BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > New BMW M2 CS crashed at the Nürburgring Nordschleife

07-09-2020, 05:35 AM   #67
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
Haha thanks! Good luck at the ring and I hope you dont get too much traffic.

Well now I have a target for Spa
You can do it! Have fun and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 01:54 PM   #68
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMe90 View Post
I've never driven the ring in person, but I have driven on that track in video games hundreds of times. Curious to see how my familiarity with the ring virtually would translate into real life driving. I definitely wouldn't be setting any records, just curious how effective the video games are at replicating real life tracks.
With enough laps, you’ll always know where you are, meaning you probably won’t take any corner at a wildly inappropriate speed. That’s safety.

You may also learn the dangerous spots on track, where walls are close and mistakes easy to make.

None of this can prepare you for the sheer terror and exhilaration of the actual Nurburgring. It is absolutely insane, difficult, humbling, and a total adrenal gland drain. It is so bumpy, narrow, so demanding, and so freakin long that all other tracks afterwards (with the exception of SPA perhaps) feel like toy car sets in a kid’s sandbox.

I am not exaggerating, the vibe and the buzz are mind blowing.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
5.M0NSTER3353.50
      07-09-2020, 04:01 PM   #69
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
With enough laps, you’ll always know where you are, meaning you probably won’t take any corner at a wildly inappropriate speed. That’s safety.

You may also learn the dangerous spots on track, where walls are close and mistakes easy to make.

None of this can prepare you for the sheer terror and exhilaration of the actual Nurburgring. It is absolutely insane, difficult, humbling, and a total adrenal gland drain. It is so bumpy, narrow, so demanding, and so freakin long that all other tracks afterwards (with the exception of SPA perhaps) feel like toy car sets in a kid’s sandbox.

I am not exaggerating, the vibe and the buzz are mind blowing.
This. I return home to the US in 2021. And I already know that any of the usual tracks I go to will feel unexciting by comparison.

But I'm an optimist, so I look on the bright side. And on the bright side, with all the extra runoff room, any inkling of caution will be out the window. My demeanor will change from #safeandhookedup to #neverlift. So I will likely shatter ALL my old PBs.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 03:05 PM   #70
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
I have seen the car back in the workshop in Prague. The car is not that damaged. It is all repairable. Interesting to see his front wheels being completely scratched from stones between the calipers and the brake calipers.

MR
Appreciate 0