BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > LIFTED! Delivery Stop on Certain BMW M2, M3, M4, 5 and 6 Series For Rear Differential

08-07-2016, 03:00 PM   #683
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj
Hi all. I am new to this forum, but a long time ///M owner stuck in midst of this delivery delay.

Has anyone had any luck getting a loaner from a dealership until this sorts itself out? I got another $500 off my car from BMW Military Sales, so I am paying below invoice now but I am doing my best not to go full wrecking ball mode. They are now shipping my car to a local dealer for the repair...where it will sit until this affair is over. So far I will have made 2 payments on a car that is 2 months late and the buyer for my M3 is showing up next week. Does anyone think it is worth negotiating a few cosmetic performance parts or is that out of line? I ordered my car on 23 March and still only have the invoices to show for it which is frustrating to say the least.

Anyway, it is nice to be part of the forum I have been stalking for awhile. This forum has been awesome during my ordering process.

Vooj
My advice would be to negotiate the best deal that you can. I am in a similar spot. 2 month of payments. No delivery. Can you get a loaner... Some have... Can you get M parts, or other accessories... Some have. Work the deal, and remember that they have your money and you have nothing. There are federal rules against that.
Vooj41.50
      08-07-2016, 03:25 PM   #684
Vooj
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 YMB M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
My advice would be to negotiate the best deal that you can. I am in a similar spot. 2 month of payments. No delivery. Can you get a loaner... Some have... Can you get M parts, or other accessories... Some have. Work the deal, and remember that they have your money and you have nothing. There are federal rules against that.
Thanks, Skubalon. I will see what I can wheel and deal on this one. Haggling is one of my least favorite things ever. I would rather fly combat sorties than haggle 10 out of 10 times.

I never really thought about the "they have [my] money and [I] have nothing aspect." I will try to leverage that a little. I am a very patient person, and all about fairness, so I want to avoid the angry bull in the china shop scenario. I just want a little recompense.

And my car. I want my car YMB driving machine served with a small side of recompense.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2016, 05:39 PM   #685
Skubalon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skubalon View Post
Thanks, Skubalon. I will see what I can wheel and deal on this one. Haggling is one of my least favorite things ever. I would rather fly combat sorties than haggle 10 out of 10 times.

I never really thought about the "they have [my] money and [I] have nothing aspect." I will try to leverage that a little. I am a very patient person, and all about fairness, so I want to avoid the angry bull in the china shop scenario. I just want a little recompense.

And my car. I want my car YMB driving machine served with a small side of recompense.
My advice on the negotiation is that a soft voice is better received that a bull in a china shop. Explain the situation, be peaceful, and don't escalate too quickly. Leave you options open too. I negotiated a fair deal (IMHO), but I left the option open to go after more if they keep missing dates. My dealer has been great too, they have fought for me and have filled in gaps that BMW NA left open.
      08-08-2016, 09:19 AM   #686
zimzimma
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmzanatta View Post
FYI, for cars on the priority list the diffs are due for delivery to the TO warehouse today and will be going out to dealers later today or early Monday.
Hey just verified this with my contact at BMW Canada. Parts should hit TO this Wednesday apparently. He confirmed I am on the priority list and parts should be in Montreal by Friday (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #687
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2 # 660/713

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimzimma
Quote:
FYI, for cars on the priority list the diffs are due for delivery to the TO warehouse today and will be going out to dealers later today or early Monday.
Hey just verified this with my contact at BMW Canada. Parts should hit TO this Wednesday apparently. He confirmed I am on the priority list and parts should be in Montreal by Friday (fingers crossed)
Yep parts were late, I've been notified as well. They only shipped from Germany last Friday.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #688
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

nice to know there are at least parts floating about....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #689
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubz
nice to know there are at least parts floating about....
Literally. They had to dump 80%+ of the first batch due to same issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #690
Vooj
Private
Rep

BMW NA Customer Relations was very helpful for me today and put in the loaner request for me through my local dealership. They said it would take 3 business days, which is fine since I am on a business trip. Since my dealer was technically in Japan for BMW Mil Sales, I don't have anyone helping me out locally.

I feel like it is the beginning of an amicable solution. As I am already slightly below invoice (MSRP of $74k and I am now paying $68,030 delivered with no taxes and $34 registration) and working with NA directly, I think I am going to try to get MP Front Splitters and/or the spoiler and do the tint/wrap with the extra $500 BMW Mil Sales gave me for my trouble.

Calm and polite definitely worked best so far. We shall see how it plays out.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #691
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenCommunist View Post
I think you may be right. I ordered my MY 2017 on July 8th. I finally got a production number for my build to begin first week of October. CA advised my car should be ready for pickup by mid-November.

If this diff issue drags on until Sept/Oct, you're better off just cancelling the order and waiting the extra month or so for a MY 2017. You'll save yourself one year of depreciation.
Considering MY2017 cars will have the new maintenance coverage that doesn't cover brake pads and rotors or wipers I'd wait it out. Brakes aren't cheap. Unless you ordered the carbon ceramics which aren't covered under the maintenance program regardless of year.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 02:00 PM   #692
mose121
Humanist
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP/F31 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
I agree its f'n annoying that '17s are rolling down the line with available inventory meanwhile '16s are sitting idle for weeks/month waiting for a fix. Doesn't seem right. Take care of a customer now or a customer later? Customer now should have priority.

But, I'm trying to stay calm. I'm sure BMW has a well throughout plan which we are not apprised of. If this drags out too long then dealers will be stuck with a massive inventory of '16s while '17s are available into the winter months. I cant see that happening... If it does then BMW royally screwed over us (waiting '16 buyers) and the dealers. If we wait it out and It takes until October/November then there is a good chance you scored a '16 with one hell of a deal. less than invoice? The motivation to sell a '16 over a '17 will be in our favor. Think of it that way.

Doesn't matter anyway - i'm going to win the M2 and M4 GTS in the CCA raffle.
Understand that they can't just stop the assembly line. That would literally cost them millions of dollars.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 02:53 PM   #693
DR12FAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Convertible (ZCP)

Hi guys,

I'm from the uk, my car has been with dealer since the 15/07/16.

I received this update today. Appears current figures may have been conservative re number of vehicles effected.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #694
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR12FAN View Post
Hi guys,

I received this update today. Appears current figures may have been conservative re number of vehicles effected.
      08-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #695
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draper
Quote:
Hi guys,

My Canadian car has been at the dealer since 17/07.

Heard the same thing, 6+ weeks for fix if you're just getting in line now. There is (allegedly) a priority list for customers like myself already making payments on a car sitting at the lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 03:29 PM   #696
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:

Heard the same thing, 6+ weeks for fix if you're just getting in line now. There is (allegedly) a priority list for customers like myself already making payments on a car sitting at the lot.
Sucks to be making payments on a car that they have on hold.
What are they doing for you to compensate?
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 03:31 PM   #697
xcusem3_
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Hi guys,

I guess that's why my boss told me I'd be waiting until October...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:19 PM   #698
Vooj
Private
Rep

Quote:

I am in the same boat. I put $7k down to get the order started in March and had full payment to BMW in May for my build. My payments started in July, when they said the vehicle would arrive, so I will likely make 3 payments before I see the machine. On top of that, I have a deposit from a buyer for my E46 M3 who has been incredibly patient, but the ordeal is getting me interest charged on an extra $20K until I make that big payment from my car sale.

The wife is less than impressed...
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:28 PM   #699
gmzanatta
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r
Quote:

Sucks to be making payments on a car that they have on hold.
What are they doing for you to compensate?
No compensation talk yet - unofficially, BMW AG has told them no plans to compensate owners. They gave me a loaner in meantime since I already sold my cars and, unlike BMW, a deal is a deal when you set a date.

We've been talking though, because it is a MY16 and it's taking a huge hit just sitting there getting old and depreciating.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:37 PM   #700
platinum903
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5, F85 X5M, G05 X5

Are you guys making lease payment or purchase payments? I would be irate if they were making me pay lease payments without ever receiving the car. That's ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #701
visi107
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vooj View Post
I am in the same boat. I put $7k down to get the order started in March and had full payment to BMW in May for my build. My payments started in July, when they said the vehicle would arrive, so I will likely make 3 payments before I see the machine. On top of that, I have a deposit from a buyer for my E46 M3 who has been incredibly patient, but the ordeal is getting me interest charged on an extra $20K until I make that big payment from my car sale.

The wife is less than impressed...
I thought for US delivery, you can not sign the contract ahead of time?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:48 PM   #702
Halewafa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SO/SO M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum903
Are you guys making lease payment or purchase payments? I would be irate if they were making me pay lease payments without ever receiving the car. That's ridiculous.
Lease payments started for me on June 3rd because of ED, 3rd payment was a few days ago
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 04:56 PM   #703
Vooj
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by visi107 View Post
I thought for US delivery, you can not sign the contract ahead of time?
Military/Diplomatic sales all go through a seller who works with BMW Japan and actually get delivered to your front door, not a dealer. They required full payment within 7 days of VIN release before production. So in this case, you have to sign the contract ahead of time. It didn't bother me at all...until the delay.

The transit takes forever too, as BMW ships the car to Japan where they do the PDI and then ship it to your home. Now it gets to go sit at a local dealership waiting for the repair.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #704
JDubz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

I was told my diff is in transit. Any idea if these are coming via ship or plane yet?
Appreciate 0