now those of us who are looking to save money will have to do DIY and take it in for an alignment.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #33
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

The alignment is probably the think that bumps the hours up, as it's the full KDS and ride height setting.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 12:53 PM   #34
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
The alignment is probably the think that bumps the hours up, as it's the full KDS and ride height setting.
Alignment from performance shops in SD are only $100?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 01:07 PM   #35
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxified View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Alignment from performance shops in SD are only $100?
Depends on the type of alignment. Standard in and out is $100 sure. But if you want custom dialing in for track it'll be more and corner balancing is typically extra too
Appreciate 1
      05-30-2020, 12:01 PM   #36
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

The alignment is all 4 wheels and includes toe and camber on the back, plus getting the car at the correct height first (which doesn't appear to form part of fitting it). Hence...
Appreciate 0