BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > KBB M2C value ?

01-14-2021, 04:46 PM   #23
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
Curious about wanting to move to a P-car after only 2k miles. $58k is just about a 6% discount off of MSRP, so I think you are unrealistic anybody would pay that for a used one - I'm kind of thinking that the 53k is a good offer. I'd have expected them to gouge another 5k, figuring that anybody who would seriously consider that swap isn't going to care about losing a few thousand.
Drove a GTS and blown away, so much better and direct like a sports car should be. I agree 58k is unrealistic but 55-56k should be a fair trade in value. Also used car market is soaring and there are not lot of sparingly used M2C's in the market, that makes the value of my car more. Afterall its like a brand new car and just 3 months old.
      01-14-2021, 05:29 PM   #24
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep View Post
Well, according to that link, my car is valued at $45K in outstanding condition. Which is like $5K to $7K off of the above price. Now, i'm guessing that the location plays a large part in that.

Looking at cars.com, the lowest price used 2020 M2C for sale in America is $49K. The average price is closer to $60K while the outlier is $69K.

Meaning, in real world, you would get somewhere in the ballpark of low $50s. I know that if i were to trade my car in, I wouldn't do it for anything under $55K. Which isn't bad if you think about it, I had the car for a year and a half now and it only depreciated by like $6K.

This thread made me look at used M2C values on cars.com again.
The car for $49K is still there, however i saw that it had a REBUILT title.
Again, most of these cars are anywhere from low $50K range to Mid-high $60K range.
They also have two M2CS for sale as "used" cars for $103K and $114K. Yikes

So basically, this car isn't losing any value.
      01-14-2021, 05:50 PM   #25
silvercas
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: One

Quote:
Quote:
Well, according to that link, my car is valued at $45K in outstanding condition. Which is like $5K to $7K off of the above price. Now, i'm guessing that the location plays a large part in that.

Looking at cars.com, the lowest price used 2020 M2C for sale in America is $49K. The average price is closer to $60K while the outlier is $69K.

Meaning, in real world, you would get somewhere in the ballpark of low $50s. I know that if i were to trade my car in, I wouldn't do it for anything under $55K. Which isn't bad if you think about it, I had the car for a year and a half now and it only depreciated by like $6K.

Again, most of these cars are anywhere from low $50K range to Mid-high $60K range.

Quote:
Quote:

Did you miss the 87k 20 m2 cs on autotrader?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2021, 09:26 PM   #26
natmad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C 6MT, M3C Build Week 43

Curious, what is MSRP on the GTS?

That’s a damn nice ride. There’s a white one around the corner from my fiancé’s house. Sounds good going by too.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2021, 10:54 AM   #27
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercas View Post
Did you miss the 87k 20 m2 cs on autotrader?
Found it on Cars.com. Interesting, you would figure it would lose money like any other used car but nope.

That should be an indicator that in this market, these cars don't depreciate as much as a regular car does.
      01-15-2021, 08:57 PM   #28
Fuji550i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, E46 m3, E60 550i

Quote:
Curious about wanting to move to a P-car after only 2k miles. $58k is just about a 6% discount off of MSRP, so I think you are unrealistic anybody would pay that for a used one - I'm kind of thinking that the 53k is a good offer. I'd have expected them to gouge another 5k, figuring that anybody who would seriously consider that swap isn't going to care about losing a few thousand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoale View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
I think i got lowballed on trade in for my M2C at a porsche dealer , they offered 53K for my 2021 M2C having 2200 miles in mint condition. My expectation was 58k

What do you think realistically my car trade in value should be?
A person can pickup a brand new '21 for < $60k, so expecting 58 on a trade-in is high. Private party sell is best bet to max selling price, but doubt anyone on this forum would give you $58 unless car has additions they want.
Quote:
I tried to trade in my 2020 with 4k miles with PPF, carbon bits and 763M for a local M2 CS and they offered my 47k. So 52k trade in is close to what they need to make a profit. Private sale will probably 54 to 55k
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:23 AM   #29
BigKutta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C, 2019 330xi, 2017 Q7

Garage List
2019 330xi  [0.00]
2017 Audi Q7 3.0  [0.00]
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji550i View Post
I tried to trade in my 2020 with 4k miles with PPF, carbon bits and 763M for a local M2 CS and they offered my 47k. So 52k trade in is close to what they need to make a profit. Private sale will probably 54 to 55k
I think the bottom line in that when selling such "new" used cars, its best not to trade in, and just sell private party. That's your best bet.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 02:07 PM   #30
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuji550i View Post
I think the bottom line in that when selling such "new" used cars, its best not to trade in, and just sell private party. That's your best bet.
Unless the private party sale is more than the trade in price + tax benefit from trade in . Not to mention the hassle involved in the whole process, its not worth to me

BTW I heard new M2Cs are selling 8 to 10% of sticker these days ? when I bought 4 months back they were selling close to sticker.
      01-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #31
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Quote:
It does seem low, but thats closer to trade in reality. I'll be honest, I have similar spec, but with more expensive DCT and no roof plus a bunch of small add-ons, and I paid below $60k new. So a new spec like yours can easily be had for $60k or less, so no one will pay $59k for a used. You likely will get $55-56 from a private party. Dealers have to make money so they'll go even lower. I could, of course, be totally wrong, but I'm using my thought process here if I was buying your car. Good luck!
Fyi MT is higher in demand than a DCT and will sell at a higher price.
That's a myth. A manual will not be worth more than a DCT. This isn't Ferrari world.
      01-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #32
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
It does seem low, but thats closer to trade in reality. I'll be honest, I have similar spec, but with more expensive DCT and no roof plus a bunch of small add-ons, and I paid below $60k new. So a new spec like yours can easily be had for $60k or less, so no one will pay $59k for a used. You likely will get $55-56 from a private party. Dealers have to make money so they'll go even lower. I could, of course, be totally wrong, but I'm using my thought process here if I was buying your car. Good luck!
That's a myth. A manual will not be worth more than a DCT. This isn't Ferrari world.
Who told you its a myth ?
Poochie9099.00
      01-16-2021, 07:04 PM   #33
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Who told you its a myth ?
Exactly, with no hard evidence to go on, we're all just making assumptions. However, to paraphrase the previous poster's analogy; this not a Camry, it's an BMW M2..

That and the take rate for a new manual M2 is 50%, so the margins on yea or nah is already too razor thin to make any assumption on the used car market.

Today, all brands and models of performance cars including the few still available with manual transmissions are mostly sold new with automatics.

When these cars appear in the used car market, it's very likely that the type of enthusiast buyer looking for one of these pre-owned performance models would be far more likely to purchase and drive a manual, than an ordinary customer.

Additionally, right or wrong, in some brands, Porsche comes to mind, the automatics (and DCTs) have a reputation of being unreliable. I believe the automatics used in Porsche cars were used in millions of other cars including Mercedes Benz but in this market perception is far more important than reality.

I would add that the increasing unavailability of manual transmission cars will likely be enough to boost their value in future years and more so on performance models.
Appreciate 1
boss2k1040.50
      01-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #34
trey100
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I don't get the 2019s where people are still looking for 53-54k. A 2021 with exec is $60k or so. Why would anyone buy a 2 year old used car to save 2-3k? For me, I'd just buy a new one and try to get a few dollars off. You'll gain that back when you sell (it being 2 years newer) and single owner.

But to the original point, the M2 does pretty good on resale compared to almost all other BMWs.
Appreciate 2
chris7197273.00
      01-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #35
M2Competition
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, P. Sport Turismo, MGA

I have about $18K worth of upgrades on my '19 M2C with 3,900 miles that I just posted at the classifieds section for $58K in Los Angeles.
Appreciate 0